I just ordered a Vorza! >

I just ordered a Vorza!

Like Tree6Likes

I just ordered a Vorza!

Old 02-09-2019, 05:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default I just ordered a Vorza!

Hello people.

I am pretty new to RC cars and after getting kiddo a Stampede 2WD, I wanted something for me... After watching many videos and research I went with the Vorza. It looks great to me, driving it looks really fun, and it is known to be a tank, and is quite versatile. I also wanted an RTR I know it is old and has not been updated in a long time, am I crazy?

I am impatiently awaiting it, and some 6000mah 6S 75C batteries, and a bunch of gear to go with it. I just wanted to share that and maybe hear from people that have owned these machines, or gain any knowledge I can from your experience in this hobby. It should arrive on Tuesday, not sure when all the other stuff will get here so I don't know if I'll be able to drive it on Tuesday.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:35 PM
Tech Initiate

I guess I am crazy...
Old 02-10-2019, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

6 cells is 2 to many I ran mine on 4 and it was a monster ..enjoy I always did till I hit a cinder block at 60mph.. I got parts to repair .but never did.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Vorza is a tried and true buggy. RCguy is right though. 4s would be better. On 6s get some +10mm hexes (I used to use RC8T ASC89329 but they are discontinued) and truggy sized wheels/tires and you will flip over less. I've built a few 6s buggys and that is how I always set them up.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by the rc guy View Post
6 cells is 2 to many I ran mine on 4 and it was a monster ..enjoy I always did till I hit a cinder block at 60mph.. I got parts to repair .but never did.
Ouch! What broke? I was worried I would want to upgrade, and I would never be happy not trying 6s. On the other hand I thought I can always take it easy and not use full throttle on 6s. It is my first RC and I wouldn't know what to do with the extra batteries so I got 2 good 6s batteries and figured I can tune the controller / esc to tame them.

Originally Posted by fordfreak95 View Post
The Vorza is a tried and true buggy. RCguy is right though. 4s would be better. On 6s get some +10mm hexes (I used to use RC8T ASC89329 but they are discontinued) and truggy sized wheels/tires and you will flip over less. I've built a few 6s buggys and that is how I always set them up.
I got some wheels but I think I got ones that are too big. They are 3.8 proline badlands on offset rims. I think I will need extensions to avoid rubbing on turns. I want to own a few sets of tires for on and off road, I think truggy wheels will be my next purchase, then road wheels. I have never seen someone using +10mm hexes, what size wheels are those for?

The batteries I got are 2x Turnigy Graphene Panther 6000mAh 6S 75C with peak 150C. I also got a 20 tooth pinion and 44 tooth spur so I can try speed if I want. I basically am trying to cover using my vorza for different things. I would like to get a Tenko chassis conversion done, I read good things about it, and I need more wheels to try.

Oh.. I even got a d-box 2 to try even tho I realize people look down on them. I definitely intend to drive it first and be good at controlling it without it but I also believe they can be fun from what I see and I would like that option, I don't know what it all means but the d-box 2 seems more fit for rc cars than other gyros with its controller priority modes. I dunno... I have a lot to learn about this hobby and which parts if it I will like the most.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Vorza is a tank by buggy standards. Like all buggy they have a fairly common potential weak spot. Front shock towers tend to bend on bad landing. Not much can prevent this. But something to keep in mind. Being a heavy vehicle makes it very stable on 6s. Don’t think ever ran 4s
Old 02-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Vorza is a tank by buggy standards. Like all buggy they have a fairly common potential weak spot. Front shock towers tend to bend on bad landing. Not much can prevent this. But something to keep in mind. Being a heavy vehicle makes it very stable on 6s. Don’t think ever ran 4s
I won't be hard on it for a while! I will be nice and careful before I attempt to gain air lol. I wanted a tough machine for my learning mistakes and I will slowly work my confidence up to jumping and speed runs. I have a decent sized lawn without much to ram into so I just want to muck around with my kiddo, maybe learn to drift it and tear some grass up. Ill race up and down it.

Coming to think of it.. I promised her a ramp in spring for her stampede so I may need them sooner than I think haha. If I bend them I will replace them. There are no hobby stores beside me so each time I break something I will have to order stuff online. I came across carbon fiber shock towers, are they worth the weight saving? Are they actually tougher if they are quality ones? I don't mind buying some upgrades to switch to when something does break, I would have to make a list of stuff I want. So far I am guessing I need wheel extensions, shock towers, stainless steel screws, bearing set, stiffer springs, wheels, Tekno chassis conversion....

When I break something I will order all that stuff and store it until needed. I want to avoid upgrading something without it breaking first.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fordfreak95 View Post
I have +25mm in my cart that I figured will work for the 3.8's, are they too long? They seem to be the shortest I can find.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Destructionist View Post
I won't be hard on it for a while! I will be nice and careful before I attempt to gain air lol. I wanted a tough machine for my learning mistakes and I will slowly work my confidence up to jumping and speed runs. I have a decent sized lawn without much to ram into so I just want to muck around with my kiddo, maybe learn to drift it and tear some grass up. Ill race up and down it.

Coming to think of it.. I promised her a ramp in spring for her stampede so I may need them sooner than I think haha. If I bend them I will replace them. There are no hobby stores beside me so each time I break something I will have to order stuff online. I came across carbon fiber shock towers, are they worth the weight saving? Are they actually tougher if they are quality ones? I don't mind buying some upgrades to switch to when something does break, I would have to make a list of stuff I want. So far I am guessing I need wheel extensions, shock towers, stainless steel screws, bearing set, stiffer springs, wheels, Tekno chassis conversion....

When I break something I will order all that stuff and store it until needed. I want to avoid upgrading something without it breaking first.
Oh itís really stable for speed runs. It looks slow doing 40-50mph. Think I stopped around 65mph.

I stayed with the stock aluminum front shock towers. It bends, carbon fiber breaks. There should be some protective covers for the front shock tops. The screws tend to bend, or get damaged during upside down slides.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Oh itís really stable for speed runs. It looks slow doing 40-50mph. Think I stopped around 65mph.

I stayed with the stock aluminum front shock towers. It bends, carbon fiber breaks. There should be some protective covers for the front shock tops. The screws tend to bend, or get damaged during upside down slides.

I guess it is more for people who want to race. I figured it would take impact better. I ordered some more wheels today, hub extenders and a balancing tool! I am going to go crazy waiting.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hereís my Vorza. I actually have 5 builds based on the Vorza/D8/Apache platform(all 3 of these are compatible with each other)
you made a great choice....these are very well built tough RCís

Old 02-12-2019, 01:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by chainsaw10 View Post
Here’s my Vorza. I actually have 5 builds based on the Vorza/D8/Apache platform(all 3 of these are compatible with each other)
you made a great choice....these are very well built tough RC’s

Thanks for the reassurance. That is a nice looking machine, I would never have guessed there is a vorza under there. I have been browsing parts available for it and there are some but not many, but I have learnt through this forum, and the internet that there are quite a few cars compatible with it and I can just borrow parts from them if I can't find any (I still have thousands of posts left to read). I kinda wish I knew that earlier tho. I went on a buying spree buying parts and I spent WAY too much. I should have asked for help here. If something was like one left I just purchased it before they run out. I feel like I did not use my money wisely at all the more I learn, but part of the problem is I live in the middle of nowhere and the closest hobby store is 3 hour drive, and they don't carry anything for the vorza or know what is compatible to it.. they are kinda limited in everything. It is done now. I think I will appreciate having the stuff I got when it all gets here. I need to decide if I install the upgrades first, or just drive the machine and learn it as it is, and then upgrade stuff as they break. I think I need a money tree now.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Drive it stock has been my rule. Then decide what to upgrade.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

if this is 4 speed runs Id get different tires. I went with traxxas Xo-1s. help up till it eat concrete.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Drive it stock has been my rule. Then decide what to upgrade.
Yeah I think I agree with you. Ill keep the upgrades as spare parts. I did not get too fancy, just a few different wheels/tires, metal hubs, stainless steel screw set with extra washers and stuff for the vorza, i got a bearing set, orange shock covers, diff oils and shock oils, 44 tooth spur, 13 14 15 16 17 and 20 tooth pinions, orange cnc caster blocks (I don't even know what they are, i got them because they were orange), i got orange hex hubs, lights for front and back as well as bumper for front and back, balancer, and 4 shock maintenance sets and mud guards! It cost a fortune because it was from different places and i paid lots in shipping

Other fun stuff I have coming : proline bad-lands buggy tires, cheap paddle tires, 3.8 badlands, dbox 2 and my batteries I got 2 x Turnigy Graphene Panther 6000mAh 6S 75C/150C Battery Packs, Eachine EV800D headset and a small 1280x960 camera. How am I doing for a first newb setup?

Originally Posted by the rc guy View Post
if this is 4 speed runs Id get different tires. I went with traxxas Xo-1s. help up till it eat concrete.
I want to get some road tires and I will keep that in mind, thanks! I need street tires and 3.2 proline off road tires but they are expensive and I need to recover financially from all this. I better LOVE this hobby haha. I will be saving the 44 spur and 20 tooth pinions for the Xo wheels, when I get them after I find a good road to fly on

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service