Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
22SCT 3.0 Poor Brakes Whatís the problem. >

22SCT 3.0 Poor Brakes Whatís the problem.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RC*PHREAK

22SCT 3.0 Poor Brakes Whatís the problem.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 22SCT 3.0 Poor Brakes Whatís the problem.

Ok, so I bought a 22SCT 3.0 second hand and the brakes were terrible, it wouldnít even lock the rear wheels up on dusty concrete. Truck has a hobbywing Justock system in it with a Motiv motor. I have the LCD box and have tried everything set brakes to 100 set reverse to 100 nothing. Truck came with an M12 TX I went through all the settings in there and nothing. Bound it to my Spectrum system and same thing. Reset the controller and esc to factory still same thing. Last night I went on a limb and through a castle sidewinder motor in it and same thing. Pulled the ESC and put a spare HW SC8 that used to make my 4x4 endo and same deal. Thereís gotta be something else going on. Itís not locking one tire and the other rolling, it literally stops like itís set at 25% brake. Truck has a Laydown ExoTek trans and slipper lockout running a 56 spur and 26 pinion. Asked a few racers at the track today and nobody could figure it out had several guys go through the TX and the ESC settings and nobody could figure it out.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The Hobbywing Justock ESC has terrible brakes, itís the ESC. Itís barely enough for 2WD 17.5 buggy.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RazorRC View Post
The Hobbywing Justock ESC has terrible brakes, itís the ESC. Itís barely enough for 2WD 17.5 buggy.
True, but the brakes are the same with my SC8 ESC and a Castle Motor, and that speed control stopped my Tekno 410 easily.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Yea I expected it from the Justock because my kids have that in there 2WD Slashís but when I put the SC8 in the truck today with a castle motor it was the same thing. Both setups the Motiv and Justock and the SC8 and Castle brake like 25% when set at 100% Dx5c radio, M12 radio, flysky radio, and a traxxas radio none made a difference. I canít figure what it could be but itís something with the truck.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

have you set the end point for brakes on your radio to 100% before re-calibrating the esc to the receiver?
RazorRC likes this.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've always noted that my Hobbywing ESC's seem to come with the default setting at 75%, so you'll have to hook up the program box to turn it up to 100%. I've run many of these and have never not been able to lock the rear wheels up. You just need to get the settings correct.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Yes EPAs are at 100 and weíre at 100 during calibration. And I have the LCD box and have turned the brakes to 100. Per hobby wings tech support the even asked I set the reverse EPA at 80% and calibrate it thinking the radio had a range the esc didnít like but that didnít do it.
I mean itís driveable but when the track is hooking and I canít slow down enough into the turns it makes for all the slashís beating me lol