Like Tree1Likes

New 8th E Buggy

Old 04-15-2019, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New 8th E Buggy

I have been searching for the perfect E Buggy and just can't decide yet. I don't like the layout on one because the battery is in the back, and I don't think that is a good idea, so battery up front. Losi, Xray, and Mugen, are the top contenders. Losi is having some issues, but working hard to fix them, Xray's shocks are not getting rave reviews at all, and Mugen also has some issues. Handling wise all are pretty good. Xray offers two front ends, Losi has that neat engine mount, and Mugen seems to have a lot of fans. This is where I need your help, what do you hear at your track about these cars?
Old 04-15-2019, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by platgof View Post
I have been searching for the perfect E Buggy and just can't decide yet. I don't like the layout on one because the battery is in the back, and I don't think that is a good idea, so battery up front. Losi, Xray, and Mugen, are the top contenders. Losi is having some issues, but working hard to fix them, Xray's shocks are not getting rave reviews at all, and Mugen also has some issues. Handling wise all are pretty good. Xray offers two front ends, Losi has that neat engine mount, and Mugen seems to have a lot of fans. This is where I need your help, what do you hear at your track about these cars?

Just get a HB Racing e817. Ready to race out of the box no upgrades needed.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Location: northern Indiana southern Michigan all depends on the day.

I don't know much about the cars you listed. I do know a guy that has the new buggy from losi. And I'm quoting him he doesn't like that battery straps as you have to almost completely remove them to pull the battery. Your limited to one gear 15t. No other pinion gears will fit,that pinion is provided in the kit. He is buy the durability part upgrades and he does like the turn-ability. He feels those durability parts should have been included. As of this post as far as I'm aware of "he has not decided whether or not he likes the car"
Granted I only know this second had and i have not done any research. Only word of mouth from him with the buggy in his hands.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

E-Buggy = power!
Power = drive-train wear!

Any of those three are good, (Mugen, Xray, Losi). I say get a pin replacement tool, the Xray buggy, and call it good. The xray diffs are bullet proof, it uses 8x16 bearings throughout the drive-train. The shocks are perfect on the Xray, but follow the instructions when building the shocks! Over tightening the shock pistons causes most of the issues you hear about, and the manual even warns you about it. lol. The PBS is a dream to drive, fast in the corners, yet easy to drive. The inside line is your friend with the Xray, no guessing whats its going to do. Also, super adjustable if you know what you are doing. An aluminum servo arm, and a shock spring set is all you need. The hardware is the very pinnacle of quality period. My 2 cents anyways.

Good luck in the quest for the perfect buggy!
Old 04-16-2019, 05:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Team Associated all the way... they just released a new one too.. check em out!
Old 04-16-2019, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Serpent SRX8e, just flat out performs. I've been running for 1.5yrs and no issues at all with the buggy and built like a tank. The shocks are butter smooth and nice seals.
The car is very easy to drive fast with little effort and can be pushed without feeling like its on ragged edge or twitchy.
brokenmoto likes this.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

I have the Associated & TLR E-buggies they are both good buggies but I prefer the new XE over the RC8 fits my driving style perfect. It is also better then the last gen of TLR buggies. As for the durability issues they have updated the week parts and I don't know if they are in the kit yet but they are in stock now. You can't go wrong with any of the buggies you mentioned pick one you like and Send It!
Old 04-16-2019, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Kyosho when the make an mp10e?
Old 04-16-2019, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Kyosho is out because of the battery location. I have a Losi 3.0 and the first thing I did was move the battery forward, not so easy on the Kyosho. Is it true that a 15 pinion is the only one that fits an XE? I am really liking the Xray the most, and parts are not made in China either. I don't know how to fix the shocks without spending a lot of money? What seems to do well at your track? Outdoor loose and hard packed.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Is it true that a 15 pinion is the only one that fits an XE?
No, that is not true.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Kyosho is out because of the battery location. I have a Losi 3.0 and the first thing I did was move the battery forward, not so easy on the Kyosho. Is it true that a 15 pinion is the only one that fits an XE? I am really liking the Xray the most, and parts are not made in China either. I don't know how to fix the shocks without spending a lot of money? What seems to do well at your track? Outdoor loose and hard packed.
Why not a MP9e TKI4 ?
Old 04-17-2019, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Serpent SRX8e..... Flat out works

As for the Xray shocks, I know quite a few running them and have not heard of any issues with the shocks and the cars seem to perform.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

I am comparing new kits and the one you mention has been around a few years.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by TheWorstDriver View Post
E-Buggy = power!
Power = drive-train wear!

Any of those three are good, (Mugen, Xray, Losi). I say get a pin replacement tool, the Xray buggy, and call it good. The xray diffs are bullet proof, it uses 8x16 bearings throughout the drive-train. The shocks are perfect on the Xray, but follow the instructions when building the shocks! Over tightening the shock pistons causes most of the issues you hear about, and the manual even warns you about it. lol. The PBS is a dream to drive, fast in the corners, yet easy to drive. The inside line is your friend with the Xray, no guessing whats its going to do. Also, super adjustable if you know what you are doing. An aluminum servo arm, and a shock spring set is all you need. The hardware is the very pinnacle of quality period. My 2 cents anyways.

Good luck in the quest for the perfect buggy!

And make sure you save money each week to pay for replacement parts that is the main reason why the majority of people do not run Xray. Just 👀 on Amain.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mickey_B View Post

And make sure you save money each week to pay for replacement parts that is the main reason why the majority of people do not run Xray. Just 👀 on Amain.
Don't crash and you won't break.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service