• 1 Post By Dave_S

Tekno 410 vs Losi SCTE vs Arrma Senton

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 11:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Tekno 410 vs Losi SCTE vs Arrma Senton

Hey!

I’m looking for a basher and I’m TIRED of going out, hitting a few jumps, and snapping something small and dumb and having to quit for the day. Ruins my day. I want something that’s as strong as concrete. And if the truck is as good as that I don’t mind the price. From what I’ve read these seem to be the strongest. Which would you recommend? Or is there something else that far out does these?

-Shnoo
Old 04-26-2019, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I've compared some of the more popular 4WD SCT's here and rated them based on my personal opinion to include the 3 trucks you listed and stack ranked them by rating/price:
Which 1/10 4WD SCT is best?

Note that there are 2 completely different Senton's where the 3S based on 1/10 chassis and 6S based on a 1/8 chassis... the 6S would be comparable to the SCT410 and SCTE, however it lacks many upgrades that used to be included with the race grade version which was the Durango DESC410Rv2 Durango is no longer in business.

Last edited by billdelong; 04-26-2019 at 06:20 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:51 AM
Bri
Tech Regular

For all around best basher, the Tekno SCT410.3 would be the best option. The Senton 6S is good as well but it's a pig and takes more expensive 6S batteries to get near the performance of the Tekno SCT410.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:15 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

The bigger Senton had a race variant, the Durango DESC10. It was one of the more durable vehicles I have had, other than its sliding diff mount which the Senton doesn't.

I would say it would be between the Tekno SCT410 and the Senton if I was making a decision, and I probably lean towards the Tekno a bit depending on price. The nice thing the tekno does offer is a 50% replacement warranty on parts.

The senton I think does use 17mm hexes however which can be more durable.

If you are bashing, finding a used older gent SCT410 can be very nice and cheap.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

One thing to consider with the 3 you have selected is they are all compromises to some point vs. a 1/8 buggy. I have owned all 3 and got rid of them. The tekno and scte are designed for racing and use 2S batteries (when equipped as recommended). This puts a big strain on the battery and usually 10 min of run time is max with 7000mah or more battery. The senton with 6s is on the right path but goes too far. There is so much power it isn't really usable and it weighs a ton.

Enter 1/8 buggy. Lots of options, durable (wings are cheaper to replace than sct bodies), 4s battery with 1800-2400 kv motors designed for the weight of the kit and wheels / tires that will handle more abuse than sct wheels (at least 12mm hex).

Are you set on a short course (body)? If not I say expand your search to 1/8 buggies by tekno, Associated (I currently have 2 RC8B3.1E) or Mugen.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:30 AM
Bri
Tech Regular

If just for bashing, no reason that you couldn't set up the Tekno for 3S.
Cain likes this.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Bri
If just for bashing, no reason that you couldn't set up the Tekno for 3S.
+1

in fact you could install 1/8 buggy electronics in the SCT410 as well, the chassis shares all the same center drive line components with the EB48

4S would go nicely with a 2000KV motor
3S would go nicely with a 3000KV motor
2S would go nicely with a 4000KV motor

simply pick the most convenient option that works for your budget where higher cell count typically costs a little more, but you also increase efficiency with higher cell counts too.
Cain likes this.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for all the replies, no I’m not SET on a SCT, but wanting something that won’t break on me if I launch it through the air or hit one rock and then I’m done for the day, drives me nuts. SCTs seem to be pretty strong, I’ve got an RC8T3.1e and it’s crazy strong, but hurts to bash because of how much money I’ve put into it.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
+1

in fact you could install 1/8 buggy electronics in the SCT410 as well, the chassis shares all the same center drive line components with the EB48

4S would go nicely with a 2000KV motor
3S would go nicely with a 3000KV motor
2S would go nicely with a 4000KV motor

simply pick the most convenient option that works for your budget where higher cell count typically costs a little more, but you also increase efficiency with higher cell counts too.
Actually it has smaller drive shafts and out drives than the eb48. But the drive train will handle 4s...I ran my SL buggy on 4s for a whole season and only damage I had would be an occasional broken front spindles (until they revised them to hold the bearing better), arms and bent hinge pins.
billdelong likes this.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Location: northern Indiana southern Michigan all depends on the day.

the if you sticking with sct I'd go with either the Arrma or the Tekno. I have the losi and she struggles with ride high(need in off track bashing). Although she is a beast as I drive her hard in to things on the track.
I don't have a lot of experience with Arrma. But I do with Tekno the sct platform is really 1/8. Even though it's a 1/10 truck. And all the buggy, truggy, mt, 80-90 % of parts are a direct fit. I believe the diffs are the same right out of the box. I the only thing that comes to mind thats differ is the shock Tower, cvts and .... I'll remember later. Basically Its lighter and so is the drivetrain but still tuff as a rock.

If you just looking to straight bash(no track visits) I'd look at a larger truck. Only because Grass is the great power robber. I'd go with more a monster truck, or truggy. Sadly you'll need 4s+ batteries depending on your power plant selection.
Of course you can always monster-fi your sct or ebuggy with 1/10 scale 2.8" monster truck tires(sct and ebuggy tires have the same outer diameter making 2.8 monster truck tires much larger). This is how ever up to you. And can be done at any time.

I have a monster sct410 and a straight monster truck mt410(really a 1/8 monster truck) and love them both. I do tend to grams the mt410 more as I don't have to go Chase it down when it belly ups(I love those trencher x). I do plan on building a monster-fi-ing a ebuggy. But I'm working on getting the electronic for 4 other trucks and batteries to match so that's a next year project at best.

V1 sct410 tekno with full Electronics Should be an easy fix for a cheap price. As that's what I got for my monster sct and it can be up graded to a sct410.3 if you want. I only did the parts for the bears. I'll probably do something similar when I do a monster ebuggy.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sounds like tekno is king of durability, I’ll probably pick up a 410 or something 1/8 from them soon!
Old 04-28-2019, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For bashing it's a darn shame the sc8 isn't available anymore. Most durable basher I've seen.
Superdenk likes this.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by E-Mann
The tekno and scte are designed for racing and use 2S batteries (when equipped as recommended). This puts a big strain on the battery and usually 10 min of run time is max with 7000mah or more battery.
Ive been getting +/- 20 min run time, mixed terrain including grass, with 5200mah 2s batteries in my sct410.3. Varied "bashing", not full throttle racing..