A CRY FOR HELP (RC tracks Closing) >

A CRY FOR HELP (RC tracks Closing)

Like Tree211Likes

A CRY FOR HELP (RC tracks Closing)

Old 05-07-2019, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
Rents are too high here for small stores to stay in biz' let alone an RC track. ...isn't that part of the reason NorCal moved from union city a few yrs ago?
Honestly, I don't know (I've never asked Eric), but it is a possibility).
Old 05-07-2019, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimF
bassbuster:

I know a small hobby shop with a nice off road track that is for sale here in Paradise ca. You could get it pretty cheap. Guy just moved out like a week ago or so.
  • I had no idea that shop was still there (with Amain down the hill). YEARS ago 1999-2000 I Race directed at that track/shop (probably the previous owner). The crowd was never the biggest, but we had a good time.

Tim
With a good portion of Paradise destroyed, it's probably not a good idea.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m3rcfh
I completely agree, would be awesome to see a solid company like Traxxas to make a "racier" version of the Bandit, for example, and sponsor some drivers. That would definetely attract people into racing just for how easy it is to get started. Granted less than half would get serious about it, but definetely more exposure

The track owners should offer a Race package Include the race fees, RTR car/truck for one to drive, plus advice throughout the race day. Anyone can walk in with nothing and try out RC racing. I am rooting the hobby grows so tracks will not have to close.
RCSteveH likes this.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dowj28
The track owners should offer a Race package Include the race fees, RTR car/truck for one to drive, plus advice throughout the race day. Anyone can walk in with nothing and try out RC racing. I am rooting the hobby grows so tracks will not have to close.
OCRC does something similar. The first race is free. They have rentals but mostly marketed for kids. They will build and set your car up with a winning setup for few extra bucks. Also any motor/esc gets wired in and set up for free with purchase. They offer pre-glued tires as well as much beginners dread that task along with the seasoned veteran. Most likely OCRC is or close to the highest rent track in CA $18-22sf. I think they have figured out that offering everything you can possibly need to get into RC in one stop shop is key. Although it does come down to what the consumer is willing to spend to start a new hobby.
RCSteveH likes this.