R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-25-2006, 08:24 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Bocca Bearing "Green Seals"

I had a Blue seal Losi bearing fail and replaced it with Bocca Bearing Green Seal. I bought 4 and installed. Ran them for the first time today on Offroad track when I pulled the wheels there was grease on the axle and the wheel nut. Is this normal for the first time?? No other bearing has done this. I fear that they will continue to throw grease out until they are dry and then fail. What is your opinion?
Old 02-25-2006, 11:31 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Most all new bearings will do this when new to a point. The grease will reach a point where it stops coming out but the bearing will not be empty. This is what you want. At this point the bearing will spin with less friction and the grease that is left will seal the bearing from the inside out to help dirt from getting in. Next time you have to buy bearings goto Avid racing bearings. Most all his bearings are 1 buck and just as good if not better than Boca.

http://www.avidrc.com

Bump
SpeedBump57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 03:40 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Thanks Bump, I was hoping that was the case, just wanted someone else's view on them.

Thanks again
Old 02-26-2006, 07:12 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Your welcome Trixter!
SpeedBump57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 08:26 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have nothing bad to say about boca green seals. I have used them in my 1/8 scale for the last few years and have only replaced the rear hub carrier bearings. After so much time of running I'll pop the seals off clean and re grease them.

Going along with speedbump, I will also put in a good word for avid rc. The boca's are good, but lets be serious, 4 bearings for $16!? I bought 16 yellow revolutions for my 1/8 for $18 and got them in less than a week. Definitely worth your time to check them out!
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote