Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Losi Chaser

TLR334060
Thanks Bro, appreciate that!
Old 04-17-2019, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phugazi
Ugh...so I just got the carbon front(TLR334061) and rear(TLR334059) +2mm towers in from Horizon for my 5.0AC buildup. I also just realized that the rear doesn't fit the stock tower piece. Researching online, I see there is a conversion kit (TLR334056) for the rear that includes the carbon piece and the tower base it mounts to. My question is, since I already have the rear shock tower, is there a part number for just the tower base? Or do I have to bit the bullet and buy the conversion kit to get the base?
I'm guessing the conversion kit doesn't have the +2 tower, so your way is probably better (buying +2 tower and base separately).

Also make sure your rear wing is raised a little when using the +2 tower, else the rear tires might hit the wing.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Looks like the tower is included... https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?I=LXKRTY&P=7
Old 04-17-2019, 08:11 PM
Tech Initiate

I also just fell into getting the +2mm carbon towers without the correct rear tower base. Also - I read that using the +2mm towers....you're supposed to lengthen the shocks, can you do that by using the optional shock ends or something else? I see the setup sheets show that Frank Root extends his front and rear stroke by 2.5mm.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Would it be a worthwhile upgrade to run the 22 5.0 front hubs and spindles on the 22 4.0, using the 22 4.0 bell cranks?

Also does anyone know if the +2mm carbon front shock tower fits on the 22 4.0?

Many thanks,
Old 04-18-2019, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CMadsen_24
I also just fell into getting the +2mm carbon towers without the correct rear tower base. Also - I read that using the +2mm towers....you're supposed to lengthen the shocks, can you do that by using the optional shock ends or something else? I see the setup sheets show that Frank Root extends his front and rear stroke by 2.5mm.
Yeah, I'm building my AC car now based off Frank's setup sheet so when I built the shocks, I extended the strokes to match using the upgraded towers. To follow up on what the OP noted, in one of the comments sections on his setup sheet, he mentions raising up the wing to compensate as well.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Phugazi
Yeah, I'm building my AC car now based off Frank's setup sheet so when I built the shocks, I extended the strokes to match using the upgraded towers. To follow up on what the OP noted, in one of the comments sections on his setup sheet, he mentions raising up the wing to compensate as well.
I tried Frank's Carpet setup but was a little underwhelmed. It was a stable setup, very predictable but has a significant amount of understeer compared to my previous setup I need to invest in a fresh set of tires and I will test it again when I do to see if it is just the tires.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Djr8505
I tried Frank's Carpet setup but was a little underwhelmed. It was a stable setup, very predictable but has a significant amount of understeer compared to my previous setup I need to invest in a fresh set of tires and I will test it again when I do to see if it is just the tires.
Was your previous the stock Astro/Carpet setup or something else?
Old 04-18-2019, 01:51 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Djr8505
What tires are you running, and what type of carpet? Also, did you follow it 100%, or just closely? If so, what are the differences?
Old 04-18-2019, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Frank....can you post your setup along with Barry Baker's +2 setup for OCRC ?
Old 04-19-2019, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Here is a copy of my most recent setup from before I tried to change. I do admit that I do not have the carbon towers or sway bars.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
225.0 ROC RC.pdf (956.5 KB, 88 views)
Old 04-22-2019, 08:51 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Frank....can you post your setup along with Barry Baker's +2 setup for OCRC ?
It's posted up on the site. Here is the link - http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...%2002.2019.pdf

I'm not sure about Barry's.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Frank, Couple questions with the setup.
1. I notice your running the soft mud guards, is that for flex and is the team using the different mudguards for tuning for tracks?
2. Also your running a rear ballast weight vs battery weight plate, when do you use one vs the other?

Thanks
Old 04-25-2019, 09:39 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by dbracn
Frank, Couple questions with the setup.
1. I notice your running the soft mud guards, is that for flex and is the team using the different mudguards for tuning for tracks?
2. Also your running a rear ballast weight vs battery weight plate, when do you use one vs the other?

Thanks
1. The kit comes with SFT (soft) mudguards, and I've generally preferred those in testing. I admittedly haven't retested stiffezel guards recently. Some drivers are liking them though, so I'd say they're worth a try.
2. As the grip comes up, I generally move the weight forward in the car, removing the brass C block and going to the weight under the battery. I also tend to increase total weight as the grip increases.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Frank Root
1. The kit comes with SFT (soft) mudguards, and I've generally preferred those in testing. I admittedly haven't retested stiffezel guards recently. Some drivers are liking them though, so I'd say they're worth a try.
2. As the grip comes up, I generally move the weight forward in the car, removing the brass C block and going to the weight under the battery. I also tend to increase total weight as the grip increases.
Hey Frank,
About your setup, what does adding the +2mm shock tower and then increasing the shock stroke by 2mm do for you. This is very confusing, as it seems like they offset each other outside of raising the CG a tiny bit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.