Search

Losi XX CR Parts Availablility

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Losi XX CR Parts Availablility

Hello,

I have been out of off road for years now. I have a couple of XX CR cars here that I want to run at a local dirt track that's opened. Does anyone have any idea on the parts availablility and how long they think things may continue to be available? My biggest problem is I can't get Losi locally in the area, I have to mail order. I still have spares (arms, towers, etc), a couple milk crates of tires, but nothing for rebuilding diffs and shocks etc.

I am just starting to research the part numbers, but thought I could cheat as I am sure I am not the only one with some old cars kicking around. The one car will be for my g/f to run (lucky me she enjoys it ) She's learning still, but getting better with each day running her TC3. I can't remember breaking much on off road, but it's been years....

Any help, advice or info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Look at losipartshouse.com for your parts. They have the old xx-cr parts.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

4wd store and forums
Old 03-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the help with that. The one thing I am not sure on is what I have for spur gears, or atleast that I can find. I am going to look into seeing if I can retrofit the updated slipper assembly from the BK2 onto my car. I am sure I have another plate and a gear from my XX4 to try it out.

I did see that the B4 now uses the same rear axle as the losi, and you can retrofit the losi front onto that car, so that could be an option. I can easily get parts for that and should be able to use all my tires instead of buying new ones and mounting them.

Are the newer cars that much better or is it the same old, any car in the right hands can win?

Thanks
Old 03-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

i still think the old xxcr and xxtcr are some of the best ever made
Old 03-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Shocks are the same as the bk2. Diff parts, not including the gears, are the same as Gen.1 XXXT.

I have same pics of my XX's on my www.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default PARTS

You can get a lot of parts from stormer hobbies. the shocks are different in length at the rear.
The xx cr is very good more so in the rough and well balanced, the xxx holds a little more corner speed though. but not as tough as the cr. IF YOU CONVERT TO THE DOUBLE SLIPPER all the spur gears are the same. Try Sheldons in old stock if you want body shells..
Old 03-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Tech Addict

Duratrax evader parts. I think Duratrax bought the molds from Losi when they discontinued the XX line. I've still got a XXCR Kinwald edition... I compared it to a fellow racer's Evader buggy and all the parts were identical. Now we didn't try to fit any of the Evader parts on the XXCR, but it surely looked like the same car. You might go to your LHS and see if you can test fit a few parts to make sure.

Hope this helps,

Tony
Old 03-05-2006, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Most of the parts are still available from Losi, so you can get them from Horizon directly if you need. As stated before if you convert to the dual slipper all the XXX gears will fit. Also the first gen XXX tranny and the XX tranny use the same internals.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Hello,

I want to thank all of you for your help, that is some very useful information. I would hate to go out and buy new cars when I can still get parts, albeit mailorder.

Thanks again