1/6 Losi Super Rock Rey Thread >

1/6 Losi Super Rock Rey Thread

Like Tree28Likes

1/6 Losi Super Rock Rey Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drool'z4G3
I need to purchase all new lipos to run this beast, none of the wires on my smc 4s 7200 packs will reach, ( I run those in my x-maxx ) I have a pair of brand new 5s promatch lipos installed one too see if the wires had the reach and they do not either, so now I am concerned that what ever lipos I choose will the wires reach the ec5 connection point.
are your batteries all the way towards the rear bulkhead? Also I have my batteries stacked like this to maximize wire length that comes out of rear bulkhead.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Well, new RC...but as we all know...tastes are diferent...

This has a solid rear diff, right?

It will flip everytime when cornering at speed... i do not like that!

Does anyone already did open the rear diff, for it to slip when just needed and not flip the car... (maybe using the same gears from the front diff as...)

I saw a Vaterra Twin Harmmer;s, with a open rear diff...and it never flips when cornering at speed, also with lipo on the belly and vertical shocks on front....

This RC is better then the Twin Hammers on that matter, and scale to, but with a rear locked diff...not for me! Unless there is hope! I speed bash a lot!! lol
And not worried that will no crawler anymore great...big tires and 1million silicone oil makes wonder's in that matter!
Old 01-06-2019, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

It has a rear rear differential
Old 01-06-2019, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Rear diff and is locked or unlocked?

Can have silicone oil, i presume? See orings on that picture...

Hum...reading the losi.com website now... i tought it had a locked rear diff...
Old 01-06-2019, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Unlocked. It uses silicone, I believe 30k.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by targetingxmod

Hum...reading the losi.com website now... i tought it had a locked rear diff...
I know the traxxas udr has a locked rear diff.

Losi tried making an optional diff locker, but it kept breaking pins so they shelved it.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Ok..my bad... there are 3 diferencials...thats good news...but why then it flips so much, appart from the big tires....? Need's hex extensions then!

From Losi website:
4X4 Driveline with Adjustable Differentials

Full-time four-wheel drive provides amazing traction. Additionally the front, center and rear differentials can be tuned allowing adjustment of the power bleed between the front and rear drivetrain. The power bleeds evenly front-to-rear and the truck will drive out of the turns harder from point to point. The tunable differentials allow you to dial in your truck for maximum performance and traction.
Old 01-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

I didn't know it flipped a lot. I haven't driven one. My super Baja rey did need some suspension tuning out of the box.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dave_S
I didn't know it flipped a lot. I haven't driven one. My super Baja rey did need some suspension tuning out of the box.
It flips less then the Vaterra Twin Hammers...but still a lot compared to the super Baja Rey, for instance! I do not own any of the 1/6, but own the Twin Hammers....

This video helps to explain it a little!

Either way i am happy to know it's not a locked rear diff! Thanks people! And have to say it was my fault, cause i didn't read the Losi website! lol

Looking for one second hand in 2 years from now

-It flips at minute 3.13" instantly... Great for rock bashing...but normal bashing it flips to much for my taste...but will see...aftermarket maybe do some sway bar's for it!
Dave_S likes this.

Last edited by targetingxmod; 01-08-2019 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

We are in the SRR club!

Dave_S likes this.
Old 01-30-2019, 05:13 PM
Tech Rookie

I know the traxxas udr has a locked rear diff.

Losi tried making an optional diff locker, but it kept breaking pins so they shelved it.

Hi all, New to the forum. I just got the SRR today. Only running on 6s. It definitely needs 8s. I struggled prior to purchase determining battery Compartment size. Turns out there is a ton of room. And that includes a 1/4 to 12 inch thick foam insert (used to separate the batteries. The bottom loading is awesome. I have 1/10th scale Rock Rey that is rear loading. That rear loading space is very restrictive! Will have two new 7000 4s mAh batteries in a day or two. Will update. I will say this,, It does not appear to like the snow. I am sure it has to do with it's weight. Also the wheels are pretty hard. Even though the lugs are 17mm, the "hex hub" that the wheel attaches to is NOT 17mm. Bummed because I have a lot of tires that I hoped I could try on it. Regardless, snow, no-likey. Not at all. I any sort of deep snow it just buries itself. Again, will update after some 8s runs,,with less snow on the ground. BTW, I have a tracts UDR, and it DOES NOT have a locked rear diff. I also have a Yeti XL (which is my favorite vehicle to drive), which is a blast., relatively light, long drive times, crazy power, fair handling, easy to work on, etc.. BUT but it really does break down A LOT!!. A arms/shredded diffs, Pinions/spur gears/etc.. Seems I am always waiting for parts on it. Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Before and after.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Unlocked. It uses silicone, I believe 30k.
I contacted Losi (Horizon Hobby) with this question and they told me that the stock setup is 30k(F)-50k(C)-30k(R). Since this is a bashing vehicle and no race class exists for it, I would recommend stiffening up the Center Diff with some 200k-300k diff oil. I may also throw some 50k in the Rear Diff to make the truck just a hair more "slidey".
Old 02-18-2019, 12:15 PM
Tech Rookie

I picked one up a few days ago. I love the truck. I was surprised how well it jumped. I did break a front spindle doing a big backflip off my backyard jump. It came down with a bias towards the front right tire and it snapped the arm off the spindle. Same thing happened with my 1/10 Rock Rey Rey. I have aluminum spindles and servo mount on the way. Here's a video of the jump that broke the spindle:

https://youtu.be/YI4-Tt4aDkw

Full running video: https://youtu.be/7cR3YXaoMO0
Dave_S likes this.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Yesterday I picked up my Losi Super Rock Rey from my local hobby shop West Valley Hobbies here in Salt Lake City. Unfortunately their selection of batteries wasn't what I had in mind, and I also want to upgrade my charger.

I am now awaiting a Protek Prodigy 625 Duo Charger as well as SMC Racing 4x 4S and 2x 3S 7400mAH 149Amp/90C LiPos to show up in the mail.

AMain also had a sale on the Futaba 4PV Radio and my LHS matched the price so I picked that up as well. I also got some 60K and 300K diff oils to try out in the center and rear of my Super Rock Rey. Ive actually never spent so much money in one day in my entire life, especially as yesterday was rent day as well lol!

Well, the good news is I still have my tools and quite alot of accessories from the last time I was active in the hobby. It looks like I am just about ready to RC again!
Dave_S and Fate0n3 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.