• 1 Post By Sportmod68
  • 3 Post By trf211
  • 1 Post By RC*PHREAK

Hobbywing xr10 stock pro

Old 07-08-2019, 05:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hobbywing xr10 stock pro

having a issue with programming my esc to radio without lag. The car seems to have no speed, starts slow and then speeds up but not much. Iíve tried to reverse throttle, recalibrate it etc. brand new batteries, esc, and revtech 17.5 motor and has sensor wire. Radio is a sanwa m17. Motor will cog eveyonce in while and donít want to burn it up. Any ideas?
Old 07-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 246 (100%+)

First try different sensor wire and then different motor and see if anything helps. If motor change clears the problem, then the sensor board in the motor is bad.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Or put motor on a motor analyzer. That will tell you if the motor sensor board is bad.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Same problem

Hi I have the same issue with mine. Can't seem to figure it out. I've changed the sensor wire twice, checked the motor and everything checks out ok except when it gets on the track. Any other ideas what it could be anyone?

Thanks
Old 07-08-2019, 09:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What radio system are you using? If by chance you are using Sanwa, try rebinding in NOR mode for the TH Channel. Of course when you rebind make sure your throttle end points are 100/100
Old 07-09-2019, 03:08 AM
Tech Addict

I just purchased the XR10 Pro Stock ESC. I also have the Hobbywing LCD Program Box (firmware/software 3.2.22).
I thought the two items would work together with no problems. They don't. (the v3.1 ESC works with the Program Box straight out of the box)
I have to download some program on a computer; then install the info on the LCD Program Box from the Hobbywing website.....(?)

Does the LCD Program Box and/or the ESC have to get upgraded software installed?
My daughter likes computers in school. I'll have her help me with it.

Thank you
Old 07-09-2019, 04:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood View Post
I just purchased the XR10 Pro Stock ESC. I also have the Hobbywing LCD Program Box (firmware/software 3.2.22).
I thought the two items would work together with no problems. They don't. (the v3.1 ESC works with the Program Box straight out of the box)
I have to download some program on a computer; then install the info on the LCD Program Box from the Hobbywing website.....(?)

Does the LCD Program Box and/or the ESC have to get upgraded software installed?

Thank you
I got the HW XR10 Stock Pro too and the LCD program box. You don't need to use a computer to make adjustments to the ESC if you don't want to, you can plug the program box into the fan connector at the ESC and use the buttons on the program box to navigate through the options. I only connect it to the computer to update the firmware on the ESC with the HW software, which is not required.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Found the issue tonight I Believe. I tried another sensor wire 3rd one Iíve tried, between the motor and esc and itís got tons of power and torque now. Tires balloon while testing it on the bench. Night and day over what it was. Will try it at the track tomorrow and see how it goes. Just crazy it took 3 motor sensor wires to figure out the issue.
Teeyo likes this.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sportmod68 View Post
Found the issue tonight I Believe. I tried another sensor wire 3rd one Iíve tried, between the motor and esc and itís got tons of power and torque now. Tires balloon while testing it on the bench. Night and day over what it was. Will try it at the track tomorrow and see how it goes. Just crazy it took 3 motor sensor wires to figure out the issue.
This may sound strange but I've found the ports for the sensor wires on Hobbywing stuff can be deep. A wire can look and feel plugged in and not be fully connected. It's a good habit to double check with a tool and press each side of the plug to seat it fully.
idlecurrent, belewis01 and MadKatt like this.

Last edited by trf211; 07-16-2019 at 02:20 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 246 (100%+)

Thank you
First program box I purchased had to be updated before it would work for me. Must'a been sitting on the shelf a lonnnnng time.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the help m3rcfh and Andy Koback

I called Hobbywing. A representative told me I should use the Wi-Fi Express to download software on the ESC.

More money.
Getting a New Updated Progam Box would be a bit Cheaper and less work.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Thanks for the help m3rcfh and Andy Koback

I called Hobbywing. A representative told me I should use the Wi-Fi Express to download software on the ESC.

More money.
Getting a New Updated Progam Box would be a bit Cheaper and less work.
more money, but well worth it. the wifi module is the only way to fly.
0010 likes this.