Like Tree886Likes

TLR 22 5.0

Old 11-23-2021, 06:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Evoking1230
Comparing the AC kit setup to prep an Elite for carpet, looks like you need some weight up front as well and CVA's are different lengths, unless theres a typo. This is aside from springs, pistons, sways and gear diff. lol

B6.3 it is!

Just wanted to keep it in the family lol
i just want to throw my 2 cents into the ring here
ive been using a AC with kit setup for around a year and it has been a great car...im still new to rc racing so i blame my driving more than the car setup.
i went through a phase where i wanted to upgrade my car to an Elite so i asked the guy who dominates most of our races and turns out hes running a AC too.
i believe he said all he changed was the C&D block to the elite ones for a little more rear end adjustability
Evoking1230 likes this.

Last edited by boostedLoso; 11-23-2021 at 07:00 AM. Reason: forgot to quote
Old 11-23-2021, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boostedLoso
ive been using a AC with kit setup for around a year and it has been a great car...im still new to rc racing so i blame my driving more than the car setup.
i went through a phase where i wanted to upgrade my car to an Elite so i asked the guy who dominates most of our races and turns out hes running a AC too.
i believe he said all he changed was the C&D block to the elite ones for a little more rear end adjustability
you guys are killing me.

my OCD wants me to keep the TLR brand and not run multiple brands across different scales but I feel the AC is also a bit outdated. They may or may not release a new carpet car, although it seems the Elite is mopping up at the races.

Hmmmm, just C&D blocks huh? ....now you got me thinking.
Old 11-23-2021, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
Keep in mind that since the Elite is a DC car, so aside from the gear diff and carpet front wheels, youíll also need the appropriate springs (and oil) for your carpet setup, the front and rear rollbar kits, and MAYBE a set of the 3.0 shocks (the Elite comes with the 3.5ís), if thatís what people prefer on carpet. So yeah, it might be a bit pricey to convert an Elite for carpet, but at least you also get the Elite C and D blocks, not to mention the VHA rear. Those parts on their own could end up costing you $100 easy, and youíd have to buy the Roll Bar kits anyway, because the AC only comes with the roll bars for the base setup. The Elite really is the best deal considering what you get in the box (which is why they discontinued the DC), so if you see yourself racing on dirt someday, itís not a bad decision either way.

As for a new carpet car, I honestly donít think they need to bring out a totally new buggy. As I have said before, they could do with a 5.1, or call it a a 22X if they want to keep the theme going. Thise changes for carpet that Frank has been talking about, the V2 shock package (with the thin pistons), molded domed shock caps, an easy access diff gearbox, and maybe some optional rear arms to work whatever magic the modded 22X-4 arms seem to be doing for some peopleÖ What else does the buggy need? My only other pet peeve would be to possibly give us a little more room around the front bulkhead braces to get that servo in and out easier, lol.
this is true and I'm not one to be with the fad that I have to have the latest and greatest, but it should be newer. I'm calling it, whether I go TLR or AE for the carpet car, someone's announcing something lol.

2 weeks!
Old 11-23-2021, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Can you or anyone else confirm all thats needed is the C/D blocks? The thought actually crossed my mind a while back as I wanted maximum adjustability that the Elite has but it costs a bit too much to convert the Elite to carpet. If I can get away with just the C/D blocks, I'm game!
Old 11-23-2021, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

what springs and sways do y'all recommend to get for carpet racing for the AC, besides the kit ones :-P
Old 11-23-2021, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

AE Yellow/red front and Blue rears.

I believe the AC car could also use the aluminum steering rack.

Either way with the TLR or AE car you need the brass/steel front bulkhead.
Evoking1230 likes this.
Old 11-23-2021, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If it makes you guys feel better (or worse haha) at the last 5-6 big races TLR 2ws have been running AE off set front wheels. Dakota and other team drivers.

So get those AE 2ws for carpet so you can be on the right offset and have quick access diffs, and a wide variety of chassis arm and pivot widths/lengths who knows how long till TLR releases the next car...
Old 11-23-2021, 11:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Can you or anyone else confirm all thats needed is the C/D blocks? The thought actually crossed my mind a while back as I wanted maximum adjustability that the Elite has but it costs a bit too much to convert the Elite to carpet. If I can get away with just the C/D blocks, I'm game!
i havent gotten around to trying this out yet as like i said the car just seems to work as is for me

Originally Posted by AxiomJacob

+1 on this....most of the TLR guys at my track are running the red fronts and blue rears on both 5.0 and 22x-4
i did break the plastic bulkhead so replaced it with aluminum(what my track had in stock at the time)
other than that i put the aluminum bell cranks and drag link from the start just for durability

Originally Posted by Alexv2024
If it makes you guys feel better (or worse haha) at the last 5-6 big races TLR 2ws have been running AE off set front wheels. Dakota and other team drivers.

So get those AE 2ws for carpet so you can be on the right offset and have quick access diffs, and a wide variety of chassis arm and pivot widths/lengths who knows how long till TLR releases the next car...
i might have to do this myself...my friend gave me a bunch of his wheels that i cant use because they are all off his AE
Old 11-23-2021, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AxiomJacob

For sure, currently trying to locate the brass TLR bulkhead...
Old 11-23-2021, 11:24 AM
Tech Rookie

For sure, currently trying to locate the brass TLR bulkhead...
TLR actually call it the Pivot : Team Losi Racing

that link is the aluminum but the brass is out there
Evoking1230 likes this.
Old 11-23-2021, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

TLR actually call it the Pivot : Team Losi Racing

that link is the aluminum but the brass is out there
bulkhead, pivot, tomato(e), tomato, same thing.

I understand the assignment
Old 11-23-2021, 12:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 281 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alexv2024
at the last 5-6 big races TLR 2ws have been running AE off set front wheels.
I assume the AE wheels have more offset than the Losi? (wider stance)
Old 11-23-2021, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
I assume the AE wheels have more offset than the Losi? (wider stance)
Yes, but you mod the front arms & caster blocks to keep the same overall width. You'll gain a LOT of steering.

My guess is this will all be production stuff at some point soon.
RazorRC likes this.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry for the need for added into.

I’m playing at catchup with the front wheel discussion. I have only used narrow TLR wheels on carpet. I have tried to bolt up non-TLR front wheels and it made the front end super-wide.

- (1) Are folks modding front end parts to get non-TLR wheeled buggy to narrower stance or (2) are they simply running the non-TLR front wheels with the added front width?

I seemed to have tried (2) before but thought the front end without some mods made the front end too wide.
Old 11-23-2021, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 281 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
Sorry for the need for added into.

Iím playing at catchup with the front wheel discussion. I have only used narrow TLR wheels on carpet. I have tried to bolt up non-TLR front wheels and it made the front end super-wide.

- (1) Are folks modding front end parts to get non-TLR wheeled buggy to narrower stance or (2) are they simply running the non-TLR front wheels with the added front width?

I seemed to have tried (2) before but thought the front end without some mods made the front end too wide.
How much wider overall are we talking?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.