New TLR 1/10 4WD buggy? >

New TLR 1/10 4WD buggy?

Like Tree45Likes

New TLR 1/10 4WD buggy?

Old 09-11-2019, 02:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post
Wowwww - looks like Horizon is putting the ďLĒ back into TLR. Gil Losi Jr. has returned to TLR in an advisory role for the development team. I wonder if this mysterious car is the first product of that relationship?
New wheeler will be called the XXXX-4. You heard it here first!
Gayosaka and Sir 51D3WAYS like this.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Losi brought JR back to help explain why it's still belt drive. At this point if it was shaft drive there would be very little difference it and others. Just my opinion cause I like belts.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:36 PM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Any spy shots from Hudy Arena????
zipperfoot likes this.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:13 PM
mes
Tech Master

Originally Posted by alb View Post
Too early. They will start with the 2WD event and only move to 4WD on Thursday, 19 September.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes View Post
Too early. They will start with the 2WD event and only move to 4WD on Thursday, 19 September.

how nice is that..... 4wd starts on Thursday, the day of the week TLR always announces new cars......
Old 09-14-2019, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Old 09-14-2019, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Got to see the new car racing today at a local SoCal track. Have to say it looked VERY good on high traction clay.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sugs View Post
Got to see the new car racing today at a local SoCal track. Have to say it looked VERY good on high traction clay.
Any pics or video? Any details at all? Carbon towers? Any metal parts? Could you hear gear diffs? New body design? Anything???
Old 09-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by alb View Post
Seems Losi leak security is tighter than Apple...
Old 09-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
Any pics or video? Any details at all? Carbon towers? Any metal parts? Could you hear gear diffs? New body design? Anything???
Haha like a kid on Christmas Eve that canít wait for Christmas morning
Old 09-14-2019, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xenon55 View Post

Haha like a kid on Christmas Eve that can’t wait for Christmas morning
My reasoning has to do more with getting a good deal. I can pick up a 22-4 2.0 for a very good price right now and It is still a great buggy.

I am sure by the time the new buggy drops the deals on the old buggies will be long gone. Just wondering if it's worth waiting...

I am no longer racing competitively or feel the need to have the latest and the greatest, but I do enjoy driving a nice buggy on an indoor track, and having a good time while still driving clean. Even if it's just for fun and entertainment...

You never know I may one day feel the desire to race again. So I try to keep one foot in the game.
Tbuggy likes this.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:17 PM
mes
Tech Master

If you are not on a budget, one of the newer designs will be a better choice. While the TLR is a great dirt car, it is not very nice to wrench on. If you are a Losi guy, I'd say wait for the new one, or if you are in a hurry and unbiased to any manufacturer, look for a used XB4 '18 or similar. I am not an Xray fan by any means, but it is a very solid piece of kit and the two year old version should be available at a decent price.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:30 AM
Tech Initiate

My reasoning has to do more with getting a good deal. I can pick up a 22-4 2.0 for a very good price right now and It is still a great buggy.

I am sure by the time the new buggy drops the deals on the old buggies will be long gone. Just wondering if it's worth waiting...

I am no longer racing competitively or feel the need to have the latest and the greatest, but I do enjoy driving a nice buggy on an indoor track, and having a good time while still driving clean. Even if it's just for fun and entertainment...

You never know I may one day feel the desire to race again. So I try to keep one foot in the game.
Please donít take what I wrote the wrong way. I was just having a little fun.

As Iíve mentioned elsewhere on the forum, Iíve been out of the hobby for over a decade and have been buying current kits for multiple reasons. Mainly because I wonít be able to get parts for what I still have and I like to build kits. I have a BJ4 WE that if I broke a front shock tower, I wouldnít be able to replace from what I can tell. I donít see any listed on JConcepts site any longer, but I also didnít look too hard online either. I didnít look at used, because I like to build. I also like to see the engineering behind the kit and how it goes together/comes apart when I need to work on it.

Iím also in it for fun. I want to race, but for now I just plan on practicing with my kits and taking my nearly 5 year old with me so we can use his Slash on the track.

I ended up getting a B74 because I didnít want to wait. Itís a nice kit so far (still building it), but the fit and finish seems a little behind my 22 5.0 AC. Iíll explain what I mean if anyone would like me to. I do like some of the things they have done on the engineering side though which seems really smart to me, but may be common place now because I donít have anything current to compare it to.
zipperfoot likes this.

Last edited by xenon55; 09-15-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:32 AM
mes
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xenon55 View Post

Please don’t take what I wrote the wrong way. I was just having a little fun.

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere on the forum, I’ve been out of the hobby for over a decade and have been buying current kits for multiple reasons. Mainly because I won’t be able to get parts for what I still have and I like to build kits. I have a BJ4 WE that if I broke a front shock tower, I wouldn’t be able to replace from what I can tell. I don’t see any listed on JConcepts site any longer, but I also didn’t look too hard online either. I didn’t look at used, because I like to build. I also like to see the engineering behind the kit and how it goes together/comes apart when I need to work on it.

I’m also in it for fun. I want to race, but for now I just plan on practicing with my kits and taking my nearly 5 year old with me so we can use his Slash on the track.

I ended up getting a B74 because I didn’t want to wait. It’s a nice kit so far (still building it), but the fit and finish seems a little behind my 22 5.0 AC. I’ll explain what I mean if anyone would like me to. I do like some of the things they have done on the engineering side though which seem really smart to me, but may be common place now because I don’t have anything current to compare it to.
From the engineering side, the B74 and YZ-4SF IMHO are currently the most advanced kits, but the HB and Xray deliver the same performance. I do hope that the new TLR will have diff height adjustment features, other than that I'd probably go either for a (hopefully to be released soon) new version of the current Yokomo or HB rides. Maybe we'll know more by he end of next week.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry, no details as I wasn't really paying close attention until I realized that it might be the new car, as I could tell it wasn't the old belt drive car and definitely shaft drive. After that I was only watching how well it handled against the B74 it was closely racing, both factory guys who know how to drive hard. I have to say in that race the new TLR seemed to be slightly more athletic and composed when driven aggressively, and after a handful of laps started to slowly pull away from the B74. Keep in mind I only saw one race, but it was the last race of the day so plenty of time for both guys to have their car tuned to the track. When I went over after the race to ask about it, they quickly covered it up and didn't answer my question if it was the new car(of course).

I'm now very curious to how well it does at the worlds.
zipperfoot likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service