Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI Vorza Weekend objective: my first real upgrade and setup. >

HPI Vorza Weekend objective: my first real upgrade and setup.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree20Likes

HPI Vorza Weekend objective: my first real upgrade and setup.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dave_S
these things?
What those plug into, see in his hand? It is an adapter that goes between the bullets to the ESC, to give an extra plug to plug in the thing in your pic.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Destructionist
What those plug into, see in his hand? It is an adapter that goes between the bullets to the ESC, to give an extra plug to plug in the thing in your pic.
those came with my rtr trucks new in the box. I'm not sure where you can buy them.
Destructionist likes this.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

They look like little bullets, maybe 1.5mm? You can buy them in pairs with both male and female, I have them in 4mm size. To me it looks like the female has been soldered onto the other plug. The female is basically just a tube. I would have bought mine from Banggood, would have been a few dollars for 5 or 10 pairs.
Dave_S and Destructionist like this.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:13 AM
Tech Champion

They just bullets soldered on little extenders
Old 03-09-2019, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Damn, I was hoping someone sells them rather than solder them haha. It looks like learning to solder is becoming unavoidable in my path to avoid it lol. Ill do that balance thing today and maybe save soldering for tomorrow.. I am going to set the house on fire..
god help us all.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

I did my first stage of balance without scales. Here is a pic of the weights added and the crude balance tool I came up with

I tried to make sure nothing is toughing anything like the mount, the receiver box, or the telemetry module as to not introduce vibration. 11oz added. Scales next... I still feel like I have no idea what I am doing tho

Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Trial and error. I’m on year 9 and still learning. Learning soldering has been on list.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Oh my god! I didn't change anything! I just put it on, it was 49/51, but because it has to be lifted when turned on to zero, when I put it back things were shifted, so I moved things around a little to center it and rocked the car and made sure the springs and resting "naturally" and this is the weight! I don't need to change ANYTHING do i? I don't want to hahaha.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

I got my setup wheels! I am pretty happy with the weight distribution now. I also lifted the front then back and made sure both wheels leave the surface at the same moment. I can't get 50/50 front to back but I don't think I need to with my heavy weight. My only concern right now is am I too heavy? is my 20/44 gearing going to handle it ok? I will find out in a few days. We got sun and non freezing weather tomorrow and I can see parts of my lawn!

Check it out!
Old 03-13-2019, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

6s + 20T + more lead than a tackle box = what ever snow hasn't melted will when your rig heats up. At least the air will keep the temps down - but I'd add a few vents to the body. You're running almost a kilo more than most ebuggies, the motor will still apply the torque so you'll get a lot of wheel spin I'd fit those badlands. It'll handle more like 60s American muscle car than Subaru WRX.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matty A
6s + 20T + more lead than a tackle box = what ever snow hasn't melted will when your rig heats up. At least the air will keep the temps down - but I'd add a few vents to the body. You're running almost a kilo more than most ebuggies, the motor will still apply the torque so you'll get a lot of wheel spin I'd fit those badlands. It'll handle more like 60s American muscle car than Subaru WRX.
Yeah I may have to gear it down, I got my remote setup to give me a warning if the motor reaches 66 degrees Celsius. I have 2 sets of badlands... 2.8 or 3.2? I just got my 22mm spacers in today and my 3.2 are on 1/2 inch offset rims, I can't wait to try them but I would probably have to go down to a maybe even a 13 pinion with those. I have 13-17 and this 20. Ill figure it out. I want to try my 2.8s too and compare them to the factory, they are slightly taller but much thinner. The factory wheels seem to not be a perfect circle, there is a wobble to it. I balanced them but I can still see some wobble, maybe my little bumps did that.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

The wheels will wobble when on as there’s sometimes play in the bearings themselves. Not something to worry about unless the wheels feel like they’re about to fall off,
. The weight you’re at is truck territory so the motor and wheels will be ok just watch the temps - I’d go to stock pinion to start with just to be safe - you can’t really steer these things well if doing more than 40-50mph, big pinions are really for speed runs, not race tracks or general bashing. If running on grass, use more neg camber say -2 or more. That’ll resist catching grass edges and tipping you over.
Dave_S and Destructionist like this.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

If running on grass, use more neg camber say -2 or more. That’ll resist catching grass edges and tipping you over.

pretty interesting, never heard that before.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

The wheels will wobble when on as there’s sometimes play in the bearings themselves. Not something to worry about unless the wheels feel like they’re about to fall off,
. The weight you’re at is truck territory so the motor and wheels will be ok just watch the temps - I’d go to stock pinion to start with just to be safe - you can’t really steer these things well if doing more than 40-50mph, big pinions are really for speed runs, not race tracks or general bashing. If running on grass, use more neg camber say -2 or more. That’ll resist catching grass edges and tipping you over.
Thanks for the tips! I will try different pinions and see what I like. I did pick a big one to start with because I want to take it to a soccer field and dart around as soon as weather permits. I got a chance to run it in someones big garage today, and oh my god it was fun. It'll peel tires all day long! It was lots of fun drifting around on the cement surface, it handled really well too. I should get alignment tools because most my running will be on grass and I don't know anything about alignment yet.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dave_S

pretty interesting, never heard that before.
Yeah it’s typically done when racing on rough tracks where catching a rut may tip you, neg camber may give you a little less grip but it’s quicker overall than having to be turned back over. The same principal applies to bashing, ending up on your lid sucks....
Dave_S likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.