Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Looking for a durable Basher

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 05:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile Looking for a durable Basher

Hey everyone. Ive been looking around the past few days to get an addition to my rather small and weird collection. Sadly I didnt really find anything fitting to what I was looking for.
Im looking for a 1/10-1/8 scale MT-ish rc. It will be something that I plan on using for about 95% bashing. I mean very hard bashing on skateparks and a friends dirt track with very high jumps.

So my main concerns in order are:
Durability
1/10-1/8 Scale (preferably 1/8 because durability)
Electric
Parts Availability in EU/UK
Preferably a Monster Truck (I would also be happy with a Truggy.)
If possible under 600$
If possible with 17 hex nuts because I have a bunch of spare wheels and tires.

Now there are some things I would like to add. It does NOT matter to me if the car is a Kit, RTR, ARR, Roller or Slider since I have a bunch of electronics. I have looked over quite a few trucks already and one that stood out to me was the Traxxas Stampede all though I did hear good and bad things about it. I did also look at a Basher Sabertooth all though the parts availability seems pretty bad for me. Im happy about any advice for any model and brand.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-r...kr5603/p575518
Old 05-03-2019, 08:09 AM
Tech Rookie

I did take a look at the Tekno MT410 before but the biggest problem with it would be the parts availability for me. The only and quickest way for me to get some spares would be to order them from america which would take weeks to get to me. While I could just stockpile a few more common things that break it would still be pretty expensive because of the shipping price to the point where I would pay more for the shipping than the actual parts. But thank you very much for the quick answer!
Old 05-03-2019, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Arrma 4x4 4S Kraton/Outcast should fit your needs. Just got released a week ago. Or if you want 2S-3S, the Granite 4x4 BLX is an excellent choice and probably a little more durable.
Rupsel likes this.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:54 AM
Tech Rookie

The Granite 4x4 BLX seems like a really good and cheap option since like I said I have my own electronics I plan on putting in it. That would save me a lot of money over the Kraton/Outcast. And you said it would be more durable? Like I said before the thing I care about the most is the durability and parts availability so I can really bash it without worrying too much about it. Thats one of the problems of my two main trucks I drive so far which is the JLB Cheetah and Xmaxx. The Cheetah is great for bashing since the parts are super cheap but they take about a month or more to get to me. The Xmaxx is pretty much the opposite. I can get the parts pretty much around the corner but they arent that cheap at my local shop.

So long story short I guess I will update what im looking for here. Something thats durable or cheap and easy to repair.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Just looked through your Youtube channel and first of all great videos!
Now I saw that you have both a Granite and a Customized Stampede (All though I would get the 4x4) with a LCG Chassis which I thought about getting. So far im kind of torn between these two since both seem to be around the same price for me and have a bunch of cheap parts that I can easily get. From your experience which would you recommend more for pure bashing over hills about the same size as yours and on skateparks? Which of them can take more abuse from your experience? And depending on which one you recommend me are there any upgrades I should get? (Electronics exlcuded). Im planning on running it on 3-4s most likely with a 2500kv motor.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rupsel
Just looked through your Youtube channel and first of all great videos!
Now I saw that you have both a Granite and a Customized Stampede (All though I would get the 4x4) with a LCG Chassis which I thought about getting. So far im kind of torn between these two since both seem to be around the same price for me and have a bunch of cheap parts that I can easily get. From your experience which would you recommend more for pure bashing over hills about the same size as yours and on skateparks? Which of them can take more abuse from your experience? And depending on which one you recommend me are there any upgrades I should get? (Electronics exlcuded). Im planning on running it on 3-4s most likely with a 2500kv motor.
The Granite can take WAY WAY more abuse than the Stampede. No reason to get a Stampede when the Granite is faster, cheaper, handles tons better and more durable. If you want to go 3-4S, then the Granite will have to be upgraded with some of the parts from the Outcast/Kraton 4S 4x4.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Location: northern Indiana southern Michigan all depends on the day.

+1 traxxas doesn't = good basher.

+1 Get an arrma you'll be happier.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Alright thanks a lot im going to get the Granite 4x4
RazorRC likes this.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I second the Granite 4x4 BLX 3s, it's cheaper than the Stampede 4x4 and requires less work to make it durable.
I recommend some sort of aftermarket shocks, the stock shocks do work very well, but they leak a lot.
Rpm a arms.
Fast Eddy bearings.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The Granite 4x4 BLX seems like a really good and cheap option since like I said I have my own electronics I plan on putting in it. That would save me a lot of money over the Kraton/Outcast. And you said it would be more durable? Like I said before the thing I care about the most is the durability and parts availability so I can really bash it without worrying too much about it. Thats one of the problems of my two main trucks I drive so far which is the JLB Cheetah and Xmaxx. The Cheetah is great for bashing since the parts are super cheap but they take about a month or more to get to me. The Xmaxx is pretty much the opposite. I can get the parts pretty much around the corner but they arent that cheap at my local shop.

So long story short I guess I will update what im looking for here. Something thats durable or cheap and easy to repair.
I just purchased the Granite 4x4 BLX and I’m super happy with it

Arrma has my vote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Old 06-05-2019, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

I did take a look at the Tekno MT410 before but the biggest problem with it would be the parts availability for me. The only and quickest way for me to get some spares would be to order them from america which would take weeks to get to me. While I could just stockpile a few more common things that break it would still be pretty expensive because of the shipping price to the point where I would pay more for the shipping than the actual parts. But thank you very much for the quick answer!
Tekno has multiple distributors and dealers in Europe, do they not deliver to wherever you are?
Old 06-05-2019, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Hey everyone. Ive been looking around the past few days to get an addition to my rather small and weird collection. Sadly I didnt really find anything fitting to what I was looking for.
Im looking for a 1/10-1/8 scale MT-ish rc. It will be something that I plan on using for about 95% bashing. I mean very hard bashing on skateparks and a friends dirt track with very high jumps.

So my main concerns in order are:
Durability
1/10-1/8 Scale (preferably 1/8 because durability)
Electric
Parts Availability in EU/UK
Preferably a Monster Truck (I would also be happy with a Truggy.)
If possible under 600$
If possible with 17 hex nuts because I have a bunch of spare wheels and tires.

Now there are some things I would like to add. It does NOT matter to me if the car is a Kit, RTR, ARR, Roller or Slider since I have a bunch of electronics. I have looked over quite a few trucks already and one that stood out to me was the Traxxas Stampede all though I did hear good and bad things about it. I did also look at a Basher Sabertooth all though the parts availability seems pretty bad for me. Im happy about any advice for any model and brand.
https://www.eurorc.com/product/24102/hobao-17-hyper-mte-plus-ii---80-roller#ProductReviews
Old 06-10-2019, 09:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Stampede is awesome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.