TLR 22 5.0

Old 01-08-2020, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
G2 Gear Diff set TLR232088
Rear sway bar set TLR334040
Front sway bar set TLR334055
Hight Front Wing TLR230014, TLR230015(Wider)

EDIT: OOPS, and youíll probably want stiffer springs too. The AC comes with the low frequency Blue fronts and Pink rears, but check some of the carpet setups to see if thatís what the team tends to run.
Thanks, will check those parts out. Now also wondering, any input on tires? I mentioned the track I bought my tires from did not have any 2wd front tires or wheels. But the owner whom used to race on carpet said some guys would run 4wd front tires on standard 2wd front wheels.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Hmm, canít really help you there - but I would love to see someone knowledgeable of that approach explain how that would work. Assuming that you were to use the 2WD foam, the way I see it, the tire would basically be able to roll laterally. At best, I would imagine that this would cause the front end to wander, at worst, it might fold over and cause a traction roll... but again, Iím in unknown territory here. I do know that in some cases (when you have to much front bite), thinner front wheels/tires are available for 2WD buggies, and they typically have a lateral wedge pattern, i.e. Pro-Line Prisms or JConcepts Swaggers...

I hope the experienced carpet guys can chime in here.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

4wd tires would be way too much steering IMO. I'd experiment with ProLine carpet front tires on TLR slim wheels. In order of least to most steering, try the wedge, prism and pyramid. They also have Z3 and Z4 compounds, I think most people use Z4 on carpet, we use Z3 on Astro. Z3 is harder and longer wearing.

I've found the prism to be the best front so far, with the wedge a close second. The pyramid gave so much steering the car was hard to drive, I even cut off the outer row of pins and it was really edgy where I had to turn down my steering to 70% of the remote. I currently run Prism 2.0 rears also, with the long pin out (they are directional, be careful to glue them the same on both sides).
Old 01-08-2020, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrLean
4wd tires would be way too much steering IMO. I'd experiment with ProLine carpet front tires on TLR slim wheels. In order of least to most steering, try the wedge, prism and pyramid. They also have Z3 and Z4 compounds, I think most people use Z4 on carpet, we use Z3 on Astro. Z3 is harder and longer wearing.

I've found the prism to be the best front so far, with the wedge a close second. The pyramid gave so much steering the car was hard to drive, I even cut off the outer row of pins and it was really edgy where I had to turn down my steering to 70% of the remote. I currently run Prism 2.0 rears also, with the long pin out (they are directional, be careful to glue them the same on both sides).
I currently run the 4wd front version of the Swaggers and they work pretty good on our track (mix of black CRC and grey carpet). In the back I run Pin Downs. Some day I want to try actual 2wd front tires.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Sorry to switch gears for a sec - it seems that the stakes have been raised a bit for 2020; the new B6.2 and B6.2D made some changes in the rear to be a little more on par with the adjustments available on the Eliteís VHA rear end, not to mention a few other tweaks here and there (i.e. built-in fan mount). Looks like the hub was carried over from the B74. It should be a good, challenging year out on the tracks! That being said, I wonder if TLR has any goodies up their sleeves for the 22? *cough* easy-access diff gearbox *cough*...
Old 01-09-2020, 05:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Alternative shock shaft

Local hobby shop is out of front shock shaft, and not sure if it will be in for Saturday race, is there an alternative I can use?
Old 01-09-2020, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry to switch gears for a sec - it seems that the stakes have been raised a bit for 2020; the new B6.2 and B6.2D made some changes in the rear to be a little more on par with the adjustments available on the Eliteís VHA rear end, not to mention a few other tweaks here and there (i.e. built-in fan mount). Looks like the hub was carried over from the B74. It should be a good, challenging year out on the tracks! That being said, I wonder if TLR has any goodies up their sleeves for the 22? *cough* easy-access diff gearbox *cough*...
I noticed that the price dropped again on the 5.0AC. Is Losi going to release a new version in the near future?
Old 01-09-2020, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kufman
I noticed that the price dropped again on the 5.0AC. Is Losi going to release a new version in the near future?
All non-Elite 22 5.0 buggies, not to mention the 8ight-X, went on sale again after the New Year. Itís the same sale they had for the Fall Into Savings and for the Holidays. If I had to guess, Iíd say that the non-Elite buggies have not been selling much since the Eliteís release, simply because the value you get for just $40 more is too good to pass up. The sale price certainly makes it tempting, and you can essentially pick up a few Elite upgrades while still coming in under the original MAP.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:59 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kufman
No, nothing anytime soon. Just adjusting the price based on the sales rate versus the ELITE. This is a permanent price though, no a temporary sale.

All non-Elite 22 5.0 buggies, not to mention the 8ight-X, went on sale again after the New Year. Itís the same sale they had for the Fall Into Savings and for the Holidays. If I had to guess, Iíd say that the non-Elite buggies have not been selling much since the Eliteís release, simply because the value you get for just $40 more is too good to pass up. The sale price certainly makes it tempting, and you can essentially pick up a few Elite upgrades while still coming in under the original MAP.
This guy knows.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

On carpet, I haven't seen to much difference between the Elite and AC so I bought the AC. Works well but as mentioned above, a pain to get to the diff.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I did pick the 5.0 Elite as the best 2wd buggy in 2020. The performance and value is just ridiculous.

Sorry the 22-4 did not win best 4wd buggy...

lbckevin, imrob, MrLean and 1 others like this.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank Root

...This guy knows.
Nah, It was actually based on my reasoning as to why I chose an Elite over a DC in my case.

Pretty cool that the price drop is permanent though! Fun Fact: I also picked up an SR before the Fall into Savings event ended just in case my daughter gets interested enough that she wants to race too. I know - itís borderline obsession when youíre buying cars ďjust in caseĒ lol.
Johnoly99 likes this.

Last edited by TurnNBurn; 01-10-2020 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

5.0 AC come with sway bar.
Does it have all of them or just one front and one rear?
Old 01-12-2020, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Racing events and schedule..

Being 'relatively new' to offload, can someone point to a calendar or list of Sock Racing events coming up in the SoCal area? I know OCRC and SDRC host different events.

JConcepts Stock Nats is on my radar currently. What other events which cater to the Stock Racer should I be aware of?

Old 01-12-2020, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by fifi
5.0 AC come with sway bar.
Does it have all of them or just one front and one rear?
just comes with kit setup bars. You could order other bars as a set if you want

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.