Like Tree265Likes

TLR 22 5.0

Old 09-08-2019, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael#81 View Post
It is basically the same rear pill system that the b6.1 uses other then the losi starts at center dot and center dot being 3* toe and 2* squat. It is easy just to leave the C block at the center dot and adjust everything from the D block because it is easier to get to. The stock dots with everything in the center is 3* of Toe and 2* of anti squat.

For an easy example If you use the .5 out center dot in the D block you are essentially only changing the toe to 3.5* and the anti-squat will stay 2*, same goes for the 1* center dot out you changed 1* from the 3* base and went to 4* of rear toe but did not change the anti-squat. Now if you moved both the C and D pills to the center 1* pill all the way in you are still at 3* toe and 2* squat you just narrowed the track width and same way for moving the center pills all the way out you would widen the track width but keep the same 3* toe and 2* squat. If you moved the pills the same in both the C&D blocks you are still you still have the stock Toe 3* and Anti-squat 2* but you are changing roll centers and track width at that point.

This pill systems not only allows you to change rear toe and anti-squat it also allows you to play with roll center and track width. It is a lot more tuning options but can be difficult to understand.
Difficult to understand for sure, but is this info really needed? I hate to call anyone out but, I see so many people with the latest chargers, tire warmers, sauce, the latest gear, etc. but can't drive at all. What's the point really?

Unless you are a Pro are you even going to notice the difference?
Slashripper likes this.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you have to ask...
Old 09-09-2019, 04:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
Difficult to understand for sure, but is this info really needed? I hate to call anyone out but, I see so many people with the latest chargers, tire warmers, sauce, the latest gear, etc. but can't drive at all. What's the point really?

Learning setup (especially the complicated concepts) takes time and people might as well start out of the gate learning setup theory, regardless of skill level. I donít buy into the belief that good setup doesnít matter at lower skill levels, because Iíve worked on the cars of people running novice and they instantly began learning at a quicker rate.
Pistol123, trf211 and xenon55 like this.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default 22 5.0 AC Thoughts

Our track is switching over to carpet (EOS). Been running the 22’s for a number of years. I have never ran on carpet and looking at the 22 5.0 AC. I like some things about the B6.1 so I’m considering it also. Would appreciate any feedback or opinions on the 22 5.0AC before I make my decision. Out of the box set-up, upgrades needed, is the VHA conversion necessary? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slider3 View Post
Our track is switching over to carpet (EOS). Been running the 22ís for a number of years. I have never ran on carpet and looking at the 22 5.0 AC. I like some things about the B6.1 so Iím considering it also. Would appreciate any feedback or opinions on the 22 5.0AC before I make my decision. Out of the box set-up, upgrades needed, is the VHA conversion necessary? Thanks in advance.
Iím considering the 5.0 too for black carpet. Do you get the elite or the ac?
Old 09-09-2019, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (98%+)

Originally Posted by shark2288 View Post

Iím considering the 5.0 too for black carpet. Do you get the elite or the ac?
I would get the elite and then add the gear diff and sway bars
Old 09-09-2019, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by purplerain View Post

Learning setup (especially the complicated concepts) takes time and people might as well start out of the gate learning setup theory, regardless of skill level. I don’t buy into the belief that good setup doesn’t matter at lower skill levels, because I’ve worked on the cars of people running novice and they instantly began learning at a quicker rate.

For the most part I agree. To learn setup is a tedious process. I still don't have it figured out and I've been doing this on and off for years. If I add 1mm here or take away 1mm there for the most part I can't tell the difference. I am not that good that the subtle nuances stand out to me. But I do agree a well set up car will make for a driver better. My grandkids are getting into the hobby and slowly learning setup and maintenance. They don't understand what each adjustment does yet but they drive better when the vehicle is properly set up. They just don't know why they are driving better and that is all part of the process.

For example, having a high end charger so you can pull every last ounce out of your battery makes sense if you are competing with experts in a stock race. Even the most minor advantage over the next person can mean victory or defeat. But is all that tech really necessary for a novice? What's the point of using sauce and tire warmers if you don't have throttle control?

To each their own I guess, but I still chuckle when I visit a track, look around the pits and see all the latest and the greatest but most can't even finish a clean lap without crashing.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

I've seen a chart for the pills and asso.
Would be nice to have the same one for our 22.
Easier for everyone to understand 🤔
Old 09-09-2019, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post

Absolutely it is needed. Toe and anti squat are 2 main adjustments on the rear end of the car. The roll center and track width changes most will not feel but I guarantee if you go from the stock 3* rear toe and change it to 2* toe or 4* toe you will notice a huge difference in how the car drives. I agree a lot of people buy the latest and greatest stuff and cant drive to save their lives. They should be spending that money practicing and just making changes to the car to see what they actually do. I am not a pro by no means but I can tell when I make a change to my car what it did and know the changes to make to achieve what I am looking for.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

My TLR 22-5.0 Elite is ready for the track. Will race it on a dirt track first see a if it's better than my dialed B6.1
Old 09-10-2019, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Are the pills really that hard?

Go steeper (higher front or lower rear) to increase anti-squat.
Go more pointed in (narrower front or wider rear) to increase rear toe.

Both wider to go wider track width.
Both up to raise roll center.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

who races here on real dirt...outdoor?
Old 09-11-2019, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

outdoor dirt here but our track is always grooved and well prepped
Old 09-12-2019, 08:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Outdoor, real dirt, real roost, real fun!

purplemonkey, Phillip F and dtr like this.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Real dirt

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service