R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-10-2006, 07:57 AM   #166
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i like the body, but i wish it had a nose, i'm not a big fan of the little sliver that sticks out the front,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #167
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well it's official the pictures are on the losi web site.

Losi web site pictures
*Chrominator* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #168
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
You race TC...you should know that function is better than form every day of the week! haha.

I like the body on the 8ight...considerably more than pretty much all of the current 4wd electric buggies and better than all of the current 1/8th scale bodies; I can't stand the Crowd Pleazer bodies. Again...just my opinion, not bashing anyone else's ideas.

Does it have LCD's in the front??? I can't tell from the pics. Thanks

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #169
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

is the overall width of the chassis narrower than regular 1/8th scales? The motor is moved closer to center and the pipe and manifold look standard, it looks alot narrower than your common 1/8th scale!

Or am I just seeing things, because if so that is soo cool, because 1/8th scales allways looked disproportionally wide!
Old 04-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #170
Tech Elite

bobf - The looks of the body will be love/hate like normal...but the nose is usually the first part of an 1/8th scale body that gets broken and falls off, so I don't think it'll be that big of a loss (especially for me..haha!)

Brant - I have no idea...seriously, none.

xlgraphicspro - From the pictures, it looks like it is MUCH narrower from mud-guard to mud-guard than the other buggies..just look how far inset the pipe stinger is from the tires!
Old 04-10-2006, 10:20 PM   #171
Tech Initiate

I cant wwait to see this car in action! I like the bigger shocks, makes it look mean. Im gonna start putting money away for the truggy version.
zero74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:47 PM   #172
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think the car looks great so far, just wondering how easy the front area will be to work on in terms of kickup and diff work. Losi has done their homework though. They always do. Cant wait to get one. The engine will certainly run cooler with that low profile body. Good Idea putting fiber disk brakes on it.
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:40 AM   #173
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to RCmayor

I must say after seeing some of the clearer overhead pictures of the car, the design is growing on me. Moving forward a year or two from now, can you imagine a world with out any overseas cars on the tracks in America? If AE comes out with an 1/8 buggy I can see a major decrease in demand for the normal brands of today. I can also see the top drivers in the US sucking up to Losi and AE since some of them have ditched the electric scene in favor of only running gas 1/8 cars. Time will tell...
RCmayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:30 AM   #174
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

oh i know the noses break off, but i have seriously got new bodies just because of that, lol, it drives me nuts when it breaks off, but i'm also running a TTR, so the nose on it isn't as huge, so they dont break off as easy, also since the front post is set back on them, they dont break at the front as easy, alot more meat around the post hole,

and conisdering thats the only thing i'm not really a fan of, and thats just looks, looks dont really mean anything if it works good, which it most deffinatly will,

the only other thing i can complain about, is i want a part number, so i can backorder one, lol
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:58 AM   #175
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Talking LMAO!

Aaron,
The buggy looks great. I definitly think LOSI will acheive what they set out to do. The weight will be center max!

Thoughts:
See if the batt box is big enough for 5 AA cells. Every car I have put on balancing pins works better with 5AAs to offset the motor's weight. It usually is still not balanced but is is considerably closer. The run time is cool too.

The Hyper 8 put the front body pin well to the rear of the front tower. It gave alot of meat to secure the body without interfering with the mold for the shock tower section. It is worth a look. I just cut the nose off because I hate threading the body through that area and it just falls off anyways. LMAO! What??? Do you drive and OFNA?????

Good stuff.
TEX
<---- Not quite finished yet.
(972) 271-4844
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:10 PM   #176
Tech Apprentice

We have over 25 excellent photos of the Team Losi 8ight buggy. See the photo galleries.

http://www.neo-buggy.net

Philipm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #177
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

kit will be delivered
with 2 different batterybox covers
4mm milled chassis
4 composite shoe clutch
outboard toe-in at the rear
speedy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:26 PM   #178
Tech Elite

Philip - Spam might be welcome on other boards but not here...please don't start.

tex - I've been running the Jammin' buggy. I bet the car was probably designed with a normal 2/3A pack in mind, considering that's pretty much the industry standard. The weight of the motor should be less of an issue now that it is closer to the centerline of the car.

zero - I'd hold off before you start expecting a truggy version...the LST truggy might be out sometime soon but I'm not sure if Losi is even planning a truck based from the 8ight.

squirrel - Losi's engineers are racers too...I don't think the front end will be too hard to take apart. It might look crowded, but that doesn't mean there are 1,000 screws holding it together.

RCmayor - I don't think Kyosho will disappear but that scenario is definitely a possibility. Actually...I think that will be pretty cool to see!
Old 04-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #179
Tech Elite

Aaron--The Neo-Buggy guy is the one who always catches Losi testing and stuff over in the UK. He is cool. If Its the same guy I am thinking of he got to spend a day with Jr. and Peanut over there while they were testing about a year ago. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #180
CAR
Tech Addict

I do not like the front (touring car style) upper camber link rod. The boxed in link or A" arm style (like everyone else uses) is alot stronger,it helps prevents the bottom A"arm from twisting backwards when you hit something because of the support boxed design on the top of the c' hub it also helps stop prevents castor from changing in ruff conditions.
CAR is offline   Reply With Quote