Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Want a new truck and this arrma trucks looks great but...... >

Want a new truck and this arrma trucks looks great but......

Want a new truck and this arrma trucks looks great but......

Old 09-01-2019, 08:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Want a new truck and this arrma trucks looks great but......

Hello.

Im in a situation where i can get a rustler 4x4 vxl that only had 3 runs, this truck i have tested it and itís the strongest box stock 1/10 traxxas ever made. No need for upgraded a arms or c hubs.. Itís a new plastic, made to take a lot more beat also in cold weather.

But what scares me is that if i buy proline tires for this truck, steel cvds rear and front then the truck have costed close to 700 dollars.

My second and third cars must be arrma kraton 1/8 or one of the 1/10 ble 3s trucks.

The 1/8 kraton is known for to get the chassis bent, and the 1/10 is very cheap and does not comes with adjustable motor mounts, bearings is not sealed and for 100 dollars less vs a traxxas in same size i doubt it could be just as solid?

Anyone here that have experiences with arrma?
Old 09-02-2019, 08:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boozman View Post
....But what scares me is that if i buy proline tires for this truck, steel cvds rear and front then the truck have costed close to 700 dollars.
Not uncommon to take a RC and dump money into it, and get it to where you want it, or think you want it. How hard you "send it" will determine a lot of variables in the hobby.

Ah, yes. The decision making process... I've tossed and turned many o' nights on what to get for my next RC. Pick a style of RC that catches your eye. Pick a scale. In the case of bent chassis history, maybe a shorter chassis would be better for the times that you plan to "send it"? List what "must haves" your next RC has to have. Do you care about plastic shocks? Stamped vs. machined? Lame/mediocre/somewhat decent electronics Vs. electronics that you choose? Narrowing down the list is sometimes super easy.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes very true!

Just found out that the latest version on arrma have a bad controller, it delay between the reciever and the remote, so it would be just as expensive like a traxxas when one do the upgrades it need. So i went with the rustler
Old 09-09-2019, 11:30 PM
Tech Regular

yes, the new spektrum radios the arrmas come with have really hurt the brand "RTR" wise, the old radio was really good, but anther brand sucked down horizon's spektrum trap.
the dumborc radio with built in gyro is like $27... its freaky how good it is for the price... my kids use them and they love them especially the gyro
Old 09-12-2019, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A bent chassis is due to people running their RCs hard

It's all gonna depend on how you drive

As a person who owns both Traxxas and Arrma, I would never hesitate to get an Arrma for an off-road basher

Traxxas is better for on-road only because Arrma hasn't really gone in that direction yet
Old 09-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Tech Initiate

I'd go with ARRMA, they seem to have a better reputation and I know of more people buying them. Bent stuff is because a lot of people like to launch them 30 feet in the air and goofy stuff like that, you won't get bends under normal usage and other brands would probably be damaged too. I did hear about the new controllers, so I'd look for one of the models that hasn't been "updated" yet to use it.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I love my kraton v4, yes the controller is not the best but I've beat the piss out of it and it keeps asking for more. I would not hesitate to go with arrma.