Like Tree833Likes

TLR 22 5.0

Old 04-07-2022, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevmaro
Hey guys, I have my kit finished and I am wiring electronics today. Should I put the ESC on the right side or left side? I weighed the car and left rear weighs more than right rear, but right front weighs more than left front. What's better for balance, or does it matter?
Remember that left-right balance is NOT the only one that matters...frint-rear balance is also important. No matter which you go with, you ARE going to have to add weights to balance out the left-right. As such, concentrate on the front-rear balance, and install the ESC in the position that gives the best front-rear balance.

Another thing to consider in all this is that you should be weighing the buggy with EVERYTHING in-place...ie. motor, ESC, receiver, painted body, and battery. ONLY with everything in place can you accurately determine front-rear & left-right weight bias...and, only then can you determine where, exactly, each item needs to go. With the buggy (this applies to all vehicles) testing on a 4-corner weight system, with the motor & battery in place, position the ESC & Rx where you think they should be, place the body in its proper position, and check the front-rear & left-right balance. Then adjust as needed, and recheck balance. Keep repeating until you get as close to a 50-50 left-right. This might also involve placing (but NOT yet adhering) small weights. Once you have your left-right balanced, then start adjusting, so as to achieve your desired front-rear bias.
Old 04-07-2022, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

Also keep in mind that weight balance can also be greatly effected by the precision with which your shocks are built. Uneven shocks, or spring preload, can greatly effect corner weighting. You can actually add additional spring pre-load to the corner of a car to "jack" the weight of the car where you want it. You can even preload one side of a sway bar stiffer than another, and get a jacking effect as well. This is something common in drag racing to combat torque steer on launch. So it is far more than just the positional location of components on the chassis that can dictate lateral or longitudinal weight bias.
Rcdad42 likes this.
Old 04-11-2022, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pistol123
That's the official view, but I saw a post a couple of pages back where people are using the outer hole of the hub and the inner hole on the wishbone - it requires a bit of dremelling but allows the use of ae offset front wheels.
TLR 22 5.0
Iíve been looking for this mod and couldnít find it 😁😁, thanks.

Is there a mod so you can fit the AE/Schumacher rear wheels on the 22 5.0

Old 04-11-2022, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

It's on page 149. Post 2221.
Old 04-12-2022, 03:42 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ross71

Is there a mod so you can fit the AE/Schumacher rear wheels on the 22 5.0
There has been a running change, no problem with the new rear axles.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mes
There has been a running change, no problem with the new rear axles.
when I fit Schumacher wheels I have the non threaded part of the drive shaft poking through the rim.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:11 PM
mes
Tech Elite

when I fit Schumacher wheels I have the non threaded part of the drive shaft poking through the rim.
In this case you probably have the old parts. I built a DCE for a friend a few weeks ago and it accepted the AE style Jconcepts wheels without any issues, and another friend bought the VHA rear end conversion kit earlier this year and had the same new axles.
Old 04-13-2022, 03:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mes
In this case you probably have the old parts. I built a DCE for a friend a few weeks ago and it accepted the AE style Jconcepts wheels without any issues, and another friend bought the VHA rear end conversion kit earlier this year and had the same new axles.
yeah mine is an early kit. What parts are needed for the rear end. Can I get away with hubs and drive shafts ?

thanks
Old 04-13-2022, 05:06 AM
mes
Tech Elite

yeah mine is an early kit. What parts are needed for the rear end. Can I get away with hubs and drive shafts ?

thanks
If you have the Elite, you should be fine with some new version stub axles, same part number. In the case of an AC or DC, you might have to go for the TLR334069 conversion kit, but I am not sure what axles were used on the original cars, never had one of these.
Old 04-13-2022, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mes
If you have the Elite, you should be fine with some new version stub axles, same part number. In the case of an AC or DC, you might have to go for the TLR334069 conversion kit, but I am not sure what axles were used on the original cars, never had one of these.
Yeah mines the AC. Iíll have a look at the part numbers for the hubs and shafts and see whatís different.

thanks for your help 👍🏻👍🏻
mes likes this.
Old 04-13-2022, 09:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Odd, I used the VHD conversion on my AC and when using the JC AE Mono rear wheel I had the same issue. I had AE 7mm hexes laying around and threw those on to clear it up.
Old 04-13-2022, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco73
Odd, I used the VHD conversion on my AC and when using the JC AE Mono rear wheel I had the same issue. I had AE 7mm hexes laying around and threw those on to clear it up.
I need about 1mm from memory, and Iím sure I have some AE 7mm hexes at home. Iím away until Friday, Iíll check when I get back 👍🏻👍🏻
Old 04-13-2022, 12:36 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco73
Maybe you bought the conversion kit before the running change? My early Elite kit and a friend's conversion at the same time had the issue, this year's versions did not.
Old 04-13-2022, 12:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I bought it just over a month ago after our local track got in a bunch after being backordered forever. Dunno, but eyeballing it at the track it seemed the Mono wheels narrowed the track just slightly (compared to TLR wheels), 1mm or so per side so the extra width in the hexes actually worked out. Plus if you're looking to save every gram the Mono wheels are 5 grams a piece lighter than the TLRs.
Old 04-18-2022, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hopefully someone can help with this - the TLR 25T clamping aluminum servo horn is out of stock pretty much everywhere. Does anyone know if either: 1) the older TLR 22 non-clamping horns fit or, 2) the Exotek 22 clamping horns fits?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.