Like Tree892Likes

TLR 22 5.0

Old 12-30-2021, 04:32 AM
  #2296  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,005
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by silence360
Most of the 22 5.0 models have been discontinued, is a new car around the corner?
hopefully but all the models are still in stock on Amain/ Horizon……Elite, AC, DC Roller
dogbone418 is offline  
Old 12-30-2021, 05:43 AM
  #2297  
Tech Adept
 
Mustrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 175
Default

Originally Posted by silence360
Most of the 22 5.0 models have been discontinued, is a new car around the corner?
I guess something is in the work, especially on the front end, wheels are different of stock ones, so a new IFMAR wheel compatible offset..?
Have a look at Ryan Harris last video…
Mustrum is offline  
Old 12-30-2021, 09:53 AM
  #2298  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,600
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Hopefully in the next 2 months we will see something, from what a local hobby shop owner is telling me.
Evoking1230 is offline  
Old 12-31-2021, 07:48 AM
  #2299  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Overseas
Posts: 823
Default

Originally Posted by Mustrum
I guess something is in the work, especially on the front end, wheels are different of stock ones, so a new IFMAR wheel compatible offset..?
Have a look at Ryan Harris last video…
I watched his last video with him running a carpet race but he didn't mention anything that seemed new.
silence360 is offline  
Old 12-31-2021, 08:03 AM
  #2300  
Tech Adept
 
Mustrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 175
Default

Originally Posted by silence360
I watched his last video with him running a carpet race but he didn't mention anything that seemed new.
I guess he wasn’t allowed to speak about.
Mustrum is offline  
Old 01-05-2022, 06:27 AM
  #2301  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Overseas
Posts: 823
Default

I downloaded the comparison sheet and the ELITE has combo of composite and front tail inserts, what part exactly is this front tail insert?
silence360 is offline  
Old 01-05-2022, 07:28 AM
  #2302  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
nrtv20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 1,030
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

FYI, 22 5.0 AC has been discontinued. The DC roller and Elite are still available.
nrtv20 is offline  
Old 01-05-2022, 09:36 AM
  #2303  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,600
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

the question is do we wait for a new release or get the DC roller or Elite (well my predicament really for carpet)
RBLove likes this.
Evoking1230 is offline  
Old 01-05-2022, 10:44 AM
  #2304  
mes
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,048
Default

Originally Posted by Evoking1230
the question is do we wait for a new release or get the DC roller or Elite (well my predicament really for carpet)
I am in the same boat. As it is, the DC Roller has never been imported by Horizon Hobby Europe and the DC Elite has been out of stock for a while. Hopefully there will be something carpet specific available by April or so; this is when I hope to race again.
mes is offline  
Old 01-05-2022, 06:17 PM
  #2305  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 571
Default

Does anyone have pictures of a modified 22X-4 Rear Arm on a 5.0?

I swear there were comparison pictures in this thread previously, and I can't find any information on how exactly to modify them anywhere.
BigBuckORamma is offline  
Old 01-05-2022, 06:33 PM
  #2306  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Indy
Posts: 1,498
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BigBuckORamma
Does anyone have pictures of a modified 22X-4 Rear Arm on a 5.0?

I swear there were comparison pictures in this thread previously, and I can't find any information on how exactly to modify them anywhere.
Not much of a change, just shave off the front of the arm, space the shock end 4MM out. The arm is 1MM longer so most run the 68X dogbone.
AxiomJacob is offline  
Old 01-05-2022, 08:05 PM
  #2307  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 571
Default

Originally Posted by AxiomJacob
Not much of a change, just shave off the front of the arm, space the shock end 4MM out. The arm is 1MM longer so most run the 68X dogbone.
Do I need to sand off the rear "nub" of the arm as well, where the hinge pin goes?

Because if i leave the back nub there (working purely from the width of the stock arm aligning the VHA hub locations), the stock arm doesnt have nearly as pronounced of a numb, the material i would need to remove from the front of the arm would leave almost none of the front beam there. So i am a little worried to just start hacking away without a reference.

EDIT: OK, i think i see the error of my ways.

I was looking to make the whole arm the same width as the 5.0 VHA arm. But all i need to do, is create an L shaped notch at the shoulder of the front hinge, so that the total width in the hinge pin location is the same as the 5.0 VHA arm. And by notching that shoulder there is plenty of materiel left on the arm.

Sometimes you just have to stare at something long enough for it to make sense. Hopefully i will have enough posts soon, that i can post pictures.

Last edited by BigBuckORamma; 01-05-2022 at 08:43 PM.
BigBuckORamma is offline  
Old 01-06-2022, 05:45 AM
  #2308  
Tech Master
iTrader: (27)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Indy
Posts: 1,498
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BigBuckORamma
Do I need to sand off the rear "nub" of the arm as well, where the hinge pin goes?

Because if i leave the back nub there (working purely from the width of the stock arm aligning the VHA hub locations), the stock arm doesnt have nearly as pronounced of a numb, the material i would need to remove from the front of the arm would leave almost none of the front beam there. So i am a little worried to just start hacking away without a reference.

EDIT: OK, i think i see the error of my ways.

I was looking to make the whole arm the same width as the 5.0 VHA arm. But all i need to do, is create an L shaped notch at the shoulder of the front hinge, so that the total width in the hinge pin location is the same as the 5.0 VHA arm. And by notching that shoulder there is plenty of materiel left on the arm.

Sometimes you just have to stare at something long enough for it to make sense. Hopefully i will have enough posts soon, that i can post pictures.

Yea you have to shave that then the stock hinge pin will work. If you want to add the swaybar, you'll have to drill your own holes. It does require a bit of test fitting to make sure when you shave the arm touching the C block, you can still have full movement of the arm.
AxiomJacob is offline  
Old 01-06-2022, 10:13 PM
  #2309  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 571
Default

Originally Posted by AxiomJacob
Yea you have to shave that then the stock hinge pin will work. If you want to add the swaybar, you'll have to drill your own holes. It does require a bit of test fitting to make sure when you shave the arm touching the C block, you can still have full movement of the arm.
So i DO need to remove the hinge pin nub that touches the D-Block, making the rear of the arm flush? Or should i just shave it down enough to match the nub of the 5.0 VHA arm?

I also assumed that i would have to do some finagling to get the C block to fit right without any movement binding.

I find it strange that for as much as this modification is used by the factory drivers, and people talk about it everywhere, that there are no pictures or guides on how to do it.
BigBuckORamma is offline  
Old 01-07-2022, 07:55 AM
  #2310  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Mass.
Posts: 363
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BigBuckORamma
So i DO need to remove the hinge pin nub that touches the D-Block, making the rear of the arm flush? Or should i just shave it down enough to match the nub of the 5.0 VHA arm?

I also assumed that i would have to do some finagling to get the C block to fit right without any movement binding.

I find it strange that for as much as this modification is used by the factory drivers, and people talk about it everywhere, that there are no pictures or guides on how to do it.
22 empire group on facebook has alot of info on it.
i tried it and realized id def need the 68 bones so went back to stock.
ray4624 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.