Help with some upgrades

Old 09-21-2019, 01:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Help with some upgrades

Hey all I find myself in need of your knowledge on upgrades for my Prosc10
1 Hubs
2 steering
3 anything you think I should look at that I may have missed
4 Best body for running short course truck I need to get one so I can get it painted very bright for me to focus on since I a blinding one eye
Old 09-21-2019, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by White ear View Post
Hey all I find myself in need of your knowledge on upgrades for my Prosc10
1 Hubs
2 steering
3 anything you think I should look at that I may have missed
4 Best body for running short course truck I need to get one so I can get it painted very bright for me to focus on since I a blinding one eye
. Im not sure there are a whole lot of upgrades for that. Im sure there are some. But listen,,,
This is just my .02. When you start up with upgrades, your giving yourself less forgiveness is the chassis department. Meaning, plastic bends and flexes. Carbon fiber and aluminum doesn't. If the shiny side of your truck isnt on top for most of your racing, your gonna break instead of bend. Plastics have memory and more often go back to the original shape and position after big crashes. Although aluminum and cf are way stronger, after you exceed that "bend but dont break" point, well, its off to the pits you go.
In my opinion, for what you've described in your abilities and aspirations, I would put at least 20 or 30 packs on it before you go dumping money on parts that may or may not help your driving. If you want to bling it out, well thats another story and more power to you. Remember this truck was designed and tested with all those chosen parts for the desired performance. Also, your truck is the end result of a LOT of design upgrades and r&d. Its good bro!!! Run it and have fun. Stock up on maintenance parts. Arms, diff gears, cvd, outdrives, axles, bearings...lots of bearings...
Ok, Ill say this in closing😊 I think an aluminum servo horn is necessary. Then....WHEELS AND TIRES!!! Those rtr tires are crap. Theyre good for ripping up and down your road and bashing..not so much for the average indoor clay track...Find out what the guys at the track run and buy accordingly. Tires are 80% of your performance. True story.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks the tires on it now are what they run most at my local track I am the 2nd owner of this truck one of the guys sold me the truck basically for what a few replacement of parts cost him he just went up to sct 2wd he got this one June and last month won a new kit that TA donated for a fundraiser for The Childrenís Miracle network so built the kit and sold me mine for $150 with a new radio and receiver.
one of the other guys from the track just sent me a message he is painting a bright colored body for me to help me focus on my car and said I can pit under his easy up and they will help me and be my pit crew since I am disabled and canít move well
I see things much different now then in the 80s
the guys even said they will take my spot marshaling
I think I found a good group of friends
the one who got truck from said he just wanted to get more into racing
RazorRC likes this.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by White ear View Post
Thanks the tires on it now are what they run most at my local track I am the 2nd owner of this truck one of the guys sold me the truck basically for what a few replacement of parts cost him he just went up to sct 2wd he got this one June and last month won a new kit that TA donated for a fundraiser for The Childrenís Miracle network so built the kit and sold me mine for $150 with a new radio and receiver.
one of the other guys from the track just sent me a message he is painting a bright colored body for me to help me focus on my car and said I can pit under his easy up and they will help me and be my pit crew since I am disabled and canít move well
I see things much different now then in the 80s
the guys even said they will take my spot marshaling
I think I found a good group of friends
the one who got truck from said he just wanted to get more into racing
yeah youll always find a group of guys willing to help. The rc community is like that. You always have
"that guy" in anything, but most just want to have more competition.
Just run your truck. Dont think you gotta dump a bunch of money in it. Just go out there and keep it on the track!
Old 09-22-2019, 05:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Do you think it is true that putting the 3mm offset wheels on will help me to keep her on all 4s