Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
AE RC8.2e RTR vs Losi 8Ight RTR >

AE RC8.2e RTR vs Losi 8Ight RTR

AE RC8.2e RTR vs Losi 8Ight RTR

Old 04-14-2019, 08:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default AE RC8.2e RTR vs Losi 8Ight RTR

I have the option to buy the better rtr version of the ae 8.2e that comes with the brushless motor, upgraded big bore shocks and many of the factory team stuff. Was a rtr kit AE made I think made in 2016. But am also looking at the losi 8ight rtr. All brand name bias aside, which should I go with? Ive read great about both, i've read many saying the losi rtr is better vs the original 8.2e rtr but with the brushless version that comes with many FT parts, im wondering if the AE is the way to go.

Mind you, I will be casually racing, but mostly bashing at the track friends and I have made on private property, just want something that works well. As I break parts I will upgrade said parts.

Also, best budget 4s lipo batteries and charger to go in either?

Last edited by Dabeardedbro; 04-14-2019 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

My son had both and they are both good and pretty tough and they wear about the same in my opinion! I would check and see what the part support is for either one and i like the ae better myself but that just an opinion and i would check ebay for batterys and charger or look on here i have a couple of chargera i am selling.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

its going to come down to parts support. I preferred the 8IGHT RTR

As for budget lipos and chargers.

GENS ACE, SMC and Pro-Match all have very reasonably priced 42 packs. I put it in price order. I love my Pro-Match :-)
As for the charger, take into account that the budget chargers will take a while to charge a 4s pack. Most if not all do not go past 7 amps. It took me more than an hour to charge my 6500mah pack. This won't cut it at the track so I eventually ponied up for the Protek 625 DUO. Best $250 I spent. Charges my packs in under 1/2 hour :-). Just something to think about.