Light Weight SCT body Discussion

Light Weight SCT body Discussion

Old 10-31-2018, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Light Weight SCT body Discussion

HF2 SCT BODY - LIGHT-WEIGHT MATERIAL

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/hf2-sc...eight-material

OK barring paint and using the HF2 LW for consideration has anybody weighed SCT bodies. I have a HF2 LW on order but couldn't find any other bodies that would seem to be light. and what bodies do you consider durable and still not a pig. running SCT on high bite carpet and coming from the TC side I use light weight bodies so I figured why not on the SCT
Old 10-31-2018, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Not really light. Trimmed, no paint, with film still on, around 216 grams if my memory serves me right. The stock old 09 associated SC10 body only weighed 210 grams.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by topcat-lll View Post
Not really light. Trimmed, no paint, with film still on, around 216 grams if my memory serves me right. The stock old 09 associated SC10 body only weighed 210 grams.
your saying the hf2 still weights more that the old sc10 body. I know the sc10 rims were they lightest
Old 11-01-2018, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

I race on turf and have grown to appreciate the ProLine FloTek series of bodies. This is the Ford body here which has nice reinforcement around the front body mounts, but over the years I like the air flow with the Toyota body the best which tends to give my truck the best "flight" characteristics with all the cut outs applied, something like 12+ holes. These bodies tend to last around 6 months of racing before they start to crack and tear up on me. I tend to get longer life when using the ProLine Body Mount system with threaded screw caps and thick body washers. I personally would not use a lighter body unless I was a squeaky clean driver, but even then you are still at the mercy of getting tangled with lap traffic, see the video clip below to get an idea of how the body performs on turf: