Originally Posted by Dmill78
Any word on the 22 6.0 coming out?
Insert obligatory "2 weeks" here.
Old 01-20-2022, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dmill78
Any word on the 22 6.0 coming out?
never. the official word is since dakotah is still winning all the races why do they need a new car. makes no sense to me. maybe horizon is so rich they just don't need anymore money.
Old 01-20-2022, 10:50 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by walter white
never. the official word is since dakotah is still winning all the races why do they need a new car. makes no sense to me. maybe horizon is so rich they just don't need anymore money.
Is that so? Has there been any official statement aside from "TLR is always working in new projects"?
From a chronological point of view the 8ightX 2.0 would be next.
Don't get me wrong, I am annoyed by Horizon's information policy as well and would love to know when the next 2WD is coming, but if they and their vendors and retailers still have the old product in the shelves, I can fully understand that they are not announcing "it is coming out in two weeks, forget about the current one!"

If there has been such an official statement, please let us know where and when it was published. This might be quite interesting for decision-making in either direction.
Old 01-21-2022, 02:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Car is getting beat regularly at big races. Tom leaves TLR, borrows an Xray, and obliterates the field at CRCRCÖincluding Dakotah
raved007 likes this.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:56 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Smith90
Car is getting beat regularly at big races. Tom leaves TLR, borrows an Xray, and obliterates the field at CRCRCÖincluding Dakotah
I doubt that TR leaving TLR due to work obligations and succeeding with a borrowed car has anything to do with DPs result at CRCRC. However, the amount of modifications run even by the Team clearly show that the car is beyond its prime and ready for its well deserved retirement. I am positive they have something in the pipeline, the only question is when they are allotted the required resources.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:34 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
Is that so? Has there been any official statement aside from "TLR is always working in new projects"?
From a chronological point of view the 8ightX 2.0 would be next.
Don't get me wrong, I am annoyed by Horizon's information policy as well and would love to know when the next 2WD is coming, but if they and their vendors and retailers still have the old product in the shelves, I can fully understand that they are not announcing "it is coming out in two weeks, forget about the current one!"

If there has been such an official statement, please let us know where and when it was published. This might be quite interesting for decision-making in either direction.
No, no such statement exists.
Rick Vessell, mes and Pistol123 like this.
Old 01-21-2022, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Frank!!!!! Welcome back to the forums 😀
Old 01-23-2022, 11:02 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank Root
I'm always working on new stuff for TLR.... good things coming in 2021 and 2022 for TLR for sure.
The Internet does not forget!
I think I'm going to hold my breath and spend my time overhauling and setting up my new club's original 22 buggies. They may not be the fastest, but witnessing the smile they put on the juniors' faces is priceless.
Old 01-23-2022, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
No, no such statement exists.
Did Dakotas setup ever get posted from the '21 Florida Carpet Champs?
Old 01-23-2022, 01:29 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MDawson
Did Dakotas setup ever get posted from the '21 Florida Carpet Champs?
http://tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Files/2...achline-RC.pdf
MDawson likes this.
Old 01-23-2022, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Itís been pretty well documented that updating the buggy to perform better on carpet has been on the top of Frankís wishlist for a while now. That being said, AE typically updates 3 or 4 parts, puts it all in a box, and slaps a ď+.1Ē on the boxÖ I wonder if TOR is contemplating the same?

from what Iíve seen, the mods team drivers have been seen doing kind of equate to little tweaks here and there. Iíve said it a few times here already, but I personally think the buggy doesnít need a complete overhaul, so a ď6.0Ē is def not needed - heck, the biggest thing I can see happening is an easy access diff, but you donít need a ď6.0Ē for that. Call it a 5.1, or just call it a 22X to align with the rest of the stableÖ I just hope that the 5.0 is upgradable to whatever comes next.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
Itís been pretty well documented that updating the buggy to perform better on carpet has been on the top of Frankís wishlist for a while now. That being said, AE typically updates 3 or 4 parts, puts it all in a box, and slaps a ď+.1Ē on the boxÖ I wonder if TOR is contemplating the same?

from what Iíve seen, the mods team drivers have been seen doing kind of equate to little tweaks here and there. Iíve said it a few times here already, but I personally think the buggy doesnít need a complete overhaul, so a ď6.0Ē is def not needed - heck, the biggest thing I can see happening is an easy access diff, but you donít need a ď6.0Ē for that. Call it a 5.1, or just call it a 22X to align with the rest of the stableÖ I just hope that the 5.0 is upgradable to whatever comes next.
I canít imagine the next release not getting a complete revamp. Right now to get the elite car good on carpet and follow the setup sheets you have to add a front front sway bar, then buy a rear mount and 22x-4 rear mount sway bar, toss the factory rear arms and add 22x-4 rear arms that have a ton of material ground off of them, toss the factory axles and install AE 69mmís instead, add a gear diff, grind off the ends of the front arms, throw away the factory caster blocks, buy 0* caster blocks that arenít available anywhere, add SCT axles that arenít available anywhere, run AE offset front wheels, add soft mud guards, add thin pistons to the new shock bodies youíve got to buy to convert to the 3mm shafts, along with the domed caps, along with more Iím sure Iím forgetting, then if you want a quick access diff add another $90 for a transmission case from AZ Mechanics. To say the current car is great out of the box and only needs minor tweaks is sticking your head in the sand. This isnít a 3 or 4 part update in any way.

For anyone counting, thatís around $390 extra on top of buying your $420 elite to get it carpet ready and updated to modern setup sheets, with a quick access diff.
mes likes this.

Last edited by Bcollins82; 01-23-2022 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-24-2022, 01:34 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bcollins82
I canít imagine the next release not getting a complete revamp. Right now to get the elite car good on carpet and follow the setup sheets you have to add a front front sway bar, then buy a rear mount and 22x-4 rear mount sway bar, toss the factory rear arms and add 22x-4 rear arms that have a ton of material ground off of them, toss the factory axles and install AE 69mmís instead, add a gear diff, grind off the ends of the front arms, throw away the factory caster blocks, buy 0* caster blocks that arenít available anywhere, add SCT axles that arenít available anywhere, run AE offset front wheels, add soft mud guards, add thin pistons to the new shock bodies youíve got to buy to convert to the 3mm shafts, along with the domed caps, along with more Iím sure Iím forgetting, then if you want a quick access diff add another $90 for a transmission case from AZ Mechanics. To say the current car is great out of the box and only needs minor tweaks is sticking your head in the sand. This isnít a 3 or 4 part update in any way.

For anyone counting, thatís around $390 extra on top of buying your $420 elite to get it carpet ready and updated to modern setup sheets, with a quick access diff.
Add a different length chassis as tested and possibly used by the Team and maybe finer VLA adjustments as mentioned in various live videos and we are getting there... 😉
Bcollins82 likes this.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bcollins82

this is why i bought an xray for carpet lol.
but to be fair, it looks like most of the team guys run alot of those mods on all the high grip surfaces.
a few of the new setups posted to petitrc have the 22x4 rear arms and 0 degree blocks as well.
do you happen to know which AE axles work for the rear? thats what has kept me from doing the 22x4 rear arms as i dont have any of the x68 bones.
Old 01-24-2022, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ray4624
this is why i bought an xray for carpet lol.
but to be fair, it looks like most of the team guys run alot of those mods on all the high grip surfaces.
a few of the new setups posted to petitrc have the 22x4 rear arms and 0 degree blocks as well.
do you happen to know which AE axles work for the rear? thats what has kept me from doing the 22x4 rear arms as i dont have any of the x68 bones.
The bones are ASC91860 At least I think thatís it? Itís the set I have on the way since my 68s wonít stay in when I crash. Lol And yes, a lot of that stuff is being run on clay too. Unless Iím mistaken, all the parts mentioned besides the sway bars and gear diff.
ray4624 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.