R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-11-2006, 08:59 PM   #181
Tech Elite

You can't win by playing follow the leader

Brant - I don't have a problem with his pictures or anything...but that same post was put in several threads on another bulletin board I read, and I don't want to see it more than once in this one.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:10 PM   #182
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to better

the looks well balanced and inovative, but the front drive shaft seems to be too much of a angle maybe I 'm wrong? (durability and power loss)
Awsome car anyway
better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:12 PM   #183
Tech Elite

With the right materials wear shouldn't be too much of an issue. Suspension arms reach a much bigger angle and driveshafts don't bind too badly, I don't think it will be too bad.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:51 PM   #184
Tech Regular

On some/most cars with the "standard" triangular shaped upper arm it will be free until a certain point in the suspension's throw and then continually bind worse and worse beyond that point if the upper arm angle does not match the kick-up angle. Being how you cannot change upper arm angle that much on all/most cars it still binds up but you can greatly improve upon this problem with some elbow grease. The next thing is the "give" on rough tracks...the turnbuckle style that TL went with should be better on rougher tracks than the std triangular upper arm as the energy received to the chassis from a bumpe isn't dilited as much with the stiffer "standard" triangular upper arm where the turnbuckle will dillute the bump energy by letting the parts flex/twist etc.... making the car track more straight through bumps.
Hot Bodies, HPI, Novak Electronics, JR Propo, Lunsford, Skipgear.com, Planet R/C, Vinyl Graphics Unlimited, JConcepts, B-Mods Racing, CRCRC, King's R/C Raceway, Avid R/C, GMK Supply, & Pacific Coast Hobbies.
SlobbaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #185
Tech Elite

I think that was the closest to English I've ever seen you type!

What up Slobbatech? Mr. King MT racin' neck!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #186
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
You can't win by playing follow the leader

Brant - I don't have a problem with his pictures or anything...but that same post was put in several threads on another bulletin board I read, and I don't want to see it more than once in this one.

I'm with ya!!! Good call!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 11:01 PM   #187
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipm
We have over 25 excellent photos of the Team Losi 8ight buggy. See the photo galleries.
You do some of the most shameless scavenging of other forums, I've ever seen. Do these other forums come to your site and try to scavenge your readers?

Good grief.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:46 AM   #188
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlobbaTech
On some/most cars with the "standard" triangular shaped upper arm it will be free until a certain point in the suspension's throw and then continually bind worse and worse beyond that point if the upper arm angle does not match the kick-up angle. Being how you cannot change upper arm angle that much on all/most cars it still binds up but you can greatly improve upon this problem with some elbow grease. The next thing is the "give" on rough tracks...the turnbuckle style that TL went with should be better on rougher tracks than the std triangular upper arm as the energy received to the chassis from a bumpe isn't dilited as much with the stiffer "standard" triangular upper arm where the turnbuckle will dillute the bump energy by letting the parts flex/twist etc.... making the car track more straight through bumps.
What up Slobba. Have you confirmed all of this on the COMPARE-A-TER
Nice job Bud.
BTW work on the bubble skills that the giant taught ya

TLR / Team Orion / Spektrum / AKA / TEKIN / Horizon Hobby / upgrade rc / AVID / SCH / SPY / HAL'S HOBBY WAREHOUSE

Last edited by CaseyP; 04-12-2006 at 01:08 AM.
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:15 AM   #189
Tech Elite

Forget bubble skills...I'm amazed with his typing skills after that last one! lol
Old 04-12-2006, 03:09 AM   #190
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

to realise the offset driveshafts in the rear
they just had to turn the main conical differentialgear
the other way around
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:14 AM   #191
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAR
I do not like the front (touring car style) upper camber link rod. The boxed in link or A" arm style (like everyone else uses) is alot stronger,it helps prevents the bottom A"arm from twisting backwards when you hit something because of the support boxed design on the top of the c' hub it also helps stop prevents castor from changing in ruff conditions.
If you also look, the lower arms connect closer to mid way up the hub, this will reduce the chances of the caster changing from rough surfaces, which makes using an upper A-arm style link not necessary.
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #192
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2
to realise the offset driveshafts in the rear
they just had to turn the main conical differentialgear
the other way around
That's probably got every other 1/8 car maker scratching their heads wondering, "why didn't we think of that?". Simple solution for reaching a profound goal (moving the engine over that far).

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:18 PM   #193
Tech Elite

The front end (arms and front hub design) is kind of a page taken straight from the XX-4, which is regarded as one of the best rough-track cars in its class. I think the hub and arm design will work just fine.

On paper, this car should make all the others look silly...I hope it's competitive!