Losi front end slop

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mtbwrench

Losi front end slop

Old 04-02-2019, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Losi front end slop

can anyone toss me a bone on how to fix or get rid of some of the front end slop on a losi 22sct 3.0? The tires flop back and forth pretty substantially, looks to be coming from ball cups, around king pin, and where the steeeing block mounts to the arm. I don’t expect it that be tight but for racing oval, would be nice to get semi consistent toe and damper settings. The truck has 1 race on it since new. I have another one that has 2-3, both about the same. I know swapping out the ball cups will help a little bit is quickly gone after a race.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's just kind of how TLR cars are. The updated ball cups are a bit tighter and help stave off the slop for a bit, but it still comes back. On the older(pre 5.0 generation) cars, there's not much you can do. i know on my 4.0 buggy, the alloy steering rack and updated ball cups made a really huge difference though I'm not sure if the rack is SCT compatible.
billdelong likes this.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

What do you mean by updated cups? I got the ones with the open end hole in the cup and they are loose after a race or so. The rack didn’t seem that bad, mainly in the king pin and where a hinge pin should be.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thats how all plastic is. I had TLRs for a while and switched to AE at the beginning of this year and AE plastic slops out easier. I replaced ball cups about every 5-6 months with TLR and with AE I feel my 2w needs it every other month, but I run A LOT. Its actually my only complaint with AE stuff really. Everything else is amazing.

About the only thing you can do is replace the sloppy plastic parts. Some parts can be shimmed to eliminate some slop but just depends on what part you are worried about. Some guys have used drops of CA to take up the slack, but then it can stick to the metal and cause more issues. I did it on the steering link off the servo last fall. It took all the slop out and started squeaking, so I put a drop of oil on it. It broke a day or two later. I haven't tried any other parts since then.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I feel like the slop has gotten better on the newer TLR kits. Not sure if it's the stiffizel parts, or I crash less, or what...
Old 04-02-2019, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

I went with the correct sizes of these.never like the wobble from 1st ed to the present..https://img.banggood.com/thumb/water...2ce20ee735.jpg
Old 04-02-2019, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Drag an exacto knife across the bottom of your plastic chassis.

Feel the raised edges of the cut?

Apply to inside of ball cups. But taking out that play is an onroad thing. Doing that offroad makes the car handle like poo.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept