Carpet tracks on the east coast >

Carpet tracks on the east coast

Like Tree8Likes

Carpet tracks on the east coast

Old 09-15-2019, 03:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default Carpet tracks on the east coast

Looking for tracks to visit over the winter and kinda new to carpet off-road. Post your track and a link if you have one. Thanks
Old 09-15-2019, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamison R View Post
Looking for tracks to visit over the winter and kinda new to carpet off-road. Post your track and a link if you have one. Thanks
google rc car track locator from rc car magazine.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Where are you located?
Old 09-15-2019, 05:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Located in Virginia. I will check locator again
Old 09-15-2019, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

I know of 1 carpet and 2 Astro here in CT, but it’s a haul from VA.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamison R View Post
Located in Virginia. I will check locator again
yeah the locator says 15 tracks in va
Old 09-15-2019, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ho-b max indoor offroad carpet track in Durham NC

https://www.facebook.com/groups/560416657473846/

There is also a indoor offroad carpet track in King NC called Smith Built "the rug"

xjwolfpacker likes this.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Smith Built RC "The Rug" (Carpet off Road) - King, NC
Ho-B-Max (Carpet off Road) - Durham, NC
Adrenaline RC (1/8 and 1/10 Indoor Dirt Offroad) - Winchester, VA
The Track in Gaithersburg Maryland (1/10 Indoor Dirt Offroad) - Gaithersburg, MD
xjwolfpacker likes this.

Last edited by JDMR; 09-16-2019 at 07:39 AM. Reason: corrections
Old 09-30-2019, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Not super close to VA, but hey you did say east coast so...

https://www.facebook.com/DunnRacewayPark/

xenon55 likes this.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Hobmax and smith Built rc. Check out a Facebook page called “Southeast RC Racing.” The title is self explanatory. Hobmax is pretty overpriced for what it is IMO, but I go there occasionally. For example, the race fee at an upcoming club race there for your first race class is $45 for the little track in the run down mall. It should be $15-$25like most other tracks. $25 is a bit much tbh. Hope this helps!
JDMR and 4wdsct like this.

Last edited by evhexrc; 10-11-2019 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evhexrc View Post
Hobmax and smith Built rc. Check out a Facebook page called “Southeast RC Racing.” The title is self explanatory. Hobmax is pretty overpriced for what it is IMO, but I go there occasionally. For example, the race fee at an upcoming club race there for your first race class is $45 for the little track in the run down mall. It should be $15-$25like most other tracks. $25 is a bit much tbh. Hope this helps!
For clarification, at HoBMax, the upcoming race that you think is overpriced is a Trophy Race. Not a normal "club" race. It's $35 (1st class), $25 (2nd class), $10 (3rd class). This includes practice all day Friday which is normally charged for, and trophies for the top 3 in each class, as well as TQ . The track also has AIR CONDITIONING which you wont find at other local indoor tracks... TV, wifi, etc.

As for being in a run down mall, at least there is a hobby shop with some basics also in the mall, AND a full-service food court.

Normal Saturday races are $25 for first class and $15 for second class. $10 for 3rd class. Stock Slash is also always $15 instead of $25 if it's the only class you're racing. And kids 10 and under practice/race free with a paid adult.

There's also a $5 discount if you register in advance.

Last edited by xjwolfpacker; 09-30-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xjwolfpacker View Post
For clarification, at HoBMax, the upcoming race that you think is overpriced is a Trophy Race. Not a normal "club" race. It's $35 (1st class), $25 (2nd class), $10 (3rd class). This includes practice all day Friday which is normally charged for. The track also has AIR CONDITIONING which you wont find at other local indoor tracks... TV, wifi, etc.

As for being in a run down mall, at least there is a hobby shop with some basics also in the mall, AND a full-service food court.

Normal Saturday races are $25 for first class and $15 for second class. $10 for 3rd class. Stock Slash is also always $15 instead of $25 if it's the only class you're racing. And kids 10 and under practice/race free with a paid adult.

There's also a $5 discount if you register in advance.
lol didn’t mean to ruffle any feathers. Do you work there? And I thought it was a $10 discount if you register early(still overpriced), if we are going to be corrective and technical I wouldn’t trust my life to the food court... had too many buddies get food poisoning from there. I, and many others consider “trophy races” club races if they aren’t part of a series since a trophy is just a trophy. “Trophy races” at other races cost $20-$25 usually, even if it’s a “cash race.” I’m more than happy to help at hobmax and make it better... I already do. I’m simply a racer, local to the place, giving feedback. Hobmax is a place I can go when I’m not able to travel 2 hours to another track. Sometimes I’ll pop in to see if they have a part or something else I need. They usually don’t, but when they do, the item has typically been sitting on the shelf for 2+ years and they’ll discount it because they just want it gone lol. I’m considering coming to a few hobmax races and practice days sometime soon, if I can’t travel.
4wdsct likes this.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bdemegs View Post
Not super close to VA, but hey you did say east coast so...

https://www.facebook.com/DunnRacewayPark/

They’re only about an hour from my parents. Might have to take a trip there over the holidays.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree with evhex- Ho-b-Max is kind of overpriced for what it is... and $45 for the first class? Dang! I was going to see what they were charging for races but that’s too much. $$$ I’ll go to King RC. Great guys there. I wish they stocked more 1/8 scale racing buggy/truggy stuff too.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evhexrc View Post

lol didn’t mean to ruffle any feathers. Do you work there? And I thought it was a $10 discount if you register early(still overpriced), if we are going to be corrective and technical I wouldn’t trust my life to the food court... had too many buddies get food poisoning from there. I, and many others consider “trophy races” club races if they aren’t part of a series since a trophy is just a trophy. “Trophy races” at other races cost $20-$25 usually, even if it’s a “cash race.” I’m more than happy to help at hobmax and make it better... I already do. I’m simply a racer, local to the place, giving feedback. Hobmax is a place I can go when I’m not able to travel 2 hours to another track. Sometimes I’ll pop in to see if they have a part or something else I need. They usually don’t, but when they do, the item has typically been sitting on the shelf for 2+ years and they’ll discount it because they just want it gone lol. I’m considering coming to a few hobmax races and practice days sometime soon, if I can’t travel.
Haha, no feathers ruffled. I dont work there. I'm just a highly involved volunteer, and assist with track/race planning, etc. I fully agree that we are $5-10 more than we (the track crew) would like to be, but trust us our hands are tied on the class pricing at the moment unfortunately. You probably know and realize this already but for those that havent thought about it, indoor tracks like HoBMax who rent a space have legit overhead that most/many offroad tracks dont. Rent for a space that large in a mall (albeit a "run down" mall) is still pretty high, and it costs a pretty penny to air condition an open space that large too.

I just wanted to put the correct information out there for others who may be interested, so as to not scare anyone away with inaccurate pricing as was originally posted

As for the food, that sucks about your buddies. I've eaten the food in the food court literally 30+ times and never had a problem. The pizza is legit. Subway isnt any suckier than any other Subway, and the Chinese place is actually pretty good. Never a problem. Your mileage may vary though I suppose.

As always though, if you have suggestions or want to help out, we're more than open to hearing it and having you out to lend a hand! We just want to provide a solid racing spot for everyone to enjoy! We're getting better and better each week. Gotta start somewhere though.

Last edited by xjwolfpacker; 09-30-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.