Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Lazer ZX7 Thread >

Kyosho Lazer ZX7 Thread

Like Tree50Likes

Kyosho Lazer ZX7 Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Now that I have gone and looked at the video it makes more sense to me than just what the still photos showed here. Not really up on the 8th scale too much but maybe they got push back for releasing the buggy using saddle back batteries, or is it saddle pack? My guess is that it's a revised buggy that uses a single battery along with other changes or a truggy, but my wish is for it to be a mini buggy or truck to compete with the new Losi stuff
Old 12-16-2020, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
Now that I have gone and looked at the video it makes more sense to me than just what the still photos showed here. Not really up on the 8th scale too much but maybe they got push back for releasing the buggy using saddle back batteries, or is it saddle pack? My guess is that it's a revised buggy that uses a single battery along with other changes or a truggy, but my wish is for it to be a mini buggy or truck to compete with the new Losi stuff

It's definitely a buggy. You can see the wing in the video. It's pretty big, so I'm pretty sure it's at least an 1:8 scale. Kyosho is a lot more focused on there 1:8 scale line than their 1/10 scale line. The MP10 has been out for over 2 years and there have been a lot of other brands that have updated their own.

With the electric side, if they came out with a new buggy, what would they change on the current model? All I can think of is a quick access diff or something like that. I was really hoping for a new stadium truck. I'm in the market for one.
Old 12-16-2020, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

LOL..
by the way, it's "Saddle Pack."
Milkdudd likes this.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default New Kyosho 2020 1:8 Scale Buggy

So, I confirmed my suspensions. At the very last second of the clip, you can read MP on the body. I can't make out a number, but it's definitely an MP. I paused the video and when I looked up, I noticed it. I tried to do a screenshot, but it didn't work. But, I can tell you it was at that very last second, literally, of the video.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

phew ... I can just about rest easy as I guiltily build this xb4 after having completed an xb2
Old 12-18-2020, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Xray build is nice enough. Parts are quality but you honestly cannot beat a Kyosho shock !!!

So used to Kyosho instruction manuals too. No BS just clear steps.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It could be a mini MP buggy.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

It could be a mini, but it looks too big.
Old 01-02-2021, 10:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by vikingen View Post
Xray build is nice enough. Parts are quality but you honestly cannot beat a Kyosho shock !!!

So used to Kyosho instruction manuals too. No BS just clear steps.
I'm interested to know why you went with Xray?
Were you struggling with the ZX7 at your club?

Old 01-07-2021, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by =Arise= View Post
I'm interested to know why you went with Xray?
Were you struggling with the ZX7 at your club?
I don't race a lot, but not really struggling. back of the Amain usually and rarely pushing the fastest guys with the latest cars.

Xrays seem to be flavour of the month. most of the quickest guys are running them. local parts support. setup help, all available.

im literally the only guy in the state running kyosho. there is next to no parts support for kyosho in Australia (I buy from Amain and Proshop) .. its a capable car and I've run kyosho since forever, just wondering if a change might be good.

hopefully painted bodies arrive next week. we are all wired up, just need covid restrictions to ease again.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

I've done that before. I raced Kyosho, then I went to Associated, and next was Losi. Now I'm back with Kyosho. It's like I had writers block. I just had to step away from the table for a bit. I was drove AE for a couple months and Losi for about a year, which I drove much better with. The following year I started racing my Kyosho again and I was doing just as good as I was with the Losi. Weird, but it worked. I guess I just needed to stretch a little.
vikingen and =Arise= like this.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me which Jconcepts mono front wheel fits the Kyosho wheelers? I can't find a spec anywhere online.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

My local track no one running ZX7 only the one sponsor guy mostly AE, TLR 22x4, Yokomo, Xray and D418. I don't think this kit competitive to other brand.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eric Tomczyk View Post
Can anyone tell me which J concepts mono front wheel fits the Kyosho wheelers? I can't find a spec anywhere online.
i run the b64 wheels

5mm front hex
Eric Tomczyk likes this.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by raved007 View Post
My local track no one running ZX7 only the one sponsor guy mostly AE, TLR 22x4, Yokomo, Xray and D418. I don't think this kit competitive to other brand.
I wouldn't say it's uncompetitive, but it is unpopular.
The lack of parts support and big names racing Kyosho at the moment seems to have turned people away.
I know where I live in Australia, there are no local hobby shops that carry Kyosho race kits at all.
I carry my own spares, so it doesn't bother me.
The car is very capable, and responds well to set up changes much like the RB7

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.