Like Tree879Likes

TLR 22 5.0

Old 11-14-2023, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
Trying to do the front end mod, I did buy the vision aluminum caster blocks. Installed them, but am I supposed to use the sct3.0 front axles or stock 5.0 axles. Another question when doing the mod by cutting the stock caster block, which I've done it seems I can not get the toe set correctly. I'm running out of turnbuckle length before I get the proper toe. Any suggestions?
A bench grinder can easily remove about 3 threads from either end... good to go.
SCRAFAN likes this.
Old 11-14-2023, 01:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Front end mod axle

You can use the 22S front axle (LOS232044) and a 4mm axle hex (TLR232111). Gets you the same offset as the SCT axle.

edit: you might also need TLR232002 if you go that route.
Old 11-18-2023, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I borrowed an idea from the still-proving-to-be-ahead-of-its-time DEX210. 0į rear toe, 248mm track width, stock rear arms, stock C-Block. Total cost, $0.02 worth of plastic. I call it the VHAT -3į Insert. Since it's completely enclosed within the hub there should be no risk of it breaking.

Pistol123 likes this.
Old 12-06-2023, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Looking for a Losi alum plus 4 chassis. Anyone have one or trade me I have a vision plus 7 chassis
Old 12-06-2023, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Where can I get some front arms right now? TLR234095, seems to be on back order everywhere I look and not much on ebay as well.
Old 12-06-2023, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just bought a set from a random online hobby shop I found but I must have gotten really lucky because now they're out of stock on that site, too.

man, what the heck is going on with TLR/Horizon? This is bad. The last company I can think where something like this happened with parts support drying up was Durango. Not good. I know this is probably more incompetence than anything else, but the cynic in me wonders if they're intentionally letting spare parts support dry up for the 5.0 before introducing a new car with all new parts as a way to force people to buy the new car.
Old 12-10-2023, 02:16 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
I just bought a set from a random online hobby shop I found but I must have gotten really lucky because now they're out of stock on that site, too.

man, what the heck is going on with TLR/Horizon? This is bad. The last company I can think where something like this happened with parts support drying up was Durango. Not good. I know this is probably more incompetence than anything else, but the cynic in me wonders if they're intentionally letting spare parts support dry up for the 5.0 before introducing a new car with all new parts as a way to force people to buy the new car.
While I do hope there's a new 2WD around the corner (which would be a basis for new truck kits...) I doubt they have any interest in drying up parts supply for the celebrated 22 5.0. Most customers would more likely rather switch brands than buying the next product of a company they feel let them down with the last one. It's probably supply issues from their vendors or even raw materials, or maybe it's due to different priorities based on economic decisions. As much as I think the Promoto MX is a cool product, I doubt it was good for the 1/10th scale program, considering that Frank Root was heavily involved in development. Whatever the reason, maybe parts are already on the slow boat as I'm typing.
Old 12-10-2023, 07:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC10Nick

The parts situation right now is embarrassing. No front arms, no diff rebuild kits, no G3 front shock shafts, no G3 shock seal kits, and no front bulkheads. Iím one blown shock away from hanging this car up.
kjohnsiii likes this.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Any news when they have new 2WD? B7, schumacher, XB2 have already new. I love my my 22X4 and wish they have a new 2WD buggy too so will carried same brand instead getting the new B7
Old 01-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raved007
Any news when they have new 2WD? B7, schumacher, XB2 have already new. I love my my 22X4 and wish they have a new 2WD buggy too so will carried same brand instead getting the new B7
Literally every single brand of 1/10 2wd buggy has been updated since TLR released the 5.0.. Most of them multiple times. They donít care about the B7, Iím certain of it.
ChocoTaco73 likes this.
Old 01-02-2024, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

3 weeks
Old 01-02-2024, 07:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bcollins82
Literally every single brand of 1/10 2wd buggy has been updated since TLR released the 5.0.. Most of them multiple times. They donít care about the B7, Iím certain of it.
horizon brand is just a basher company now, they donít care about their race program, their top factory driver doesnít even use their own radio system anymore. Really shows the dedication to keeping up, or keeping parts for the one I have in stock.
Bcollins82 likes this.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kaspurr84
horizon brand is just a basher company now, they donít care about their race program
Fields a race team that, amongst other titles and championships, are the reigning 2w 1/10 offroad ROAR and IFMAR World champions (the later event having taken place, in what, September?). I guess a lot has changed in 90'ish days.

Originally Posted by Kaspurr84
their top factory driver doesnít even use their own radio system anymore.
You mean like Rivkin running Hobbywing/Savox/Protek or Ongaro running Hobbywing/Sanwa/Sunpadow? That TT/AE stuff must be terrible if the brand's top factory drivers don't even use their own electronics anymore.
Kaspurr84 likes this.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gee-dub
Fields a race team that, amongst other titles and championships, are the reigning 2w 1/10 offroad ROAR and IFMAR World champions (the later event having taken place, in what, September?). I guess a lot has changed in 90'ish days.

You mean like Rivkin running Hobbywing/Savox/Protek or Ongaro running Hobbywing/Sanwa/Sunpadow? That TT/AE stuff must be terrible if the brand's top factory drivers don't even use their own electronics anymore.
the best

Last edited by Kaspurr84; 01-02-2024 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-02-2024, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

Thaaats a lot of generalizing. Calling the ROAR champ a 22 5.0, is like calling Joan Rivers naturally beautiful. Phends ROAR Nats car had a bunch of prototype parts, most notably the TLR Branded 13mm shocks, that have still never seen the light of day outside of his car. And Tater's iFMAR Worlds car, had a front end that was mostly AE Parts. And just about everyone on the team is running a car that is so hacked up, modified, tweaked, and kit bashed together, it can hardly be called a TLR 22 anymore, let alone a "22 5.0". At this point, if you want a decent TLR race car, its cheaper to just buy the hop up parts, and a chassis, then buy a kit and try to upgrade it.

There are plenty of AE Factory Drivers that still run Reedy. The fact that big name drivers like to spread themselves around to different brands to bring in some more money for themselves, is not surprising. That being said, Phed was contractually obligated to continue running the Spektrum Radio. At one point he even ran a M123 at a couple of carpet events, with some of ProPerformance RC Servos in SSR mode. And he got a slap on the wrist to go back to the DX5R. There was even a rumor and some pictures floating around that he DX5R might have just been an M12 in a DX5R case, and the Spektrum receiver case with Sanwa RX-482 guts in it. But its not as if Phend was running the Spektrum stuff because he liked it, he was running it because he was obligated to. I dont think any of the top AE guys would be mad running any Reedy electronics whatsoever, i guarantee if you hand any top driver a Spektrum Radio, and they will hate you for life.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.