• 1 Post By Racer56556
  • 1 Post By outoftouchrc
  • 1 Post By Slevin

stadium truck or short course truck?

Old 09-22-2018, 03:23 PM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default stadium truck or short course truck?

I searched but am not finding much info. I like 2wd buggy but the track I have local is a small nitro 8th scale , so it gets pretty blown out and rutted. I decided to go with short course truck which seems to handle the track pretty good. Only complaint with that is the bigger body makes it very touchy in the air but nothing that cant be dealt with . Still loving speed I am thinking of going to a stadium truck. Will a stadium truck be faster all around? I am not worried about the stadium truck being a dead class as any 2wd class here local is slim pickings but thats not what I am concerned with.thanks
Old 09-22-2018, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes a T6.1 is going to be faster than the SC6.1, and at times depending on track conditions faster than a B6.1.
mes and a1 like this.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

SC tends to be faster if the track is really loose. Longer wheelbase plus narrow tires lets you hammer the throttle earlier. If it is loose, and a fast flowing layout SC can definitely be faster.

I would decide on what type of racing you like. Open wheeled vs fenders and bumpers. They donít race each other, so itís all down to which style you prefer.
a1 likes this.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:38 AM
a1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Devin View Post
SC tends to be faster if the track is really loose. Longer wheelbase plus narrow tires lets you hammer the throttle earlier. If it is loose, and a fast flowing layout SC can definitely be faster.

I would decide on what type of racing you like. Open wheeled vs fenders and bumpers. They don’t race each other, so it’s all down to which style you prefer.
that makes sense. As far on deciding on wether I like open wheel of fender ,WELL, I have always loved open wheel. The 10th scale buggy has always been my favorite. Only thing is 10th scale gets ran over all day long during open practice by the ,up to , 8th scale nitro truggies. Also the track get blown out by 8th scale I am zig zagging down the straight trying to avoid the pot holes,lol. I then went to 10th scale short course ,same physical size as 8th , weight is about 1/3 of 8th though. With 2wd short course I have got my 2wd fix on and hated the body weight and aero dynamics . After a couple years of fustration I have got my tune in pretty dang good imo and the only complaint now is wanting to go faster.lol
At one point I did turn my short course into a 8th scale 2wd buggy,lol. Buggy body and wing, kept the short course wheels on also.
The turn out for anything 2wd is so low at the local track they will race 2wd buggy , stadium truck, and shortcourse 2wd all together. LOL so pretty much anything goes in 2wd.

Last edited by a1; 09-23-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big_Show View Post
Yes a T6.1 is going to be faster than the SC6.1, and at times depending on track conditions faster than a B6.1.
+1. A stadium is lighter, more agile, and has more rubber on the ground than an SC and will be closer to a buggy in terms of lap times. There are not a lot of conditions that would allow an SC to be faster than a ST but the scenario the Big_Show mentions is very possible.
a1 and Big_Show like this.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

2wd Buggy and 2wd Stadium Truck are similar, but bigger tires, swing arms, drive shafts, shock towers and shocks. Same chassis. So it should be easier to drive. 2wd Shortcourse, is longer, and the body is surprisingly heavy. Also the body weight is up higher. Besides the longer chassis, body mounts and body and Tires, about the same as Stadium Truck. In my experience, I like Shortcourse more. With the nerf bars and body, you can do more rubbing, when you race. I think the Stadium trucks are about the easiest to drive, as they are lighter and the big tires. Trick with the stadium trucks, is don't crash, as they tend to be more the same speed. Now, if you really want a blast, look into something like a Tekno sct410.3 shortcourse. Mod 4x4, and built like tanks. Super easy to put psycho power in them. Just be careful to not crash a 7 lb Tekno into other vehicles, people get upset.
a1 likes this.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:42 AM
Tech Adept

SCT is like a shoebox on wheels..... really,they donīt feel like racecars . I race them on VRC with some friends and HATE them.

And I LOVE stadium Trucks. Fast, sort of precise, nice jumping ..... best class out there.
a1 and Big_Show like this.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Stadium truck gets my vote . I like all 2wd cars buggy being my favorite, Stadium truck being a close second . Short course for me is like driving a limo with a parachute attached . I like short course because you can bump and rub but 90% of the time i think a Stadium truck will be faster . Stadium truck drives like a big lazy more forgiving 2wd buggy
a1 likes this.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I love them both lol.
a1 likes this.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I personally canít get over the look of a SCT. I much prefer stadium trucks, bashing and racing.
a1 likes this.