Like Tree723Likes

TLR 22 5.0

Old 11-24-2022, 07:44 AM
Tech Rookie

So I am getting can into racing after a 20 year layoff. I picked up a used 5.0 Elite to get started with. What are the common wear item i should go through the car and replace to get me through the race season? The car has been run exclusively on packed clay tracks, and my local track is also packed clay.
Old 11-24-2022, 10:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C_alan View Post
So I am getting can into racing after a 20 year layoff. I picked up a used 5.0 Elite to get started with. What are the common wear item i should go through the car and replace to get me through the race season? The car has been run exclusively on packed clay tracks, and my local track is also packed clay.
I’d probably start with grabbing new shock x-rings, fresh diff rings, balls, and thrust bearings, new ball cups, slipper pads (not likely needed but wouldn’t hurt), and maybe a fresh spur gear