Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
any recomendations for "true" spinning stadium truck wheels? >

any recomendations for "true" spinning stadium truck wheels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By chuck_thehammer
  • 1 Post By mes
  • 3 Post By a1

any recomendations for "true" spinning stadium truck wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 09:33 AM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default any recomendations for "true" spinning stadium truck wheels?

I have always used DE wheels in short-course and no complaints at all with being true spinning out of the package, perfection. I just spent 60 dollars on a full set of stadium truck wheel and tires(complete) and the wheels are warped like crazy. I know the stadium truck wheel is a different design than sc wheels . Any recomendations on true spinning wheels? I figured they all should be .lol . just not ready to spend more money on another set of warped wheels. Any brands to stay away from?

Last edited by a1; 10-27-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

there is true .. and there is "TRUE"... its not that easy to get "True" wheels in the full size car world...

heat or machine them to your "TRUE".. I have for years..

I mount my wheels to my wood lathe... wood working tools work well on plastic.. set machine to SLOW.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:11 AM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by chuck_thehammer
there is true .. and there is "TRUE"... its not that easy to get "True" wheels in the full size car world...

heat or machine them to your "TRUE".. I have for years..

I mount my wheels to my wood lathe... wood working tools work well on plastic.. set machine to SLOW.
I was thinking of chucking up on drill press but this is unnecessary and should not have to be done. Im not asking for perfection but these are just plain warped.

Old 10-27-2018, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by a1
I was thinking of chucking up on drill press but this is unnecessary and should not have to be done. Im not asking for perfection but these are just plain warped.
trust me, I understand...

you should see how out of true a $ 150 car wheel is... and we are playing with toy cars... I have $1200 in a 10th scale dirt truck.

Sorry, I can NOT offer any help... maybe someone will chime in that is Helpful...
a1 likes this.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:28 AM
mes
Tech Elite

It has been a while since I last used DE Racing wheels IIRC because they did not spin as true as the original Kyosho wheels on my RT 6. I've used the JConcepts Mono happily ever after on my veteran T4, XT2 and now the YZ-2T. In some cases, it may be the insert's or the tire's fault, though. Make sure there is no excess material left and maybe check and rotate them on the wheel before gluing them and thoroughly check that the insert is where it is supposed to be.
a1 likes this.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are you using premounts or did you glue them yourself? If you glued them yourself, are you sure it's not the glue job? In any case list the wheels you are using if they are not spinning true, so others can stay away (thus answering your own question for others).
Old 10-27-2018, 04:19 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

false alarm guys and girls . Looks like it is user error(my fault) and not the wheels. I just pulled them back out to see if I could figure out what the issue is. When I put them on the balancer the wheels have a significant wobble side to side, like warped. I installed them on the car and there is no wobble and the wheels spin true. Its has something to do with the balancing adapters and not the wheel. DE seems to still be ok in my book,lol. Again , seems to be my fault and not the wheels.
mes, billdelong and Big_Show like this.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Glad you got it resolved. Sometimes using a grub screw a hair too long in clamping hex's can give the illusion of warped wheels too.. ask me how I know. ): lol