Like Tree34Likes

TLR 8ight X-E

Reply

Old 01-05-2019, 09:33 PM
  #16  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,506
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TlrLosi210 View Post
That is a strange looking motor. Not sure I'd want to let that much dirt in...
MX304 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:07 AM
  #17  
Tech Master
iTrader: (30)
 
Spads11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,176
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

I would guess that the motor would be for indoors (clay) only. I have never seen anything like that before though.
Spads11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:12 PM
  #18  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

From TLR Facebook:

More? Split center diff mounts for easy access and maintenance !

Evoking1230 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:48 AM
  #19  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 104
Default


TlrLosi210 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:53 AM
  #20  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (155)
 
ta_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,731
Trader Rating: 155 (100%+)
Default

Looks like they either did away with the ability to choose to cant the diff/motor to match the center drive dogbone angles.

(Or did something different to address that.)
ta_man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:04 AM
  #21  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 350
Default

Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
Looks like they either did away with the ability to choose to cant the diff/motor to match the center drive dogbone angles.

(Or did something different to address that.)
On the 8X the front gearbox was changed so that the angle on the front and rear drive shafts are the same. So I would assume the 8XE would use the same gearboxes as the nitro so there would be no need to angle the motor anymore.
fantomdude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:48 PM
  #22  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TlrLosi210 View Post
you forgot to add the caption

Want to run an electric clutch? Flip the center diff around and don't worry about fitment issues

or something along those lines :-P
Evoking1230 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:41 AM
  #23  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 104
Default

What you guys think about electric clutches, i have one for my 4.0 and didn't like it. I want to put it back on and give it another try.
TlrLosi210 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:41 AM
  #24  
Tech Regular
 
Furadi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boise
Posts: 489
Default

Originally Posted by TlrLosi210 View Post
What you guys think about electric clutches, i have one for my 4.0 and didn't like it. I want to put it back on and give it another try.
I feel like it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. I tuned the throttle in my buggy with punch control settings and throttle end points in the radio.
Furadi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:10 PM
  #25  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Furadi View Post
I feel like it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. I tuned the throttle in my buggy with punch control settings and throttle end points in the radio.
This.

I believe Drake used to run a clutch setup on his TLR or was it MBX7 eco? I forget.



EDIT: wOOt! wOOt! 1,000th post!!!

Last edited by Evoking1230; 01-08-2019 at 02:11 PM. Reason: 1,000th Post :-P
Evoking1230 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:47 PM
  #26  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,506
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Evoking1230 View Post
This.

I believe Drake used to run a clutch setup on his TLR or was it MBX7 eco? I forget.



EDIT: wOOt! wOOt! 1,000th post!!!
Drake has run the clutch on pretty much every e-buggy and e-truggy he has ever driven. Still using it on the MBX8 and MBX8T.
MX304 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:53 PM
  #27  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
Drake has run the clutch on pretty much every e-buggy and e-truggy he has ever driven. Still using it on the MBX8 and MBX8T.
See, wasn't too far off 😆
Evoking1230 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:47 AM
  #28  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 437
Default

Originally Posted by Evoking1230 View Post
This.

I believe Drake used to run a clutch setup on his TLR or was it MBX7 eco? I forget.



EDIT: wOOt! wOOt! 1,000th post!!!
Originally Posted by MX304 View Post
Drake has run the clutch on pretty much every e-buggy and e-truggy he has ever driven. Still using it on the MBX8 and MBX8T.

yea he uses the tekno e clutch on Mugen I think with Mugen shoes and bell if I remember right. I know he has it on his YouTube.
jersey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:01 PM
  #29  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

stupid question, for the velcro....is everyone using a specific special strength one or just gluing it to the sides of the chassis and inside of the body?
Evoking1230 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:28 PM
  #30  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by Evoking1230 View Post
stupid question, for the velcro....is everyone using a specific special strength one or just gluing it to the sides of the chassis and inside of the body?
are you referring to the body , if so I just use the pins and it holds up well. But I do use one sided velcro on my 22, i use team associated Velcro. Holds up well
TlrLosi210 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service