Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Serpent SRX-2 Gen-3 leaked? >

Serpent SRX-2 Gen-3 leaked?

Like Tree18Likes

Serpent SRX-2 Gen-3 leaked?

Old 08-24-2019, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by savage24x View Post
Rumor is Billy is testing it at the nat's this weekend...
He’s been running somewhat mid pack from viewing the qualifiers that LiveRC has posted on video, and either broke or otherwise pulled off in the second round. Even Billy will admit that his driving skills have diminished quite a bit from his peak back in the day. It would be nice to see what a top level driver today could do with the car. It certainly looks like it has potential, and judging from all the adjustability available on the car from day 1 (whenever THAT will be), it certainly looks like it will have potential. It’s just a shame that their driver stable is so small compared to other teams. I can count the number of Serpent drivers that I’m aware of in all classes on one hand. 😔

On the other hand the “so good you have to at least test drive it” reputation that the current SRX-2 got has certainly got me anticipating this one. Heck, I might have already bought the current SRX-2 if I hadn’t heard that this one is coming, hence my impatient anticipation.

Last edited by TurnNBurn; 08-24-2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-26-2019, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post

He’s been running somewhat mid pack from viewing the qualifiers that LiveRC has posted on video, and either broke or otherwise pulled off in the second round. Even Billy will admit that his driving skills have diminished quite a bit from his peak back in the day. It would be nice to see what a top level driver today could do with the car. It certainly looks like it has potential, and judging from all the adjustability available on the car from day 1 (whenever THAT will be), it certainly looks like it will have potential. It’s just a shame that their driver stable is so small compared to other teams. I can count the number of Serpent drivers that I’m aware of in all classes on one hand. 😔

On the other hand the “so good you have to at least test drive it” reputation that the current SRX-2 got has certainly got me anticipating this one. Heck, I might have already bought the current SRX-2 if I hadn’t heard that this one is coming, hence my impatient anticipation.
Definitely wait for the new one. Shouldn’t be waiting too much longer.
kiwi_tim likes this.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:47 AM
Tech Regular

Pics are HERE!!!!!!! Stolen from serpentuk’s facebook page. No other sources yet. They usually break news a few hours early.

Last edited by savage24x; 08-27-2019 at 03:58 AM.
Old 08-27-2019, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by savage24x View Post
Pics are HERE!!!!!!! Stolen from serpentuk’s facebook page. No other sources yet. They usually break news a few hours early.
You’re not helping with my anticipation, lol. Serpent’s last few product announcements have all been on Fridays, so I’m eagerly waiting for the end of the week!
Old 08-27-2019, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Looks like Velcro will be the way to go with these bodies.
Old 08-27-2019, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

umm.....

Serpent SRX2 gen3
savage24x and BHutch like this.
Old 08-27-2019, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
Was great while it lasted... took it back off the site
Old 08-27-2019, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I think they must be updating the site, as the Taipan electric 1:8 car is not listed on there either.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
I think they must be updating the site, as the Taipan electric 1:8 car is not listed on there either.
Well, the 989 just popped up on the main home page (on the Mobile version anyway)... The site is really, really slow -Could we be getting TWO new product reveals on the site today? Or is the site just getting slammed with people trying to check the deets on the 989?

EDIT: Site is more responsive now - and no new SRX-2 yet. 😔 Well, as I stated above, it should be “soon” - I figured the 989 would show up first due to its proximity to the Worlds. I know that the Off-Road Worlds is on the calendar first, but Serpent’s money class is definitely 1/8th On-Road.

Last edited by TurnNBurn; 08-27-2019 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn View Post

Well, the 989 just popped up on the main home page (on the Mobile version anyway)... The site is really, really slow -Could we be getting TWO new product reveals on the site today? Or is the site just getting slammed with people trying to check the deets on the 989?

EDIT: Site is more responsive now - and no new SRX-2 yet. 😔 Well, as I stated above, it should be “soon” - I figured the 989 would show up first due to its proximity to the Worlds. I know that the Off-Road Worlds is on the calendar first, but Serpent’s money class is definitely 1/8th On-Road.
Happy Friday
Old 08-30-2019, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

I say we'll see a World's edition 750 next, then the SRX gen-3
Old 09-01-2019, 02:22 AM
Tech Addict

Under the hood of the Gen3. One of the prototypes

savage24x likes this.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
Under the hood of the Gen3. One of the prototypes

https://www.facebook.com/TeamORCAnew...60696517379574

Looks like Tony Evdoka's car. I know he's running the prototype and uses ORCA electronics.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Wow, the electronics are pretty cozy up front, even with the Lo-Pro servo... BUT, it does manage to get everything pretty much along the centerline of the chassis. 👍🏼

EDIT: From that angle, however, I do have to say that the front turnbuckles are WAAAY out there. It would kind of make me concerned about their fate in the event of a significant front collision. No wonder they are extra thick.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Anyone think that they will wait for the Worlds to formally announce the buggy? I THINK Billy squeaked in to qualify (based on the number of ROAR slots available), so it wouldn’t surprise me if they did.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service