Originally Posted by Teknewbee View Post
Woo Hoooooo.. 2 days!!!!
Today is 2sDay. Get it?
Teknewbee likes this.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
A bunch of posts about Tekno in the Losi thread and I'm the moron, gotta love it.
Both can be true.
dcerven94 and Biz73 like this.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Last edited by zipperfoot; 02-11-2020 at 04:31 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Last edited by zipperfoot; 02-11-2020 at 04:31 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
OK, so the only thing I got out of that teaser video is that it looks like the 22-4 is being discontinued on the 12th... What else you got?
The x means that is the new name of the 4wd. the bone means no more belt drive.
bonzo915 and Teknewbee like this.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

may I suggest you continue your extended break and recalibrate your expectations.
Why? Watching grown men humiliate themselves publicly by acting like spoiled, entitled little children over the release of a toy car has met my expectations completely. It really has been fantastic.

That said I think the car is going to be really good. Why? Because it will be very similar to every other good car already on the market. Looking forward to the release.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maxx90 View Post
The x means that is the new name of the 4wd. the bone means no more belt drive.
Haha, I didnít even notice that it was a bone tossed onto the table! Thatís what I get for watching it outside in bright sunlight while taking my mid-day walk, lol. So I watched it again, and as it looks like a dog bone, I HOPE that the cvd shaft outdrives are at least optional parts? Of course, itís possible that a regular dog bone was just used for cinematic effect?

This is the day I have been waiting for. Looking forward to some details. The exterior matches the looks and layout of several current buggies, but I am really interested to see what's on the inside. Metal gears, composite, slipper, etc.

Generally, how soon do parts hit the shelves after a new model is released?
That would be hard to tell, but I would imagine that the typical molded parts, such as the chassis extremities, would be available first-hand, not to mention any parts that happen to be common to other kits (if there are any EDIT: We already know the G3 3.5 shock bodies are, although shaft lengths may vary)... I just hope that itís not a situation Iím currently facing with the new Serpent X20 TC - literally none of the critical parts needed to tune the chassis stiffness are available yet, nearly a month after the kitís release. Figures, as all of these parts are Standoffs and braces, all of which need to be machined. I guess the mills were busy making the parts needed for the kit itself.

Chaz955i likes this.

Last edited by TurnNBurn; 12-11-2019 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:56 AM
Erc
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

137 more posts needed to hit 1000 before tomorrow. Can it be done?

Originally Posted by mrrc View Post
Now, Lets see if we can get this thread to 1000 posts before the car is even released!!
​​​​​​​
bonzo915 likes this.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:36 AM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Teknewbee likes this.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by alb View Post
Thatís not in the spirit of achieving the goal...
Old 12-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I wasn't joking per-se in my last post. Since this is going to be my first racer in almost 10 years and I have 6 basically NIB Checkpoint motors and a couple speed controls that I'd like to use in this when I first get it. Anyone have any experience running brushed in the new crop of cars and how the gearing compares? I know its kind of backwards getting the newest buggy and slapping an almost vintage drive train, but the checkpoint motors are fantastic and it be a shame not to see them used.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wasn't joking per-se in my last post. Since this is going to be my first racer in almost 10 years and I have 6 basically NIB Checkpoint motors and a couple speed controls that I'd like to use in this when I first get it. Anyone have any experience running brushed in the new crop of cars and how the gearing compares? I know its kind of backwards getting the newest buggy and slapping an almost vintage drive train, but the checkpoint motors are fantastic and it be a shame not to see them used.
Dont even bother....
Ebay that stuff.The current crop of Electrics for R/c
can not even compare.Ditch it and start Fresh..
Trust Me I'm a Doctor..lol
Old 12-11-2019, 02:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I wasn't joking per-se in my last post. Since this is going to be my first racer in almost 10 years and I have 6 basically NIB Checkpoint motors and a couple speed controls that I'd like to use in this when I first get it.
it'll run fine with brushed motors, you'll just need to gear appropriately. Should be easy as internal ratios haven't changed much since brushed motors were common.

That said, Bmainstar is right. You could probably get pretty good $$'s for those Checkpoint motors (make sure to call them "Vintage" ) to pay for a decent brushless setup, which delivers great power and all but eliminates the need for any motor maintenance.

If you sell off, maybe keep one of the brushed motors for nostalgia..
Old 12-11-2019, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
it'll run fine with brushed motors, you'll just need to gear appropriately. Should be easy as internal ratios haven't changed much since brushed motors were common.

That said, Bmainstar is right. You could probably get pretty good $$'s for those Checkpoint motors (make sure to call them "Vintage" ) to pay for a decent brushless setup, which delivers great power and all but eliminates the need for any motor maintenance.

If you sell off, maybe keep one of the brushed motors for nostalgia..
Heck, then I pretty much have a brushed motor museum going on... I know that I have at least 2 CAM Modifieds, a couple of East Coast Modifieds, a Reedy Stock motor, and a couple of Team Pit Stop Modifieds (I ran under partial sponsorship with Steve for about a year - the winds were sourced to his specs from Twister, IIRC). One of those ECM motors is still in the package! All of them stored in a Danís RC Stuff Motor Home Garage, each one their own Motor Home (except for the one still NIP of course)... Best motor storage solution ever!

Oops - Sorry for going OT, but I couldnít resist.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thanks guys, thats what I figured Ill probably hold on to one for old time sake and ditch the rest. Check The Classifieds! I still have one of the trinity motor armatures with the flat wire just cause I thought the engineering was interesting and it was probably one of the most expensive motors I ever bought.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.