Like Tree15Likes

Team C USA 2019

Old 11-15-2018, 05:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Team C USA 2019

I know that there was a old thread for the team, but it has become dead. We now have a US based website and USA warehouse for parts support for drivers and customers, we are also accepting drivers for the 2019 season. There are 3 new kits that have been released, 2 1/10th scale kits and a new 8th scale kit. We also have a very quick factory turn around time on orders from 3-5 days.
alb and Texas Postman like this.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What are the new 10th scale kits?
Old 11-16-2018, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

More info is needed. Website? Available kits? Future plans?
sebtarta and billdelong like this.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

google it like I did . not much info there
Old 11-16-2018, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

I was recently doing a review for the TS4, I saw that it was on backorder, then I drilled down into the parts and pretty much every part that I clicked on was on back order too, so I gave a poor rating for support. I would love to get more details on what TeamC USA is doing, it's gonna be hard to draw in new blood if there is no parts support or kits available
Old 11-16-2018, 06:24 AM
Tech Initiate

The new 1/10th scale kits are a new updated version of the TM4 and the TC10 2018. The TC2018 has 2 versions available one being just the base kit and the other being a Team Edition Kit which includes a sway bar kit and a spring kit. The Newest 8th scale kit is the TM8 which now allows for only 1 4s pack instead of the dual 2s setup, it also has carbon inserts in the arms and new diff gears. The Website is https://teamcusa.us/ and if you see items listed as backorder on the site that just means it is available from the factory which normally has a 3-5 day turn around time depending on location. Most items will be shown as back order due to the USA warehouse just opening up and we are in the process of updating the site with all in stock items. All kits are available for purchase at this moment and some items on the website have a 40% discount applied at check out.
billdelong likes this.

Last edited by countryboyzrc; 11-19-2018 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Another thing that we are working on is partnering with other companies to provide products to drivers and customers. We currently have Team Tactical RC and we are also working with Brick’s Kustoms Pit Solutions. Both companies are offering great items for all of your racing needs.
Team Tactical RC:
https://www.ttrc.us
Brick’s Kustoms Pit Solutions:
https://www.facebook.com/BricksKustoms/
billdelong likes this.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

TC10 is a competitive car.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Instead of creating new threads titled "team c 2018" or " team c 2019" or "team c 2020", can we just make one thread titled "who wants to beat the dead horse?"

Let's be honest. The team c USA website is poop. Outrageous prices on parts and kits, most of which show backorder. The team c usa Facebook page hasn't had anything posted since the last manager, who is no longer even with the company and hasn't been for months.

Friend of mine needed some parts for his ebuggy. I have a huge stock pile of parts and gave him the stuff he needed to fix his car. He went to the website to order replacements for what I gave him and has yet to this day to receive an invoice for the order and/or any parts or acknowledgement of his order at all. That was several months ago. I'm sure he will chime in once he sees this thread.

On top of all that, the newest version of some of the 8th scale parts is way below what I would expect from team c. We've got 3 or 4 buggies and truggies here running the newer straight cut ring and pinion gears and they are an absolute disaster to say the least. Noisy, notchy, and just plain don't work. We've tried everything to get them to work at least half decent, but it's a lost cause.

I still have my T8Te and T8eV3. Would have switched brands by now to get away from all the nonsense, but I haven't messed with rc's enough this year to bother. If anyone wants to pursue this dead end road, hit me up. I'll make you a great deal on the ebuggy, etruggy, and TM4 buggy. All in great condition with enough spares to keep you going for years. They're great cars, but the complete lack of everything from the company in the past couple/few years has me fed up.

BTW, anyone know where to find reviews or videos of any of the new cars mentioned above in this thread?
billdelong, Kremzeek and eddosi like this.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
Instead of creating new threads titled "team c 2018" or " team c 2019" or "team c 2020", can we just make one thread titled "who wants to beat the dead horse?"

Let's be honest. The team c USA website is poop. Outrageous prices on parts and kits, most of which show backorder. The team c usa Facebook page hasn't had anything posted since the last manager, who is no longer even with the company and hasn't been for months.

Friend of mine needed some parts for his ebuggy. I have a huge stock pile of parts and gave him the stuff he needed to fix his car. He went to the website to order replacements for what I gave him and has yet to this day to receive an invoice for the order and/or any parts or acknowledgement of his order at all. That was several months ago. I'm sure he will chime in once he sees this thread.

On top of all that, the newest version of some of the 8th scale parts is way below what I would expect from team c. We've got 3 or 4 buggies and truggies here running the newer straight cut ring and pinion gears and they are an absolute disaster to say the least. Noisy, notchy, and just plain don't work. We've tried everything to get them to work at least half decent, but it's a lost cause.

I still have my T8Te and T8eV3. Would have switched brands by now to get away from all the nonsense, but I haven't messed with rc's enough this year to bother. If anyone wants to pursue this dead end road, hit me up. I'll make you a great deal on the ebuggy, etruggy, and TM4 buggy. All in great condition with enough spares to keep you going for years. They're great cars, but the complete lack of everything from the company in the past couple/few years has me fed up.

BTW, anyone know where to find reviews or videos of any of the new cars mentioned above in this thread?
If your friend is needing a invoice ask him to reach out to the Team C USA facebook team and I will get his invoice sent to him. The website is being updated with all instock parts for here in the USA warehouse, and backorder just means available from the factory direct. The price on the parts is not as outrageous as some parts. A Team Associated chassis for the RC8B3.1 is $19.99 and a chassis for the new TM8 is $123.00 and most parts even have a 40% discount included as a thank you. The new buggy does not come with straight cut gears as did the old ones.The facebook page has had the latest product posted, but with trying to get the new warehouse setup and get managers and drivers in place for 2019 i will agree that it has suffered.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Don't get me wrong. I admire your ambition. It's just that everything you're saying is exactly what Charlie said and also Felix before him. Problem is, you're the third manager within a year or more that's still making the exact same claims.

As for the new ebuggy, one of the new features that was shown on the TM8E is the new straight cut gears. Not only are they supposed to be on the new buggy, but my most recent T8eV3 and my buddy's recently purchased T8TeV2 both came with the newer gear sets and adendums in the instruction manuals for them. I've set up countless 8th scale gearboxes, but the newest ones just don't work. The thought was a good one, but that's about it. My latest buggy was so bad that I went back to the older gear sets, which luckily i had several new spares in my parts box.
eddosi likes this.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:48 AM
Tech Initiate

These are the new diff gears that are in all the new TM8E . If you are wanting to upgrade from the old they are a direct replacement. When the TM8E was first released it did have the old style gears included but that has been fixed. If you have received a TM8E kit within the last 4 months with the old gears please let me know and I will get a set sent out to you. I have been trying to fix everything that was said by the previous manager. He left alot of drivers with unanswered questions and promises. I have been talking with Stephen this morning about kits and issues and I am trying to get everything taken care of.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Do you have a part number for those gears? If those are what is included with the new car, then they must have switched back to them. I've had a minimum of 5 buggies and truggies over the years. All of them came with the spiral cut gears that you posted a pic of except for the two most recent kits which were purchased within the past year. Those had the newer gears. Not 100% straight cut, but way more straight than the original spiral gears.

The spiral cut gears have been bulletproof in all my buggies, but don't hold up well to the heavier truggies. Even in the buggy, the axial load from the spiral cut gears eventually eggs out the hole in the gearbox where the inner pinion bearing sits and causes gear failure if the gearboxes aren't replaced somewhat regularly.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
Do you have a part number for those gears? If those are what is included with the new car, then they must have switched back to them. I've had a minimum of 5 buggies and truggies over the years. All of them came with the spiral cut gears that you posted a pic of except for the two most recent kits which were purchased within the past year. Those had the newer gears. Not 100% straight cut, but way more straight than the original spiral gears.

The spiral cut gears have been bulletproof in all my buggies, but don't hold up well to the heavier truggies. Even in the buggy, the axial load from the spiral cut gears eventually eggs out the hole in the gearbox where the inner pinion bearing sits and causes gear failure if the gearboxes aren't replaced somewhat regularly.
Ive had the same set in my nitro buggy for 2 years and havent had any issues from it. The part number is T08636 price is $22.50 after the 40% discount is applied and the normal delivery time is about 3-4 days.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

My Team C Racing Tm8

I can verify that this buggy is awesome, just won the Turkey Shootout at Rjd Hobbies in Lincoln Illinois, that's a Tekno on left and a Mugen on right! You can't go wrong with this, very reliable and durable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service