Like Tree748Likes

TLR 22 5.0

Old 04-29-2020, 09:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mirkinator View Post
Thank you! Yes i did mean VHA >.< Ill get the VHA kit and the blocks to start. Try without them first so i can feel the difference. Im new to indoor and 2wd buggy stock. Have the feeling its going to be quite the learning experience!

Anywho, appreciate any other suggestions anyone might have.
I see you are racing on clay so those would be the 2 major upgrades I would suggest (the only 2 I have on my 5.0sr). The VHA kit will allow you to get your driveshafts level for better efficiency and less binding. I prefer the elite C and D block pills setup a lot better. Unless you have to have the bling of carbon, or a super technical setup top shelf racer the towers are not going to give you much advantage. I have done fairly well setting up with stock composite towers..
Old 04-30-2020, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kswarrior View Post
I see you are racing on clay so those would be the 2 major upgrades I would suggest (the only 2 I have on my 5.0sr). The VHA kit will allow you to get your driveshafts level for better efficiency and less binding. I prefer the elite C and D block pills setup a lot better. Unless you have to have the bling of carbon, or a super technical setup top shelf racer the towers are not going to give you much advantage. I have done fairly well setting up with stock composite towers..
Thanks. We are actually on carpet though, but I think those upgrade still apply. They are ontw. Now only if UPS would give me a tracking update on my kits thats not 5days old >.< Scheduled for tmw though!
Old 04-30-2020, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default TLR 22 5.0 AR

What is the designation AR on the 22 stand for?

​​​​
Old 04-30-2020, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
What is the designation AR on the 22 stand for?

​​​​
AC Astroturf/Carpet
SR Spec Racer
DC Dirt/Clay

IDK what an AR is other than a typo.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Default Front wing

Does losi make a mount that puts the front wing below the shock mounts? If not who else might make one? I dont like how the wing looks on top
Old 05-07-2020, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Does losi make a mount that puts the front wing below the shock mounts? If not who else might make one? I dont like how the wing looks on top
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-lo...330010/p867326
Old 05-08-2020, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

jconcepts.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Finally had my first day of carpet racing with this buggy. WOW, I see what all the fuss is about. Racing buggys on carpet is a blast and this 5.0 screams out of the box. This is nothing like the nightmare of my XXX-4 and B44 days driving on dirt, breaking everything in sight. One of the guys at the track even noticed I wasnt getting quite enough steering and stopped me to help fix my end points(Thank you Chuck!). Always a nice to see that.

By the end of the day I was able to consistent lap times within about a second of each other and I have a decent baseline for improvements. I did notice my servo start to twitch before my LVC kicked on at the end of a long run. Going to try to the 4 cap pack on this HW xr10 just stock to try and avoid that, but it was like 15min into it.

Suppose next ill try this VHA conversion and the C/D blocks. But hard for me to really say what I want improved. Just so fast and fun to me already! No rolling, sliding, uneven jumping, lack of anything I can point my finger to. Guess I wont know til I try it.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Thanks god ordered
Old 05-10-2020, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you have access to a 3d printer.
https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/vari...-22-5-0-jaune1

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-10-2020 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Going to do a re-fresh of my 5.0 for outdoor season and wondered if anyone know if there's a difference between the DC Elite aluminium steering and the upgrade for the AC? Still have the plastics so far. Thx.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dswear22 View Post
Going to do a re-fresh of my 5.0 for outdoor season and wondered if anyone know if there's a difference between the DC Elite aluminium steering and the upgrade for the AC? Still have the plastics so far. Thx.
same
Old 05-18-2020, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

First RACE with this Buggy yesterday (and on carpet period.)and I qualified FIRST in our HW 17.5 spec class vs 7 others! And thats with the bone stock kit, still havent put in those C/D blocks or the VHA kit.

But when everyone went to lunch, I decided to get in one more practice run.... I touched the wall one too many times and my savox 1251mg stripped Its only had about 6 batteries through it and im not happy about it. Is this common for these servos? Seems from reviews it happens quite often. It wasnt a hard slam either. I decided to try the MKS HBL550XL with tit gears. Hoping its holds up a bit better. I am also wondering if it had something to do with my new TLR servo clamping horn? It sits a little bit taller on the servo and looked like it really needed a spacer that the kit says Savox servos do not need. Had no issues with teh plastic one. It was rubbing, so trimmed a little plastic as a temp fix. It stopped rubbing, but then stripped out. Not a good way to end the day..
Old 05-18-2020, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Mirkinator,
On carpet, the servo takes more abuse due to the traction and speed. From my experience any servo that has at least one plastic gear will eventually strip out due to the quantity/force of the hits. This happened several times to me with the spectrum 6240. Spektrum has a new 6245 that uses all metal gears. I have been very happy with the protek 160t on carpet. As long as you have the tlr servo horn for the 5.0 there should be no problems. Make sure to shim the servo so that the linkage is straight.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mirkinator View Post
First RACE with this Buggy yesterday (and on carpet period.)and I qualified FIRST in our HW 17.5 spec class vs 7 others! And thats with the bone stock kit, still havent put in those C/D blocks or the VHA kit.

But when everyone went to lunch, I decided to get in one more practice run.... I touched the wall one too many times and my savox 1251mg stripped Its only had about 6 batteries through it and im not happy about it. Is this common for these servos? Seems from reviews it happens quite often. It wasnt a hard slam either. I decided to try the MKS HBL550XL with tit gears. Hoping its holds up a bit better. I am also wondering if it had something to do with my new TLR servo clamping horn? It sits a little bit taller on the servo and looked like it really needed a spacer that the kit says Savox servos do not need. Had no issues with teh plastic one. It was rubbing, so trimmed a little plastic as a temp fix. It stopped rubbing, but then stripped out. Not a good way to end the day..
my experience with Savox is not stripped plastic gears but the joint between the two 'halves' of the metal gear coming undone... and spinning freely. it's a pressed fit with a few dimples to strengthen the joint but it's not a great design. I've switched them out for Spectrum S6240s with the upgraded metal case

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.