Mugen MBX8TE 1/8 Electric Truggy >

Mugen MBX8TE 1/8 Electric Truggy

Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX8TE 1/8 Electric Truggy

Old 07-23-2019, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ExRCRacer View Post
Thanks boss - it really does appear to be quite solid. I just finished the build - super happy with it. More so than the ET48.3 by a long shot.

The one weird thing is my servo linkage. I have a Tekno 25t aluminum servo horn on my Savox. I had to mount the linkage on top of the servo horn which in turn is linked to the bottom of the steering horn on the truck. I know it sounds bad, but it's really not as bad as you'd think. I've checked the steering and there is no binding what-so-ever. There doesn't appear to be any stress on the ends either. With that said, any of you guys have your set up this way as well? The manual shows the linkage going under the horns, but I can't image that's always possible with different combinations of servos / horns.
I use that same Tekno 25T servo horn on all 3 of my Mugens mounted the same way you did, the one in the picture above that EXRCRAcer shared. And sorry for confusion earlier, the part I recommended earlier was for the aluminum servo SAVER, I typed horn by accident (edited).

I like that Tekno horn because I "think" it lowers the stress point on the servo spindle, although the Flashpoint is nice and the new Mugen Servo Horn part B0553 is really slick as well.

Last edited by cHAmpa; 07-23-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

This is the horn I went with... although it is good to hear the Tekno horn is just fine CHampa. I figure I'll throw this one on and see how smooth it is...

cHAmpa likes this.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What shock oil is everyone running? The kit 600f / 600r seems very stiff. Heading to Wicked Weekend.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by E1 Diablo View Post
What shock oil is everyone running? The kit 600f / 600r seems very stiff. Heading to Wicked Weekend.
i used something lighter because was racing arenas in the winter but ended up sticking with same oils for spring/summer racing.. i want to say 500/450
E1 Diablo likes this.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Arrow

Speaking of shock oils... I'm running at a track that is rough man... rough. Not bashing rough, but it's got some ruts, it's very hard clay and there's a large double in the back people (and myself) were landing hard from. (Large as in - distance. If you aren't lined up, you're F-ed). I'm really considering thickening up the shock oil to 60/45, what do you all think and do you have any advice on set up for rough tracks? I don't want the center of gravity too high or I'll be traction rolling like crazy, but I also don't want to chassis slap the snot out of it either on that large double in the back stretch.

Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Track

Originally Posted by ExRCRacer View Post
Speaking of shock oils... I'm running at a track that is rough man... rough. Not bashing rough, but it's got some ruts, it's very hard clay and there's a large double in the back people (and myself) were landing hard from. (Large as in - distance. If you aren't lined up, you're F-ed). I'm really considering thickening up the shock oil to 60/45, what do you all think and do you have any advice on set up for rough tracks? I don't want the center of gravity too high or I'll be traction rolling like crazy, but I also don't want to chassis slap the snot out of it either on that large double in the back stretch.

pretty cool, hopefully someone who knows will chime in. I was thinking of taking a ride to the Barn to check it out. Iím in CT.
Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Well I’m super excited about this, and just wanted to share that I pulled the trigger and ordered the mbx8te. I’m sure I’ll have sone questions and need some advice. I haven’t had a high end 1/8 in a long time. Mbx4 long!