Like Tree34Likes

TLR 8ight X-E

Old 01-31-2019, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 155 (100%+)

Thinking about getting this so I downloaded the manual to look at and see how the car goes together.

Question about the motor mount:

Is it just a matter of my misunderstanding, or do the O-Rings in the mount actually insulate the motor from any possible heat-sink effect of the motor being mounted on the chassis? Seems like even a diff mounted motor would allow more heat-sinking by the chassis than a mount with rubber insulators.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

How much is heat actually an issue in 1/8 scale electric racing? My only experience is with my converted Tenacity-T which gets smoking hot and my buddies 8ight-e RTR. His motor always come off cool to the touch. (3s / 2500kv). I just imagined that heat isn't much of an issue @ 4s/1900kv.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 155 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Furadi View Post
How much is heat actually an issue in 1/8 scale electric racing? My only experience is with my converted Tenacity-T which gets smoking hot and my buddies 8ight-e RTR. His motor always come off cool to the touch. (3s / 2500kv). I just imagined that heat isn't much of an issue @ 4s/1900kv.
It can be depending on weather, track conditions and layout.

What I know is my original Losi 8/Tekno conversion with the motor mount bolted directly to the chassis always ran cooler than my 8 3.0 with the same motor in a diff-mount. Like 130F vs 170F. I suppose people who replace equipment frequently don't care but lower temps are pretty much always better for the life of the equipment.

Maybe Tekno has a patent on he direct-to-chassis mount system so TLR/Losi couldn't use it.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

This kit looks very nice. Tough decisions to make in the next month. I've been bouncing between the MBX8-ECO, XRAY XB8E 2019 and the TLR 8ight X-E. I have part support for all three kits. Any help with my decision from you more experienced guys would be appreciated!
Old 01-31-2019, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Actually, taking a look at it, it seems like there may be direct metal contact between the motor and lower half o the mount. You can see in the red circled potions that there is bare metal present on the mount behind the two clamping rings. The clamp design also pushes the motor can downward as pressure is applied. I wonder if the motor mount is designed in such a way that the can is pressed into the bare metal lower halves, with the o-rings on the two clamping rings being used for support and protection of the can at the mount is tightened? I suppose it depends on how "squishy" these o-rings are, and how much they insulate the can.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

When is this going to be released?
Old 01-31-2019, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jkurz211 View Post
When is this going to be released?
Mid to late February I believe. He says it in the video on TLR wesite.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

So just before DNC. If that is so my friend who drives for TLR might get his. That would be cool
Old 02-01-2019, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

new video on the car on Facebook it wonít let me share it.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Probably this same one -

Old 02-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Exact same layout as the 2.0...
Old 02-02-2019, 12:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Furadi View Post
yup when I checked it wasnít uploaded yet to YouTube.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I’m kinda fond of the paint scheme for some reason! Car is really good!! Tyler ran a prototype at SIC. We had electrical issues all weekend but the time he has on it, it’s gonna be bad ass!
Old 02-02-2019, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by RandyJones View Post
Iím kinda fond of the paint scheme for some reason! Car is really good!! Tyler ran a prototype at SIC. We had electrical issues all weekend but the time he has on it, itís gonna be bad ass!
Hey Randy, cool to see they used Tyler's paint for pics! Any set up sheet from SIC race for this car, curious.....I see a lot about this car that has my interest....might be time to sell the HB's and try TLR again.....do you know since they are not gonna produce an Etruggy kit, will they make a conversion to convert the new 8x truggy if they are coming out with a new truggy...I'm guessing they are. Best of Luck to Tyler and you, always been fun to watch that kid drive
Old 02-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThelanderJ View Post

Hey Randy, cool to see they used Tyler's paint for pics! Any set up sheet from SIC race for this car, curious.....I see a lot about this car that has my interest....might be time to sell the HB's and try TLR again.....do you know since they are not gonna produce an Etruggy kit, will they make a conversion to convert the new 8x truggy if they are coming out with a new truggy...I'm guessing they are. Best of Luck to Tyler and you, always been fun to watch that kid drive

I can get the setup posted we ran. Itís not a final setup but was pretty good!! No word of new truggy yet honestly. We all know they will have one but just no mention of it yet. Not sure on the conversion either but who knows. Iím betting they want to make sure both buggies are to their satisfaction before doing a truggy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service