Like Tree886Likes

TLR 22 5.0

Old 10-29-2019, 06:57 PM
  #1141  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (84)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,388
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by A_Locomotive
Quick question for anyone who has tried both. When I built my 22 elite there was the option of installing or not installing a body clip post at the front of the car. I didn't realize the rest of the body was only held on with velcro. I am wondering, how well does the body stay in place with only velcro? I havent painted or trimmed my body yet. Is it woryh disassembling the front and pulling out the clip post and going with only velcro?
I use velcro on all my cars, never had a body come off.
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Old 10-30-2019, 06:12 AM
  #1142  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 126
Default

Originally Posted by A_Locomotive
Is it woryh disassembling the front and pulling out the clip post and going with only velcro?
Yeah, you don't need the clip post. You'll have no issues using only velcro to keep the body on.
Phugazi is offline  
Old 10-30-2019, 08:19 AM
  #1143  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
Default

Sorry if I am in the wrong part of forum, new to this forum thing?
Thanks in advance for any help. Just getting back into rc racing, i have a Losi 22 2.0 mid motor.
Can someone tell me what sway bar set will work on this 2.0 mid motor?
Thanks
rfine7666 is offline  
Old 10-30-2019, 09:05 AM
  #1144  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 432
Default

Originally Posted by rfine7666
Sorry if I am in the wrong part of forum, new to this forum thing?
Thanks in advance for any help. Just getting back into rc racing, i have a Losi 22 2.0 mid motor.
Can someone tell me what sway bar set will work on this 2.0 mid motor?
Thanks
For the front of the car you can run a 22 4.0 or a 22sct front sway bar but for the rear in mid motor configuration you are going to have to get creative and make one. At least as far as I know there was not a rear sway bar until the 4.0. The 22 SCT had one for rear motor configuration.
fantomdude is offline  
Old 10-30-2019, 01:36 PM
  #1145  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
azdakota97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 344
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by A_Locomotive
Quick question for anyone who has tried both. When I built my 22 elite there was the option of installing or not installing a body clip post at the front of the car. I didn't realize the rest of the body was only held on with velcro. I am wondering, how well does the body stay in place with only velcro? I havent painted or trimmed my body yet. Is it woryh disassembling the front and pulling out the clip post and going with only velcro?
Velcro has always held solid for me. I would just suggest putting the pieces on the mud guards first and then sitting the body on to make sure that you get as much contact with the body in place as you can.
azdakota97 is offline  
Old 10-30-2019, 11:14 PM
  #1146  
mes
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,048
Default

Originally Posted by azdakota97
Velcro has always held solid for me. I would just suggest putting the pieces on the mud guards first and then sitting the body on to make sure that you get as much contact with the body in place as you can.
I prefer full-length velcro strips over the patches supplied with the kits. Maybe it is a relic from the days when we used to run on dusty tracks, but it works better for me.
azdakota97 likes this.
mes is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 11:01 AM
  #1147  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
azdakota97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 344
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mes
I prefer full-length velcro strips over the patches supplied with the kits. Maybe it is a relic from the days when we used to run on dusty tracks, but it works better for me.
Yeah, mine is currently that way as well honestly. Old habits die hard. Lol.
azdakota97 is offline  
Old 11-01-2019, 12:29 PM
  #1148  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: fairmont wv
Posts: 581
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Trail

Can someone explain the different trail settings for the front end please? I have the 5.0AC and a 22T 4.0 and am still lost on the purpose. Is it just a wheelbase setting?
dswear22 is online now  
Old 11-01-2019, 12:34 PM
  #1149  
mes
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,048
Default

Originally Posted by dswear22
Can someone explain the different trail settings for the front end please? I have the 5.0AC and a 22T 4.0 and am still lost on the purpose. Is it just a wheelbase setting?
Less trail gives you more direct/aggressive steering. On the B5M, virtually everybody only used the 4 mm trail setting and AE accordingly ditched the inserts. You might give 3 mm a try, but it may be a handful.
mes is offline  
Old 11-01-2019, 02:09 PM
  #1150  
Tech Master
 
TurnNBurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 1,809
Default

I just want to add (at least in the case of the 5.0) that in addition to trail, you can also adjust the Ackerman setting to control steering aggression. The end result in changing the steering tabs on the knuckles is the amount of the throw each provides (default AC kit setup is #5 - right in the middle)... so, you can try varying combinations of the two adjustments to control the feel of your steering.
TurnNBurn is offline  
Old 11-02-2019, 10:33 AM
  #1151  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 109
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Today is the day! My Elite is going to the track today for the first time!
azdakota97 and aaron2u like this.
A_Locomotive is offline  
Old 11-02-2019, 10:42 AM
  #1152  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 555
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Let us know how it drives with the kit setup
Losiracer12 is offline  
Old 11-02-2019, 11:42 AM
  #1153  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
SCRAFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: where its hot
Posts: 740
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Your rear tires will have more sidebite if you put them on the other direction. (switch left and right).
lbckevin and Trlmatt like this.
SCRAFAN is offline  
Old 11-02-2019, 08:24 PM
  #1154  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 109
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Losiracer12
Let us know how it drives with the kit setup
Well this is my first 2wd buggy since the RC10B2 so I am probably not the one to ask. Haha. But i really enjoyed how it drove out of the box, the sole thing I adjusted today was I dialed back the slipper a little. I plan on playing around more with adjustments on future trips.

Originally Posted by SCRAFAN
Your rear tires will have more sidebite if you put them on the other direction. (switch left and right).
That was like the second thing said to me at the track. Haha I swapped them immediately. Going to try running them the other way next time to get a feel for what exactly changes.
A_Locomotive is offline  
Old 11-02-2019, 09:48 PM
  #1155  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Chr1s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: york, pa
Posts: 234
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

You cannot rotate indoor tires. The leading breaks in and gives you more traction. If you try them in the other direction after you already ran them this way. It will be worse. Next set run them in the opposite direction.
Chr1s is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.