Like Tree833Likes

TLR 22 5.0

Old 04-05-2020, 10:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Awesome. Thanks fellas!
Old 04-06-2020, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

So any one you guys have problems with the transmission not spinning smoothly? I just tore down my Elite's transmission and realized it's not spinning smoothly... bearings are really good, and gears are good. It spins smooth when the transmission covers are not closed. I ended up not using those 2 button head screws on the side of the case (better than before, but still not spinning freely).
Old 04-06-2020, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phillip F
So any one you guys have problems with the transmission not spinning smoothly? I just tore down my Elite's transmission and realized it's not spinning smoothly... bearings are really good, and gears are good. It spins smooth when the transmission covers are not closed. I ended up not using those 2 button head screws on the side of the case (better than before, but still not spinning freely).
I had this issue as well but wasn't overly apparent but I run mod so no major issue. Stock guys would like smoother transmission, not sure if there any any tricks to smooth it out as it seems like a molding issue.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

I had this issue on my 5.0 SR and all I did was back off the screws that hold the tranny together tell everything spun free.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Couple things to look at. one make sure you are using the correct size screws in the right places on the bottom of the chassis. If you use to long of a screw you can make a divot in the case causing some issues. Two you could clean out bearing grease and put oil instead if they are the stock bearings. Three, make sure you have the correct idler size and diff inserts so they are the same. Example would be 1 degree and 1 degree. Finally check to make sure the case is correct, maybe molded wrong or just something wrong with the case. Try a new case if possible. Hope this helps.

Old 04-06-2020, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i noticed that the diff inserts in the tuning parts bag for the standard dc kit made the transmission stiff. i reinstalled the kit inserts flipped upside down and smooth as butter again with the diff height where i want it. snugging up the button head screws on the outside had no noticeable effect on smoothness. maybe be sure the inserts for the diff and idler gear are fully seated withou any debris behind them
Phillip F likes this.

Last edited by dcerven94; 04-06-2020 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 106 (99%+)

Here are my new Proline bodies on my 22 5.0 and the new 22x4

NitroLuver and offroad dude like this.

Last edited by lbckevin; 04-06-2020 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dcerven94
i noticed that the diff inserts in the tuning parts bag for the standard dc kit made the transmission stiff. i reinstalled the kit inserts flipped upside down and smooth as butter again with the diff height where i want it. snugging up the button head screws on the outside had no noticeable effect on smoothness. maybe be sure the inserts for the diff and idler gear are fully seated withou any debris behind them
I'll check this... this makes sense.
thankYou
dcerven94 likes this.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:18 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

For the concerns regarding the transmission cases of all the kits I have built I have had one kit that I was building that I couldn't get the transmission to feel correct, I believe this was when i was building a 4.0 SR a long time ago. I ended up just using a new transmission case and all was good after that.
I did just recently build a 5.0 Elite for a friend of mine for the 21.5 class and I built it with RCSS bearings and I ran the idler at one position higher that the diff to free it up even more and i couldn't believe how smooth it was. I should have done a video on how smooth it was.
I have been running my idler higher than my diff for a while now even in mod with no issues on clay. Carpet would be a different story as you wouldn't really have this option assuming you're running plus 3.5 there and the added traction would increase the stress on the idler.
Idler gears are considered a wear item and i like to replace mine somewhat frequently when rebuilding or replacing my diffs. If the teeth look sharp its definitely due for replacing and same goes for the top shaft gear.
offroad dude likes this.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the new 5.0 battery hold down will work for the 22T 4.0?

Thanks
Old 04-07-2020, 01:48 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dougoilman661
Does anyone know if the new 5.0 battery hold down will work for the 22T 4.0?

Thanks
Easy quick answer, No, its not a direct fit. You can make it work with some parts from RCLYFE I believe has them but you might be better off getting their whole battery hold down system. Check out their site.
Old 04-07-2020, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

Ok guys, just switched over from AE and have a ton of rear mounted tires from the AE car. With the release of the new hexes, is it an option to run the AE rear wheels on my Elite? Or should I just suck it up and sell them?
Old 04-07-2020, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

By the way, here is my new to me Elite. Painted the body a couple days ago. Canít wait to hit the track soon.

Jeff H and Essejay like this.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:13 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jonski
Ok guys, just switched over from AE and have a ton of rear mounted tires from the AE car. With the release of the new hexes, is it an option to run the AE rear wheels on my Elite? Or should I just suck it up and sell them?
It should be possible, I am not sure which size hex's you would need. I would just measure it as if it were going to be ran on the track then do the same with the b6 wheels on it and go from there.
jonski likes this.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:13 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Looks good jonski

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.