R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-09-2006, 10:35 AM   #151
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

At first glance I nearly cried...haha. But after looking into it, and realizing how much of this was still proto-mode. I honestly cant wait. The design of the diffs look CRAZY. Its nice to see that someone finally went out of the norm to try something different. The motor is practically sitting on the centerline. The only thing I would have liked to seen was the engine at an angle.........but beggars cant be choosers. Aaron when are you supposed to get yours?
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 11:50 AM   #152
Tech Adept

Looks like a toy…not a race car…and yes I understand its just a prototype. Is it necessary for the shocks to be that large?

Things I conceder questionable,

-Fimsy looking wing mount
-Flimsy looking shock towers even if aluminum
-Aggressive front center dog bone angle
-Plastic inner hinge pin blocks?...hopefully will be aluminum…?RON?
-Fuel line next to hot exhaust pinched in-between tank and pipe.

Have they been testing this thing?
Antonio Sabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:30 PM   #153
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Sabato
Looks like a toy…not a race car…and yes I understand its just a prototype. Is it necessary for the shocks to be that large?

Things I conceder questionable,

-Fimsy looking wing mount
-Flimsy looking shock towers even if aluminum
-Aggressive front center dog bone angle
-Plastic inner hinge pin blocks?...hopefully will be aluminum…?RON?
-Fuel line next to hot exhaust pinched in-between tank and pipe.

Have they been testing this thing?

ARRGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Will they never learn?????
Sheeesh!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #154
Tech Elite

They have tested the car. You wouldn't see pictures of its existence if it wasn't at least close to what Losi is happy with.

It's not even worth discussing what materials will be used for certain parts..it is now common knowlege that many of the plastic parts you guys are concerned about will be aluminum on the production car! If something remains plastic, there's a reason behind it. That car has a plastic air filter boot..why is no one freaking out about that?! haha

Putting the engine at an angle may not be necessary..and with the current design, seems like it would only make more issues than it would solve. Besides, then most of the headers on the market would be useless.

What's wrong with running the fuel tubing along the pipe? It looks like it's under the pipe to me. How would you do it differently? Maybe it's like that so it's out of the way, so you can see the rest of the car in the pictures?

gquinlan - What about right in front of the throttle servo? Looks like prime real estate to me!

POOKYT - From what I've seen all over the internet..the answer is "NO!"
Old 04-09-2006, 06:07 PM   #155
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

ok sorry but one that that really is kinda dumb is 2 different boxes for the battery and reciever.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #156
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy
ok sorry but one that that really is kinda dumb is 2 different boxes for the battery and reciever.
OK--With the major shift in weight from moving the motor in line with the center of the chassis I will bet you a dozen doughnuts ( Krispy Kreme ) that the two boxes is to even out the front to rear weight.

Aaron--LMAO I agree!!!! I will just have to keep showing them the rear of my JRXS untill they finally understand!

Brant

Old 04-09-2006, 06:55 PM   #157
Tech Elite

Why is it dumb to split them up? Maybe it was dumb to put them together in the first place?

The point of the entire design of the 8ight was to move the mass of the car towards the center line. You simply could not have done that by putting the two boxes together, so they are split up. Gas trucks have NEVER had the receiver and receiver pack together, and it creates no problems.

Brant - Ya know...if the car had been out for six months and had just totally flopped, I would understand and eat crow. But the R/C corner of the internet is going CRAZY after they've seen 11 pictures of a car with pre-production parts on it. Kinda ridiculous if you ask me!
Old 04-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #158
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have they decided on the MSRP yet? Or there's still work to do on the "prototype"?
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:26 PM   #159
Tech Elite

Brant - Ya know...if the car had been out for six months and had just totally flopped, I would understand and eat crow. But the R/C corner of the internet is going CRAZY after they've seen 11 pictures of a car with pre-production parts on it. Kinda ridiculous if you ask me![/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!! Were you on board that CRAZY TRAIN when the first pics and info on the JRXS hit??? It was just like this except WAY WORSE!!! LMAO Just roll with it as most of these guys are really not being negative just some folks are better at seeing problems and some are better at seeing the potential.
I have a feeling this "bench" racing is all we can do on this buggy for a while so get used to it. Once we get the 8 on the track then we will see whats up.

Brant

Old 04-09-2006, 07:30 PM   #160
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just got this bug to run offroad after the 1/18th scale nats, and i want a real vehicle....man would i love to have one of these in my room
Old 04-09-2006, 08:36 PM   #161
Tech Elite

ogreasurada - The only thing I've heard about the projected price of the car is that it will be competitive with what is on the market right now.

rcracingkid - I know what you mean...I want mine too! Now!

Brant - I remember the mess behind the JRX-S release..everyone kept freaking out about how to get the battery out (kinda like worrying about plastic shock towers on the 8ight, LOL). The buggy will be here soon enough...

Someone yesterday (within Losi) asked me what I thought about the car...and honestly, I wasn't sure what to say...after all, I've only seen the same 11 pictures all of you have. I told him that I thought the body looked really good and that it looks like they've succeeded with what they set out to do, but I'll reserve my criticism until I see it on the track (and hopefully drive it!)
Old 04-09-2006, 08:50 PM   #162
Tech Elite

My biggest problem now is saving money for Vegas, our clubs big 2-day race, the end of the year race in Mississippi, and now a 1/8th buggy and all that goes with it! Man the Powerball better hit me soon!!!!! LOL

Brant

Old 04-10-2006, 12:20 AM   #163
Tech Initiate

Just by looking at the pictures, I like it. Honestly though, and this is my opinion - Losi freaks need not get bent out of shape, I think the body is butt ugly. But that's ok because I'm sure Proline will quickly make a Crowd Pleazer body for it.
hayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:07 AM   #164
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa
Just by looking at the pictures, I like it. Honestly though, and this is my opinion - Losi freaks need not get bent out of shape, I think the body is butt ugly. But that's ok because I'm sure Proline will quickly make a Crowd Pleazer body for it.

Well.......I am a Losi freak but I gotta agree with you. I don't like the current trend on 4WD offroad in general to have these forward cab looking bodies. I want my buggy to look like a buggy! BTW--I hated the looks of the MF2 body as well. Love the Losi stuff but hated that body for its looks. Handled great!! But was goofy looking.

Brant

Old 04-10-2006, 03:02 AM   #165
Tech Elite

You race TC...you should know that function is better than form every day of the week! haha.

I like the body on the 8ight...considerably more than pretty much all of the current 4wd electric buggies and better than all of the current 1/8th scale bodies; I can't stand the Crowd Pleazer bodies. Again...just my opinion, not bashing anyone else's ideas.