Like Tree886Likes

TLR 22 5.0

Old 01-05-2021, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My guess: they switch the front wheels to IFMAR/Schumacher offset for the next 22. I mean, they changed the front wheel offset on the 22X-4...!
kufman likes this.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Will these springs work on my 22 5.0 SR? https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-lo...12/p259976?r=0

Old 01-11-2021, 11:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Thin shock shafts?

Hey all, Im sure this was answered earlier in the thread but I was unable to find it. I keep hearing about drivers running "thin shafts" and I cant seem to find much on it. Im currently on an elite that is mostly kit. If someone can point me in the right direction Id appreciate it!
Old 01-11-2021, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyDoo
Thin shock shafts?

Hey all, Im sure this was answered earlier in the thread but I was unable to find it. I keep hearing about drivers running "thin shafts" and I cant seem to find much on it. Im currently on an elite that is mostly kit. If someone can point me in the right direction Id appreciate it!
Could be 2 things. 1. Most drivers are running thin pistons compared to the stock. They are thinner and rebound faster making it handle better. 2. For shocks, the elite comes with the 3.5 mm shock shafts/bodies. A lot of guys are running the 3.0 shock shaft/bodies for a little more responsive car. If you choose to do this you will need the 3.0 shock bodies, 3.0 shafts, orings and internals. Tlr is releasing a whole package for both front and rear shocks. Might be the cheapest way to go as it has all the new stuff. It is tlr233064 and tlr233063. check it out on the tlr website under products and whats new.
Old 01-11-2021, 12:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by dbracn
Could be 2 things. 1. Most drivers are running thin pistons compared to the stock. They are thinner and rebound faster making it handle better. 2. For shocks, the elite comes with the 3.5 mm shock shafts/bodies. A lot of guys are running the 3.0 shock shaft/bodies for a little more responsive car. If you choose to do this you will need the 3.0 shock bodies, 3.0 shafts, orings and internals. Tlr is releasing a whole package for both front and rear shocks. Might be the cheapest way to go as it has all the new stuff. It is tlr233064 and tlr233063. check it out on the tlr website under products and whats new.
This. you hit the nail on the head. It was the thin pistons as well as the 3.0 shocks.

Are the thin pistons a thinner piston within the stock shock body?

I think I'll choose to purchase the kit once they release. Seems like a great way to go!

Do you know which size of thin piston most are running?

Thanks for the help!
Old 01-11-2021, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

This. you hit the nail on the head. It was the thin pistons as well as the 3.0 shocks.

I think I'll choose to purchase the kit once they release. Seems like a great way to go!

Thanks for the help!
Same as stock on Clay, On carpet 1.5 front and 1.7 rear
Old 01-11-2021, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the help!
What handling characteristics do you want to adjust by switching to the 3mm shock shafts and thin pistons?

If the answer is you don't know, then you lack the fundamental ability to drive the car well enough to know the answer to my question, which means it doesn't matter if you switch to different pistons or the 3mm shock shafts as it won't change your lap times enough for you to notice. If you are making adjustments based on what other people run on their car, you will never understand what the adjustments do and how to make changes to lower your lap times.
Old 01-11-2021, 06:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by waitwhat
What handling characteristics do you want to adjust by switching to the 3mm shock shafts and thin pistons?

If the answer is you don't know, then you lack the fundamental ability to drive the car well enough to know the answer to my question, which means it doesn't matter if you switch to different pistons or the 3mm shock shafts as it won't change your lap times enough for you to notice. If you are making adjustments based on what other people run on their car, you will never understand what the adjustments do and how to make changes to lower your lap times.
I didnít know what to expect from switching to the 3mm shocks but I loved it. Car landed way better in my opinion. Helping people out goes a lot farther. Us new people need help on what weíre doing, thereís so much adjustment we donít know where to start.
Old 01-20-2021, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TLR 22 5.0 Motor ESC

Hi All,

I am new to the 1/10 scale racing world and I am in the process of building my TLR 22 5.0. I am looking at different motor and ESC options and would like some advice.

I plan to start off racing stock spec 17.5 with zero timing. I am sure my curiosity will drive me to other classes as well but this is where I'm starting out.

Should I start out with a stock spec Motor/ESC combo like (Hobbywing XR10 Justock Sensored Brushless ESC/SD G2.1 Motor Combo (17.5T) which will get me out on the track?

Is this something you guys would recommend or would it be worth my while to invest in something like (Hobbywing XR10 Pro Stock Spec 2S Sensored Brushless ESC/V10 G3R Combo)?

What am I getting for the extra $115 if I plan to run stock spec?

As I mentioned I am new to the 1/10 scale racing scene so flood me with information. Also if anyone has any appropriate motor ESC combos for sale or any they recommend I am interested in that. Right now i just have the TLR 22 Kit and radio/Transmitter so I am also in the market looking for a Servo and MyLaps Transponder,

Many thanks!
Old 01-20-2021, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MTumbles
Hi All,

I am new to the 1/10 scale racing world and I am in the process of building my TLR 22 5.0. I am looking at different motor and ESC options and would like some advice.

I plan to start off racing stock spec 17.5 with zero timing. I am sure my curiosity will drive me to other classes as well but this is where I'm starting out.

Should I start out with a stock spec Motor/ESC combo like (Hobbywing XR10 Justock Sensored Brushless ESC/SD G2.1 Motor Combo (17.5T) which will get me out on the track?

Is this something you guys would recommend or would it be worth my while to invest in something like (Hobbywing XR10 Pro Stock Spec 2S Sensored Brushless ESC/V10 G3R Combo)?

What am I getting for the extra $115 if I plan to run stock spec?

As I mentioned I am new to the 1/10 scale racing scene so flood me with information. Also if anyone has any appropriate motor ESC combos for sale or any they recommend I am interested in that. Right now i just have the TLR 22 Kit and radio/Transmitter so I am also in the market looking for a Servo and MyLaps Transponder,

Many thanks!
the juststock is fine for 17.5
i chose the stock spec simply for looks and I didnít want a switch.

youíll see more from a motor then the esc with the 17.5. Iím a huge fan of the trinity. Was a large improvement over the reedy s plus I was running before.

im currently going from protek 160t to the nitro pro mini servos. But anything with similar specs to the 160t is more then plenty.

one thing with the stock spec is you can run the bec at 7.4v which is nice for hv servos.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Servo horn rubbing top plate

I have a tlr 22 5.0ac and installed a savox 1258tg and used the stock servo horn and it is rubbing top plate,any suggestions would be great,if it's in the forum somewhere please give me link thanks
Old 01-21-2021, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Eddosi1978
I have a tlr 22 5.0ac and installed a savox 1258tg and used the stock servo horn and it is rubbing top plate,any suggestions would be great,if it's in the forum somewhere please give me link thanks
Don't use any of the spacers on the servo mount.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RazorRC
Don't use any of the spacers on the servo mount.
I did not add spacers and it still rub.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Forgive me if I'm being a pain, trying to make this work, should I get a different servo and what servo horn would be small enough to fit without rubbing issues?
Old 01-22-2021, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

how bad is it rubbing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.