Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Best 4wd Buggy for dry/loose/dusty outdoor? >

Best 4wd Buggy for dry/loose/dusty outdoor?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best 4wd Buggy for dry/loose/dusty outdoor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Best 4wd Buggy for dry/loose/dusty outdoor?

Tried outdoor for the first time in years yesterday with my stadium truck. Our local track is extremely low traction. Looking to go to 4wd to add some excitement. What is a good chassis for low grip, dusty, dry conditions?
Old 05-30-2019, 06:52 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CNEPACE
Tried outdoor for the first time in years yesterday with my stadium truck. Our local track is extremely low traction. Looking to go to 4wd to add some excitement. What is a good chassis for low grip, dusty, dry conditions?
Every current 4WD with a center diff should be good for such conditions. If ordering online is no issue or your LHS has HB Racing stuff, I'd consider the D418. Other than that, check our the B74 and Xray XB4, which don't include a center diff in the kit.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mes
Every current 4WD with a center diff should be good for such conditions. If ordering online is no issue or your LHS has HB Racing stuff, I'd consider the D418. Other than that, check our the B74 and Xray XB4, which don't include a center diff in the kit.
That is something I would have completely overlooked! I would love a B74 but it seems it is aimed toward high grip plus not sure if they are offering a center diff and what the additional cost would be.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:37 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CNEPACE
That is something I would have completely overlooked! I would love a B74 but it seems it is aimed toward high grip plus not sure if they are offering a center diff and what the additional cost would be.
#92144 is available for around 50 bucks. All current 4WDs can be tuned for a variety of track conditions with just a few parts, in fact the "carpet" XB4 did very well on Xray's slippery home track at the IFMAR worlds warm-up race last weekend. Attendance was very low, however. If you want to see some textbook racing on a slippery track, check out the videos of last year's Euros in France, where David Ronnefalk obliterated the competition with his D418.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Almost every 4wd buggy now comes stock with a slipper with the exception of the Tekno. So pick the one that has easiest parts availability. Personally I think the b74 looks really promising but thats my 02
Old 05-30-2019, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

I have the old B44. the SCTE and am thinking about 4x4 bug racing loose dirt thinking tekno for brute force.. and Losi for serious racing.. depends who you race against, you bash go traxxas . JMO buy what you have fun with
Old 05-30-2019, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

the tekno EB410 would be a great call on "dusty" tracks. Tekno's 1/8 roots make for good handling "dirt" cars. Or you could go outside the box and go with the ET410 (or the upcomming Xray 4wd truck release) and run a 4wd stadium truck.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Ray Munday's setups with the B64 he will be testing a b74 this weekend. So you will know if it can run on loose surfaces this weekend, he always get's them up to speed. sometimes they require a few parts to make work better. He is a factory driver here in Australia with those conditions and always puts out lots of information. Check his thread out or more recently "Ask Ray Munday" on facebook
Old 06-02-2019, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Find your self a 22-4 1.0 . A belted car with universal's all the way around and a little thing called a clicker will do very well on a lose outdoor track. Dont let anyone else tell you otherwise.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a b64d. And it is awesome. It's not belt driven, I like the direct drive ar3 better, I personally think. It gets great traction on loose gravel or dirt. I live in az so not much grass or compacted clay.
I heard the b44 and the tlr 22.4 or 22-4 are also 4wd. And are pretty solid. I havent owed a hb or team Durango so I cant say how they work .