Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Mugen MBX8TE 1/8 Electric Truggy >

Mugen MBX8TE 1/8 Electric Truggy

Like Tree64Likes

Mugen MBX8TE 1/8 Electric Truggy

Old 04-04-2021, 12:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi chaps, I suffered my first breakage on either my truggy or buggy. I broke the rear gear case and fractured the carbon fibre shock tower in practice. Do you think I should replace the carbon tower or go with the aluminium? I am also wondering if I have been lucky not having any spares at all for the past years and should stock up on a few parts! Has anyone else had issues with gearbox case breaking? Best regards, Tom
Old 04-04-2021, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Hax View Post
Hi chaps, I suffered my first breakage on either my truggy or buggy. I broke the rear gear case and fractured the carbon fibre shock tower in practice. Do you think I should replace the carbon tower or go with the aluminium? I am also wondering if I have been lucky not having any spares at all for the past years and should stock up on a few parts! Has anyone else had issues with gearbox case breaking? Best regards, Tom
I saw a shock tower pull out of a front gear case a couple of days ago at the track. Never had it happen on my own Mugens, but it does happen sometimes. I've always preferred aluminum shock towers because they don't snap or crack like carbon can. In truggy the towers are better protected than buggy but I don't think it's worth the weight savings.
Old 04-04-2021, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tom Hax View Post
I broke the rear diff housing, the part closest to the center of the car in a crash. But this was last week in europe so it was like 10 celsius. Make the plastic more fragile.

This is on my MBX8.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jurassic579 View Post
I broke the rear diff housing, the part closest to the center of the car in a crash. But this was last week in europe so it was like 10 celsius. Make the plastic more fragile.

This is on my MBX8.

Thanks guys for your thoughts. I almost think the jumps on our new track are too big. Mine tangled with someone else mid air and I landed on my roof. This jump is on the main straight too. Big jumps are fun but if you miss-time it, then there is a chance of breakage. Anyway, it's an easy fix and I will have it running as soon I the new gear casing arrives. First race of the season for me is 17th April!
Happy races chaps!

Tom
Old 04-11-2021, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Any idea when kits will be in Stock?
Old 04-12-2021, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag5508 View Post
Any idea when kits will be in Stock?
for real. i've been waiting forever to get one. i might have to start looking at other brands.
jag5508 likes this.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
for real. i've been waiting forever to get one. i might have to start looking at other brands.
I been looking for an E Truggy . I have the buggy all set . Actually the new Tekno Truggy looks nice just the body is ugly as HELL lol . That's what I'll probably go with if MBX8TE isn't in stock bye the end of the month.
LOW ET likes this.

Last edited by jag5508; 04-13-2021 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:12 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 291 (100%+)

Got an MBX8TE here decided to give it a go for the year again. what are you guys finding is a good starting setup for a loose track?
Old 04-15-2021, 07:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Got an MBX8TE here decided to give it a go for the year again. what are you guys finding is a good starting setup for a loose track?
I'm not a fast guy, but I'm no slouch either. I run a MBX6TR-Eco and am rarely passed in practice (if I dont crash ). I run light shock oils (40/35),small amount.of preload, light diffs(6k,8k,3k), and of course I use the tires everyone else is using. I also gave my speed control a negative power sweep to pull a little out of the bottom end to help with the loose stuff a bit more. Works well for me, I'm creeping my diffs back up currently and also gonna try an even lighter shock oil this week. The track I run on gets really good at around midnight, but I dont see my races taking place that late....so I have to plan for loose.
Cain likes this.
Old 04-16-2021, 07:55 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 291 (100%+)

thanks for the info, for the brief last time I got to run the car, it was great till th rear driver side cvds broke in the diff cup. but of course no idean what setup is on the car (got it used).

One thing, the car came with a Hot Racing spur gear. never seen it before so going to the stock style spur.
phattracker likes this.
Old 09-20-2021, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bought a Mbx8t eco chassis needs replaced, should I stick with stock or get the M2C chassis? Why?
Old 09-22-2021, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ravage View Post
Bought a Mbx8t eco chassis needs replaced, should I stick with stock or get the M2C chassis? Why?
The M2C chassis is almost 1mm thicker than the stock chassis so there will be a bit less chassis flex. I have one for my Nitro 8T but I can't use it because some of the threaded holes for the side guards were stripped out. It is a robust chassis though. As soon as I can get ahold of some 3.5mm screws I will be switching over.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
start with maifields 2021 DNC setup, and tweak to your driving style and track.
Old 02-07-2022, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the MBX8T rear turnbuckles are the same length as the MBX7T?

Old 02-08-2022, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zJatoRad View Post
Does anyone know if the MBX8T rear turnbuckles are the same length as the MBX7T?

I think the mbx8t turnbuckles are longer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.