Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EZ Start Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Default EZ Start Problem

Im very new to the nitro truck scene. I just picked up a Revo a few weeks ago and went through the break-in process with no issues. I went to start the car this past weekend and the EZ-Start motor will not turn. I charged the batteries completely, checked for a flooded engine, and checked the connections on the EZ-Start motor itself. When I hit the start button, both green LED light up. I have no idea what else may be wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bob
Old 02-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Hello well i may not be able to help but ill try i just got a jato and my car wouldnt start but i found out it was a crack in my carberator but thats besides the point ive worked with electric motors and there could be a stick or a chunk of dirt in it if you look to see and thats not it the only other thing i can think of is buy some electric motor cleaning spray if youve got the money and spry inside of it. Oh and one of the other things is one of the gears could be stripped inside of it but that would probably not stop the motor from turning. Well i sugest you go to the hobby shop first so i dont make you waste your money for nothing
Old 02-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

Pull the EZ-start off the truck take the housing apart. I had this same problem. The 2 screws that hold the motor on the EZ-start may have backed out just enough to bind against the gears causing it to lock up. This may not be the problem, but this can and will happen eventually, if you do not threadlock these particular screws. Just a little something to check. Good luck.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i agree with crash21, those two darned screws come loose after a while. i finally decided to buy a pull start! if you get good enough, and are able to tune really well, than i would suggest a pull start. instead of pushing a dinky buttone, and letting the punny motor attempt to run it, you just put an ignitor on the plug, and pull withyour hand! with it, i have been able to start it faster and easier than ever. although, if you are new, i sugest you stay with the ezstart.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:07 AM
Tech Rookie

I ended up taking the EZ-Start assembly apart and it appeared that one of the gears had jammed. After making sure everything was seated properly the EZ-Start worked fine. Thanks for all the suggestions.