Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Why are racers dropping the EB410? >

Why are racers dropping the EB410?

Like Tree14Likes

Why are racers dropping the EB410?

Old 09-01-2019, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

that's what i figured. thanks for coming clean on the shill...
billdelong likes this.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I sold my eb410 and got the Yokomo . The eb410 was not good match to my driving style. I am much happier with the Yokomo.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just dropped my B64 for EB410. Couldn't be happier. I like how the Tekno's (ET and EB) rotate off throttle. Just compliments my driving style. I could never get the setup right on the B64 and running almost the box stock setup on the EB on the same tires is a night/day difference. Again, i'm not great at tuning but box stock vs. box stock i'm just faster in the EB. I also like being able to drive the ET and EB back to back and they both drive very similar and rotate/turn in a very similar fashion so i'm able to be more consistent driving both platforms. Haven't had reliability issues with either the EB410 or the B64. Both have been stout.
lowspark likes this.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xr70 View Post
I sold my eb410 and got the Yokomo . The eb410 was not good match to my driving style. I am much happier with the Yokomo.
how many a arms do you carry in your pit bag? 😆
Old 09-10-2019, 07:32 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCSteveH View Post

how many a arms do you carry in your pit bag? 😆
probably same amount as one would of Tekno diff cases
aspiringracer likes this.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

The problem in my opinion with the EB 410 is the car comes with all V1 parts and there are several V2 parts now that make a big difference in the car. I had a EB410 and spent a lot of money to buy the newer more durable parts. If I had known that I would have never bought the car. I really enjoyed the way it drove but several of the V1 parts broke and it really is necessary to just put the v2 stuff on in the first place. The V2 parts had been out for months to a year when i got my kit not sure why they did not do a running change like a lot of other companies. Maybe they are now but if they are not I would not recommend one.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing View Post
The problem in my opinion with the EB 410 is the car comes with all V1 parts and there are several V2 parts now that make a big difference in the car. I had a EB410 and spent a lot of money to buy the newer more durable parts. If I had known that I would have never bought the car. I really enjoyed the way it drove but several of the V1 parts broke and it really is necessary to just put the v2 stuff on in the first place. The V2 parts had been out for months to a year when i got my kit not sure why they did not do a running change like a lot of other companies. Maybe they are now but if they are not I would not recommend one.
To add more on this issue, they also chose to do running updates to the ET410 and did not include many of these updates to the EB410 which also adds to the frustration. I know I gave some bad advice after the ET410 was released thinking that those same updates were applied to the buggy and felt really bad when I learned those running updates weren't there... i.e. shock cartridge update and interlocking A Block to Chassis were the 3 running updates that I recall off the top of my head.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by waitwhat View Post
Many people frequently change equipment (chassis, motor, radio, ect) because they think the next new whatever will make them instantly better. That mentality rarely yields faster lap times as they've yet to realize the common factor is their lack of ability. Choosing quality gear and sticking with it for a whole season will often yield the best results. Instead of constantly changing components and chasing the latest pro setup, most people should work on understanding that the handling problems they have is because they are over driving their car. If you learn to drive within the limits of your car, you will be able to see if an adjustment (or new whatever) actually moved the limit. If you can't drive the old whatever at the limit, the new whatever won't be any faster because you still can't drive at the limit.

​​​​​
well said