• 1 Post By tak4
  • 1 Post By uDi_MP7.5
  • 1 Post By ikpthegame
  • 1 Post By D1360

Kyosho Inferno MP9e Kit vs ReadySet

Old 09-11-2019, 02:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho Inferno MP9e Kit vs ReadySet

I am wondering what to order. The Inferno ReadySet or the Kit. I think the kit is very expensive. I have looked at the exploded view drawnings for both models, and most of the parts are the same.
The readyset is cheaper and have a radio and a motor included. So if I bye the Readyset, then I can slowly upgrade the parts that are different from the two models.
Anyone know about some comparison between these two models?
Someone who have both models that can give a good answer?
Thanks!
Old 09-11-2019, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Amain has a great 4 part series about the Kyosho buggy on YouTube that should answer most of your questions.
longice79 likes this.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Huge difference between the two kits, at least in the tki3 versions. I assume the tki4s are the same. I will try to explain more if you need but basically...

Same geometry between both cars but quality of parts are way different. shock towers are much thinner and made from a lower grade material. Same with knuckles and shocks, etc. Just to give an example....

These are the knuckles of the tki3 readyset and the kit. Just look at the quality and price difference.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/kyosho-...yoif419/p34707

https://www.powerhobby.com/kyosho-if...ready-set.html

Once again i have no experience with the tki4 and the readyset might be closer to the kit version but I'm also sure Kyosho will not give you parts made from the same materials with the large difference in price.

Once again, I'm not saying the readysets are bad. I started with the readyset and loved it. Then I got a kit version and will probably never go for the readyset again unless I have no other choice.

There is just that big of a difference between the two in terms of durability, especially when you're racing.
longice79 likes this.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree with tak4, just wait/save and get the kit version, if the MP9 is what you want.
Kyosho love to cheap out on parts quality on cheaper kits, and even on the "proper" kits they'll only use 7075 alloy where absolutely needed, and skimp back to 6061 elsewhere.
You have to scour the part descriptions on the website to find where they cheaped out, even then it can be hard, so most people aren't even aware.

In the past the readyset/sports kit downgrades used to be weaker diff gears, cheaper shocks, weaker material in driveshafts, and as tak4 mentioned things like weaker cast knuckles instead of machined ones.

If it were me and my budget only allowed the readyset Inferno, I'd either explore a good-condition used kit or a different brand entirely.
The slow upgrade route will cost you a lot more in the long run, as the actual good Kyosho parts (eg. the CNC knuckles, complete shocks) are not cheap.
longice79 likes this.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I agree as well, I'd go for the kit. Not to mention you get the fun of building it, you also don't have to take a new rc apart to setup your diffs and shocks, you can set it up how you want from the get go with the kit.
longice79 likes this.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

Hi!

It depends on what you want to do with it.
Bash around and play a bit? - go with the RTR version , just upgrade the front shocktower to the kit-version and youŽll have a perfect car for that purpose.
If you want to race it on the track - buy a kit version.
If you buy the RTR, and then later decide to start racing on track, donŽt upgrade it, just sell it and get a kit instead.
longice79 likes this.

Last edited by D1360; 09-16-2019 at 06:15 AM.
Old 09-20-2019, 02:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for all the answers! I have decided to buy a Kyosho Inferno MP9 kit car with this motor and ESC

Tekin RX8 GEN3/Redline T8 GEN3 1/8 Buggy Brushless ESC/Motor Combo (1900kV)

think it will be a good combo!