Like Tree15Likes

Team C USA 2019

Old 12-04-2018, 03:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Is there any opportunities for European drivers? 😅
Old 12-04-2018, 12:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

All I can say is that before I signed a contract I looked at team prices and the price (last year) for a TM4TE 4wd buggy and that was with the "50%" discount $424 + shipping.... I turned around and got the HB D418 at full price for $429 after coupons and free shipping. So, where was the benefit of been a team driver? NONE. So Yes you get a good discount but the MSRP is ridiculous....
Old 12-05-2018, 03:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by zakeris View Post
you can send the manager a message on the facebook page.i am a team driver for team c driving in the netherlands.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSRBOY View Post
I've run a number of Team C vehicles - I had a TM2SC, TM2, and TS4. With the exception of the TM2 running 17.5 blinky, all of them were very competitive on carpet. That said, before I go on - please keep in mind that the following is intended as constructive criticism. I'd like to see the brand grow because I really do like the vehicles.

1. US parts support. If racers can't buy parts at their LHS, they need a reliable source. When I ran Team C cars I had to bring a duffel bag of parts 'just in case'. Now that I run Losi and Associated, I bring the bare essentials (spare servo, rx, etc).

2. "Team" pricing. I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth, as I was a "team driver" at one point. But for a brand trying to get their foot in the US market, it's going to take more than offering average drivers "sponsorship" that results in prices equivalent to retail pricing that other kits sell for. Find legit drivers that are well respected, and put the cars in their hands at cost. Most local fast guys would rather pay for a B6 than be "sponsored" and pay for a TM2.

3. LHS presence - when I was driving for Team C my LHS tried stocking parts. The TM4 was gaining popularity and they wanted to give the brand a shot since their cars are very competitive on carpet - but it was such a frustrating process dealing with the US representative for Team C that they ditched the idea. This was probably 3 years ago (?)

4. Update the TM2V2 so it works in 17.5 blinky. That's the biggest class at many tracks, and it's still a unique enough car that people will want to try it. Lighten the driveline, update the front/rear suspension (which while functional has limited adjustability).

With so many "me too" brands out there, Team C really deserves to stand out - but they need to make 1 serious push to get into the US market. Every failed attempt, every failed team manager makes the brand less formidable and more of a joke.
You're absolutely right. All of the concerns you listed are things we have been talking about and trying to find better ways to accomplish them.

Thank you for your comments.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Will something be done about the pricing anytime soon?

The pricing for TeamC products was reasonable when they were distributed through OFNA and HobbyKing, it would be nice to see that pricing model brought back, possibly bringing back some lower end kits like how Racer's Edge offered entry level kits in the $150 range.

Right now the pricing in the $700-$800 range is absolutely insane!
Old 12-25-2018, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
Will something be done about the pricing anytime soon?

The pricing for TeamC products was reasonable when they were distributed through OFNA and HobbyKing, it would be nice to see that pricing model brought back, possibly bringing back some lower end kits like how Racer's Edge offered entry level kits in the $150 range.

Right now the pricing in the $700-$800 range is absolutely insane!
That is something we’ve been trying to work on. The $700-$800 is the msrp. Actual pricing is 40% off of the msrp pricing. We are currently trying to talk with the factory about lowering the costs back one to where they were.
billdelong likes this.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Does anyone happen to know the part number for the aluminum idler gear that fits the 10th scale 3-gear transmission? I've used them in my TS2, TC02, and TC02T. They're all the same gear, it's just been so long that I can't remember and I don't have any 10th scale manuals laying around anymore.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
Does anyone happen to know the part number for the aluminum idler gear that fits the 10th scale 3-gear transmission? I've used them in my TS2, TC02, and TC02T. They're all the same gear, it's just been so long that I can't remember and I don't have any 10th scale manuals laying around anymore.
T02003 Idler,
Bearings T02100

Old 05-07-2019, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Hello. My name is Robert Schneider. I was a team driver when andy smolnik was team manager and the tc02 evo was brand new lol. I still have this car, aswell as the ts2 short course and love them. Got my 7 and 5 year old boys driving now. Broke out these bad boys and they still drive like a dream haha.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by deadmancourt View Post
Hello. My name is Robert Schneider. I was a team driver when andy smolnik was team manager and the tc02 evo was brand new lol. I still have this car, aswell as the ts2 short course and love them. Got my 7 and 5 year old boys driving now. Broke out these bad boys and they still drive like a dream haha.
That’s great to hear. I still run my TS2 and TM4V2
Old 05-23-2019, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

I'm still representing the Team, my 7 year old has been "testing" the TM8 for me, I think its time to build him his own E-Buggy
Old 07-31-2019, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Sure has been quiet this year...
billdelong likes this.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zakeris View Post
I doubt it, there is no real UK team anymore. Absima (European Distro) seem to be dropping them in favour of HB. There are very few kits listed at all on there website now, just spares.
Old 08-04-2019, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

I'm really hoping to see some more movement with the team this year, TM8E has been great, I can help out in whatever way needed, if anyone from Team C is reading.

Last edited by RockinTheCasbah; 08-12-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

team c website is a joke and a waste of time.
no info about the vehicles
no pics of the vehicles
no specs about the vehicles
I'm sorry but I'll have to pass on team c for the lack of production information, which leads to the lack of support.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service