Wiki Posts
Search

Making a +70mph basher - Arrma Talion

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default Making a +70mph basher - Arrma Talion

Hi guys,

I've got an Arrma Talion but I don't want to keep changing pinions just to go fast. I would like to upgrade the electronics so as to allow +70mph on-road without having to change the pinion to use off-road/grass etc. Then maybe +80mph on-road with a pinion change. I'd like to keep the costs as low as possible.

I've got a Turnigy Graphene 6s 75c lipo.

For the ESC, I was thinking one of the following.Anything more powerful such as a Max 5 and XLX will be physically too big and too expensive:

Hobbywing Max 6 <---- Leaning towards this
Redcat Hexfly 6 (same as Max 6?)
ZTW 1/8 Beast Pro 220A
ZTW 1/5 Beast Pro SL 200A (too big)

I'm also thinking about buying this SAGA 50v 4100 Cap Pack, it's probably overkill but better safe than sorry

For the motor, I'm not really too sure. I was thinking one of the following. There isn't much clearance between the chassis and the stock motor, so I'd need an aftermarket motor mount if I wanted something bigger. Therefore I'd like to stick with the same 42mm diameter as the stock motor. I also have a two-part Yeah Racing full heatsink which further reduces the clearance to the chassis:

HobbyStar 4092 1730kv
X-Team XTI-4082 2200kv
Leopard 4092 1730kv
SSS 4092 2140kv <---- Leaning towards this
TP Power TP4060 5D 1950kv (too expensive)
Poseidon P1521-C15 1800kv (too expensive)

If I wanted a bigger (thicker) motor, would this Hot Racing Motor Mount offer any more chassis clearance?

Sorry for such a long post! If anyone has any experience with the options I've listed, I'd be very eager to hear opinions!
Old 05-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Location: northern Indiana southern Michigan all depends on the day.

cant help with the esc,
i think the saga cap pack would be a waste but what do i know... not much.
you know what motor kva and size was in the truck? only ask because i'd lean to the leopard. higher winding count slows motor heating less current in rush. during acc under same load. also makes lower kv motor.

edit:
ok i looked it up
the stock motor is 2050 4072ish motor

of the listed motors
the 2140 and the 1700 that will throw your pinion selection off.
the 2140 should run closer to the same temps as the current motor in your application.
the 1700 should run colder

this is based only off amp inrush on accelerating only.

a 2080kv Leopard 4092 will run closer to you expatiations on better motor temp, with out expanding on your pinion line up

Last edited by killer rock; 05-12-2019 at 07:30 PM.